Pechauer cues

BazookaJoe

Destroyer of stickers
Silver Member
Have never had the opportunity to shoot with a Pechauer. Can I get a few opinions?

nbc

Cuefather
Silver Member
I have one... and mine is one of the mid-90's Pechauer cues. Very well made cue... has a different sound to it when you hit the cue ball. Nothing unpleasant...just different.

nbc

Jon

Custom User Title
Silver Member
i own a pechauer, as does my father, and they both hit great, and i've had the pleasure of playing with about half a dozen other ones too, from the least expensive sneaky pete to the really high end cues, the all hit great... if you are thinking about getting one, get it and if you don't like it, i'll kiss your ass in the middle of main street, and give you 30 mins. to draw a crowd...

Thanks

Jon

Purdman

Banned
I traded an Espiritu for one a few weeks back. Cue hits very well. It is the P-10, retails for $530. Brand new with one shaft. You can have it for $400. Nicely inlaid, real pretty cue. Everything I sell is 100% guarenteed.
Don Purdy

NOSAJ03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just ordered one yesterday, finally after a long time of indecision. Im having him build me a modified production cue. Ill post pics when I get it. They are supposed to be a very excellent cue but the only thing negative that I heard was that they have a certain "twang" to their hit, but that not too bad. The owner of the local ph that I go to has a collection of custom cues and the main cue that he has has a similar "twang" and he loves the cue. I cant wait

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one and love it! It was just a little short for me (I have a long wing span) so I had Dave Jacoby make me a longer custom cue. Took me quite a while to get used to Dave's cue after having played with the Pechauer. I'm real happy with the Jacoby now.

nbc

Cuefather
Silver Member
NOSAJ03 said:
I just ordered one yesterday, finally after a long time of indecision. Im having him build me a modified production cue. Ill post pics when I get it. They are supposed to be a very excellent cue but the only thing negative that I heard was that they have a certain "twang" to their hit, but that not too bad. The owner of the local ph that I go to has a collection of custom cues and the main cue that he has has a similar "twang" and he loves the cue. I cant wait

Ah... so this "twang" is a common characteristic of Pechauer cues? Is it because of the joint?

nbc

LC3

Playing the table
Silver Member
I was thinking about getting another Viking, but I might give Pechauer a try. I hear nothing but praise for them. I'd like to see exactly what this twang is though. Twang sounds a little too much like buzz.

Last edited:

NOSAJ03

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
nbc said:
Ah... so this "twang" is a common characteristic of Pechauer cues? Is it because of the joint?

nbc

To be honest with you I dont know. A lot of people say that it is because of the joint and then there are a lot of people that say it is because of the ferrule like the material and the way that it is put on. I have always wondered that myself but I could never really get a straight answer for anyone I asked. I talked to Scott from Pechauer and he said that he never really noticed the "twang" but he may be used to it. All I know is that they are quality made cues.

nbc

Cuefather
Silver Member
Well, this thread about Pechauer cues made me take my Pechauer cue from my cue cabinet and I played a couple of hours with it.

Great hitting cue! I wonder why I never made it my regular playing cue... ???

I was able to do a couple of run outs in 9 ball and one in 8 ball...playing against my wife. She hates me right now... ha ha ha.

nbc

nbc

Cuefather
Silver Member
Well, this thread about Pechauer cues made me take my Pechauer cue from my cue cabinet and I played a couple of hours with it.

Great hitting cue! I wonder why I never made it my regular playing cue... ???

I was able to do a couple of run outs in 9 ball and one in 8 ball...playing against my wife. She hates me right now... ha ha ha.

nbc

BazookaJoe

Destroyer of stickers
Silver Member
This has been a big help. I've gotten quite a few bad opinions of them 'round here, but no one it seems has actually shot with one. they've all "heard from someone". I'll probably be trying one for my newest cue next month.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let us know your opinion once you have shot with one. I would like to know as well.

Thanks,
DDK