Pool on TV

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all. I recall that there was a thread recently discussing pool on tv - something like Billiard Club or Billiard Channel on satellite tv. Since that time, I have contacted both Direct TV and Dish Network only to find there is no listing for such events. Can anyone advise me on where to start? I would very much like to get a dish to watch pool if it is available in all areas. My concern was that maybe it was only in certain veiwing areas. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Of course after I posted this request, I found the information I was looking for....thanks anyway!

9balllvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the information I found in one of the old threads:

CABLE TV SCHEDULE STARTS JULY 3rd
BCtv Summer Schedule Premiers July 3rd
Over 100 Scheduled Broadcast Times in the 13-week Series

Beginning July 3rd on Empire Sports Network in New York and July 11th on Sunshine Network in Florida, Billiard Club television will make its broadcast debut featuring 13 matches from the 2002 U. S. Open 9-Ball Championship. The broadcast will continue for a 13-week schedule on each network and conclude with the exciting two-hour final match that was seen live on pay-per-view last September 29th.

Satellite subscribers outside the Empire Sports and Sunshine Network market areas will have access via DISH Network's channel 422(EMP) and 432(SUN) and DirecTV's channel 626(EMP) and 632(SUN). If these channels are not part of your satellite channel lineup, call your satellite provider and request the expanded FOX Sports package, which gives access to all its regional networks. Blackouts will apply to NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB and other major sporting events.

DISH Network 1-800-333-3474 or DirecTV 1-888-238-7178

For cable subscribers outside the Empire and Sunshine market areas, DISH Network will offer the best package and more future opportunities to see pool on TV. All new subscribers to DISH Network through this service will help benefit and ensure the future distribution of billiard programming.

Get the best DISH Network offer online by clicking here.

Empire Sports will air BCtv up to five times each week, premiering Thursday @ 9:00 PM.
Weekly repeats include: Friday @ 2:00 PM, Saturday @ Noon and Midnight and Tuesday @ 8:00 PM.

Sunshine Network will air BCtv four times each week, premiering Friday at 4:00 PM.
Weekly repeats include: Friday @ 10:30 PM (Moves to 10:00 PM starting July 25), Monday @ 5:00 PM and Thursday @ 5:00 AM

With the weekly repeats on each network, satellite customers will have over 100 opportunities to watch the program throughout the 13-week series. Check online listing at www.empiresports.com and www.sunshinenetwork.com. Both schedules are Eastern Time.

Thank you for your support!

For more information, questions or comments,
Rob Sykora
Billiard Club network
Toll Free 1-866-774-8770
or
billiardclub@earthlink.net:)