Predator chalk

nympfisher

SEMI AMATURE
Silver Member
Well so far im not impressed. Very gritty. Even masters feels better. One cube even has a pretty good size void in it.

Carl

bigskyblue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well so far im not impressed. Very gritty. Even masters feels better. One cube even has a pretty good size void in it.

Carl
I recently purchased a (5) pack of Predator 1080 chalk from Pooldawgs,
because they had the lowest price and shipping rate.

I conducted a blind "A" - "B" -"C" - "D" comparison between Masters, Silvercup, Predator and Blue Diamond chalk. I placed each piece of chalk into (4) different pocket chalk holder (all the same and same color, black) and played three practice racks of (14.1) with each. Each chalk holder was assigned a number that was covered over with black tape. I made a conscious effort not to look at the chalk side of the holder as I applied the chalk to the tip. I used (4) band new pieces of chalk. As a rule, I chalk up, after each shot.

RESULTS:

1. The Masters chalk seemed dryer and required re-chalking often. Miscued twice in three racks.
2. The Silvercup surprised me. It seemed to have more body than the Masters and went onto the cue tip much more easily. No miscues.
3. The Predator had the easiest application of all of the chalks. It seemed to be wetter or creamer than the rest. No miscues.
4. The Blue Diamond also had an easy application and seemed to have a fine git quality upon application that I found to be appealing. This chalk had the firmest formulation. No miscues.

str8shooter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried the predator chalk after a year of kamui and nothing else and was not impressed.It did not stay on a kamui black medium tip worth shit but did not make a mess on my table like the masters.Gave the other 4 away and each had the same issue with more miscues than masters.I broke down and spent the $30 on a new cube of .98 and can go multiple racks with no problems.I'll be tough to go back to chalking every shot and blue shafts.

BigNBeefY

Just Stopping By
Silver Member
I love my predator chalk...its like a poor mans kamui...only slightly less pasty. I have noticed that with extensive use that you have to rough or pick your tip more often but when applied correctly it holds longer than blue diamond or master

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i like it a lot the shape is nice too, Kamui is a hair better, i used them together and that seemed the best plan.

FaithHopeLove

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am currently using predator chalk and honestly I love it.
It sticks onto your tip longer than any other chalks such as Brunswick, Triangle and Masters.
I honestly have not had any miscues ever since I switched to predator chalk.
Good job predator! :)

Last edited:

alexk3954

Registered
Thanks for the reviews, I am still new and was surprised to hear people down on masters chalk, I was under the impression that it was a good brand. I will have to do a bit more research

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Masters is pretty good, it's been the standard for years. Some people wouldn't use anything else, but it is no longer state of the art

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Used Masters for years like most. Switched to Blue Diamond a few years ago and it was my favorite. Tried some Predator recently, and I like it just as well as Blue Diamond. Tip holds chalk well - I recently switched to Tom Hay's Ultraskin tips which I love as well. The octagonal shape makes it easier to swipe the chalk as well. The price is right to me as well - five for $8.

Railbird Hero

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In my opinion I think the Predator and Blue Diamond were very much in the same class. It is funny having an eight sided cube of chalk. I did notice that the Predator did not last as long and I can get the chalk down the the paper or just about that. I have a piece of blue diamond that at the end of its life was 3/16" tall.
I did go back to my Blue Diamond, but I would buy and use the Predator chalk, even if its a pain to fit into my chalker box.
I just prefer the Blue Diamond. I can say they're my favorite but it also depends on the person. They would not make so many brands if people didnt rely upon them and use them frequently.
Try a cube/or octagon out and see if it fits your game.
as nice as Kamui is its still 30$ and out of a lot of players budget for recreational/league play.
Hope this kind of helps.
Predator lasted about 2 months. Blue Diamond gets me closer to 3 months, and I play almost every day.