Predator REVO shaft

AndyDandy75

Anyone have opinions on the “feel” of the Predator REVO shafts?

My friend is taking some time away from the game to have a baby and lent me his bag to try his Predator REVO 12.9 shaft

I thought a “pro taper” was cylindrical for 12”-14” before beginning to taper?
His shaft tapers slightly from 13mm to 14.5mm for the first bit before truly tapering out to the joint
Feels odd when using a closed bridge

Missing the plot
Andy

bignick31985

Life Long Learner
Silver Member
Have been using one for a long time, since they only had the BVP version.

Love it. Shoots straighter than I can, lol. Have a UniLoc 12.4 and Radial 12.4 and the radial version has better feel, imo.

lord_shar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm considering getting a 5/16x14 WVP version as well for my playing cue, though I have not decided what tip diameter nor brand to go with yet. My only other Predator shaft is an older Z with the conical taper. I am also interested in other player opinions on Revo's that they have used.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i am using an 11.8 revo
have tried the 12.9 and 12,4
the taper does not bother me
i like the thinner tip as i have a cleaner image of where i am hitting on the cue ball (or at least trying to ...LOL)

purple4

I shoot with a Doug Beasley 4 point (DB) 3/8 10 and a revo 12.9. I also have radial 12.4 and 12.9 on a production predator sneaky pete. The fit on my DB is near perfect you can feel the joint but you cannot see any lip without magnification. I am guessing like .0001-.0003. The fit on my production is perfect. I think the hit on my DB 4 point with 3/8 10 is solid and it has wicked power. The hit on the production radial is close and I may not be able to tell blindfolded but in my head the DB hits better. My coach shoots with a 90s SW and when he shoots with my "cheater" stick he cant believe how little he has to compensate compared to his war horse. Or when he has me go for extreme stun draw position he often says my cue could never do that fwiw. I suck at pool so I feel like the 12.9 leaves me less decision room where to place my tip than the 12.4 does. Or at least mentally that is where I am at. Another thing we discuss at lessons is that because I am still working on a decent stroke, we just do not know the limits of the revo yet, he is impressed though when I manage to smack one perfect with speed at what can happen eventually when I get my crap in one container.