Private Billiard Club...

B

Beavis

BHAMKID said:
im not saying its not a good idea because i have the same thing in mind as what im about to tell you.. for when i open my room... and i dont know... maybe this is what you are talking about... but i got the idea from a room in Atlanta. inside of a regular pool room i want to have a members only area where everyone can bet it up and/or relax and just watch some tube or hang out with friends and sweat other matches. have a room set aside with 3 or 4 tables. like a diamond bar box, a 9 footer, and an 8 foot table, and then have a 9 foot triple shimmed table. that way there is a table for every type of action, with plenty of room. and not having to worry about loud music or poeple walking by you and interupting you while you shoot. have a big screen tv. and a couple couches set aside in a corner for poeple to just relax and enjoy the show. dont know... but thats what im going to do as soon as i get up the cash.

oh one more thing...
the 24 hour thing would not be a problem either. as long as someone had action or as long as there was "pool players" there as appozed to rail beaters it would stay open.

They have something like what your describing out west. Its a room full of medalists, and then there is a room in the center. Its air tight, no noise, and has 4 diamonds on it. The owner says who can go in there and who cant. Its kinda cool, but it really can turn off the loyal customers as well.

Pool halls arent on the up right now. I have seen a few for sale on Ebay. They are going belly up. It takes a lot of dough to open a pool hall. The tables and acc. arent the cost. Its the liquor license. I looked into opening a pool hall in two different states. Both it was impossible almost. The dam county and state wants an arm and a leg for you to sale beer. Then they want you to make any noise, and gurantee there will never ever be any fights or playing for cash.

Its really too bad. I would open a pool hall in a minute, but with all of them going belly up, and such, its a little too risky for me.

pooljunkie73

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the city/state is charging a high liquor license fee it could be a good thing.It limits the number of hall's starting up, causing better compitition between the hall's.

In my city, liquor license's are a dime a dozen.With a population of 80,000 people we have 11 poolhall's.That's over kill.In my province we have VLT's which are like slot machine's.The room owner make's 90% of his income off the machine's.

The bad part about this is that the majority don't really care about the billiard's industry.

I wish we could limit the number of liquor licence's being released, therefore limiting the poolhall's.It might force the owner's to focus more on pool, the way it should be.

The PBC idea sounds interesting, just might work with the right clientel base.

Kent Mc