QBLIS chalkless cue tip

brigeton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran across this on Youtube yesterday. Has anyone seen one or have any experience with it?

Tom1234

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried one (different brand) a few years ago; pretty much worthless as I could get no backspin with it. I watched the video; Max got backspin but he’s a pro. I’d like to see a skilled pro play a tournament with one, then I would have the confidence to try another.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
I glued fine grit sand paper to by cue tip

it causes more damage to the cue ball, however the level of control on a masse or extreme side is worth it.

It gives me a reason to buy only new cue balls. Most pros buy and sign them.

Cue balls are like eggs, they are meant to be broken.

Broken in the sense of gradual erosion from usage.

A damaged cue ball is a sign of an experienced player.

Try to other surface composites or powders to ensure contact with the cueball.

Smooth vs course chalks have different effects, its all mathematics of materials.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I glued fine grit sand paper to by cue tip

it causes more damage to the cue ball, however the level of control on a masse or extreme side is worth it.

It gives me a reason to buy only new cue balls. Most pros buy and sign them.

Cue balls are like eggs, they are meant to be broken.

Broken in the sense of gradual erosion from usage.

A damaged cue ball is a sign of an experienced player.

Try to other surface composites or powders to ensure contact with the cueball.

Smooth vs course chalks have different effects, its all mathematics of materials.
wtf???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Tell blackball to post my videos demonstrating a variety of effects with different equipment.

I have another computer challenge.

14.1 programming challenging is can a programmer solve for a 14.1 high run?

The new programming challenge to promote carom is can who can program a computer to generate the most points in one inning.

The university I am from always promote more digits in pi. Its a classic throwback to the human calculators that memorized values from tables.

The digits in pi is basically the computer does not have enough memory, how can I do it manually?

For carom the programming challenge is to process the simulation fast enough. Its more challenging because the dataset is much larger than the options for shooting in pocket billiards. It might be a good way to test Quantum system reliability. Who is the best carom player?

I really believe billiards was developed for military technology development. Someone sell me a Quantum system emulator.

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
same here but i peek in every now and then. at least he's consistently off-the-air.
Learn to forgive yourself. You're smart enough, good enough, and dog gone it, people like you. Brian.....courtesy of Al Frankin.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
I ran across this on Youtube yesterday. Has anyone seen one or have any experience with it?
Usually when people use the word "this" it comes with an example of what you comment on not a suggestion for the readers to go find it themselves. Copying a posting a link is pretty elementary even for the most novice of computer users.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
wtf???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
That just cannot be a serious post. Who would put sandpaper grit on their cue tip to see how it works? Who does that?? What would the point even be? It would be like putting a tip on a baseball bat, OK, you did it, now what?? Most 'normal" people can assess the end result without actually having to do it and see why it would be a bad idea without actually doing it.

What's next?? "Maybe I will put a small ramp (about the same size as a door stop) in front of the rack of balls tonight to see what affects it has on my break shots tonight"? :unsure::unsure: SMH!!!!!!!