Question about Buddy Hall Derby Cues Pool Cue (Model DC05)

I recently found a really good deal on a Buddy Hall Derby Cues Pool Cue (Model DC05) that retails for $550.

I have read on another thread here that the Model 5 cue was made by Joss.

Does anyone know if Dan Janes is a member on this site?

I am too shy to call Joss cues up to ask them about it, because I know that they are probably too busy for these kinds of questions.

I know that Dan Janes is very busy, so I just do not want to bother him with the question.

Maybe someone on here has asked Joss about Derby Cues in the past, and could post the email reply (from Joss) on this thread (or in a pm to me).

I just want to know (for a fact) that Joss made the cue in the picture that I have provided.

I found this link below, but that info says nothing about who made the Derby Cues line of cues.

http://bankingwiththebeard.com/?p=1152

I read here on AZ billiards that there was only 108 of the cues made (10 of each model).

So that means that there were only 10 of the Model 5 cues made.

If this is true, than I think that the cue should have been called a limited edition series, and should have came with a certificate of authenticity from Joss.

I really did not mean to offend anyone (or call anyone a lier) in the thread that I replied to before, but all I received was a bunch of nasty replies about how rude and disrespectful I was being.

I was just trying to ask a question about a link that I found about Derby Cues.

Thanks.
 

Attachments

  • $(KGrHqN,!jUE-cjsDdFOBP)oDVJcTQ~~60_12.JPG
    $(KGrHqN,!jUE-cjsDdFOBP)oDVJcTQ~~60_12.JPG
    15.6 KB · Views: 525
Thanks for that info. I could not find Dan Janes email on the Joss cues website. I may not get a reply from Joss, so has anyone else received any info from Joss about the Buddy Hall Derby Cues pool cue line? I could not be the only person that is curious about this question of authenticity. Thanks.
 
I have sent Joss an email about it, and am now waiting for a reply. Is it possible that Joss cues did make a limited edition line of Derby Cues, and then the same brand name (with the same exact designs) started to get imported from another factory. I mean who ever owns the brand name could have started an import line of cues, right? I am only asking if it is possible, and if anyone thinks that their Derby Cues cue may be an import (not made in the USA)? Please be nice in your replies (without calling me any names, or insulting me in any way), because I am only asking for opinions. Thanks for your help.
 
Yes, I found out (in an email from Dan Janes) that Joss did make models 1 through 6, and Samsara was probably the maker of the other models in the line (because they all looked very high quality, with ivory inlays). Very beautiful cues, but I just wanted to be sure about their authenticity.
 
I recently found a really good deal on a Buddy Hall Derby Cues Pool Cue (Model DC05) that retails for $550.

I have read on another thread here that the Model 5 cue was made by Joss.

Does anyone know if Dan Janes is a member on this site?

I am too shy to call Joss cues up to ask them about it, because I know that they are probably too busy for these kinds of questions.

I know that Dan Janes is very busy, so I just do not want to bother him with the question.

Maybe someone on here has asked Joss about Derby Cues in the past, and could post the email reply (from Joss) on this thread (or in a pm to me).

I just want to know (for a fact) that Joss made the cue in the picture that I have provided.

I found this link below, but that info says nothing about who made the Derby Cues line of cues.

http://bankingwiththebeard.com/?p=1152

I read here on AZ billiards that there was only 108 of the cues made (10 of each model).

So that means that there were only 10 of the Model 5 cues made.

If this is true, than I think that the cue should have been called a limited edition series, and should have came with a certificate of authenticity from Joss.

I really did not mean to offend anyone (or call anyone a lier) in the thread that I replied to before, but all I received was a bunch of nasty replies about how rude and disrespectful I was being.

I was just trying to ask a question about a link that I found about Derby Cues.

Thanks.

They were made in Tampa by Wayne Gunn who I think is still around.
http://www.tampabilliards.com/derby.html
http://www.tampabilliards.com/waynesty.html
They didn't make a lot of them I don't believe. I am sorry to say, from what I saw of them they were not a very well made cue for some reason. Had a cheap look and feel. I once won one in a raffle at a tournament. It was valued at $500.00 and I sold it for $100.00 before I left.

I have to come back and add this. I just looked at the link you provided and those don't look anything like the old Derby cues from the 80's. With all the seeming cnc work they were made years later. Perhaps since Buddy Hall is involved he has some right to the name and they could be made by anyone, even overseas maybe China.
 
Last edited:
Joss and Samsara made them 2 years or so ago. The name is the only thing associating them with the cues from Tampa.
Kid, Dick Abbott set you straight once about this, you don't need anymore confirmation than him. Buy a cue already and not the 200 dollar "taper roll" cheap ass import on Ebay
 
Yes,that is one of the cues that Dan Janes made.I`m very good friends with Buddy and T.R. I sold alot of the derby cues.
 
Are you saying that there are Derby Cues that are being imported from Asia (with the same exact logo and designs in the butt)? That is what I was asking about on another thread, but nobody replied to tell me that there are imported Derby Cues. Thank for your help.

Joss and Samsara made them 2 years or so ago. The name is the only thing associating them with the cues from Tampa.
Kid, Dick Abbott set you straight once about this, you don't need anymore confirmation than him. Buy a cue already and not the 200 dollar "taper roll" cheap ass import on Ebay
 
Back
Top