Shaft of Choice

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Ayone else been or had been using a Predator Z-2 shaft and feel it's time to make a change?? I've been playing one now for a couple years and just wondering what people use now that appreciate a different; more solid kinda feel after the switch.
 
Predator Z^2, nope have no desire to change. My main shaft is about 7 years old down to about 11.45mm weighs 3.7ozs. My backup is a Z^2 still pretty much in factory form 11.75mm weighs 3.9ozs. The hit between the 2 shafts is different, I can play with both but the main shaft plays effortlessly where the backup takes some adjusting.

But, even with the differences I wouldn't play with anything else.

Black Cat :cool:
 
change

I changed back to a Predator 314-2. I was jarring balls in the pocket. I believe that I was getting unintentional english . My game has gone up from there... I also prefer the taper.
 
I only use the shafts that we made for my cue... I don't like the feel of the low defs.
 
Birdseye Maple with an 18" pro taper.

9575512485_6fa2ddbed7_z.jpg
 
OB Pro (formerly known as "Classic Pro") here.

To be honest, I never liked the hit of any LD shaft -- especially the Predator Z^2 -- because the hit reminded me of linguini or something.

Then one day, I tried someone's OB Classic Pro (now known as simply "OB Pro"). I couldn't believe that an LD shaft could have such a solid hit -- just like a regular maple shaft -- except it was consistent. And, it felt even better than the flagship OB-1

So to the OP, try one of the OB "Classic"-series of shafts, whether that be the Classic itself (12.75mm), or the Pro (11.75mm). You'll see what I mean -- it's that hit you were looking for -- markedly different from the Z^2.

-Sean <-- likes pasta on my plate, not on my cue
 
I`m currently looking for a new 11.75mm shaft. Z2 seems to be the market leader, but how
is the competitors small diameter shafts?
McDermott i3 and Lucasi Hybrid slim?
Tried the OB Pro, but It`s not for me..
 
I shoot more with an original 314 than with the Z2, but I still switch off now and then
 
I got away from the z shaft a few years ago.
Just got tired of the small shaft.
Much better for me.
Shooting with a Mike Glyussay shaft now and really like the change for me.
 
Back
Top