Snapshotcues Vektor LD Shaft?

Lightn1nG

Has anyone tried out those Snapshot Vektor shafts?
I am in the search for an LD shaft which is not too pricey and came upon these... That's what the maker says:

These shafts are built from one piece 100% AA Hard Canadian Maple dowels. One piece shafts offer much more strength than the expensive laminated shafts of our competitors. Our design eliminates de-lamination and broken ferrules. All Vektor 2 shaft ends are cored (drilled) 15 cm deep and fitted exclusively with a Melamine (Ivorine) ferrule and a Black Medium Kamui Tip as default.

Melamine is a very durable thermosetting plastic material. Its characteristics as a ferrule have been compared to Ivory but is much more durable than Ivory. These ferrules are designed and fabricated by us exclusively for the Vektor 2 Shafts.

Also this guy patented the carbide ferrules which look quite cool and are a bit unusual for pool industry... Any thoughts on this as well?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has anyone tried out those Snapshot Vektor shafts?
I am in the search for an LD shaft which is not too pricey and came upon these... That's what the maker says:

These shafts are built from one piece 100% AA Hard Canadian Maple dowels. One piece shafts offer much more strength than the expensive laminated shafts of our competitors. Our design eliminates de-lamination and broken ferrules. All Vektor 2 shaft ends are cored (drilled) 15 cm deep and fitted exclusively with a Melamine (Ivorine) ferrule and a Black Medium Kamui Tip as default.

Melamine is a very durable thermosetting plastic material. Its characteristics as a ferrule have been compared to Ivory but is much more durable than Ivory. These ferrules are designed and fabricated by us exclusively for the Vektor 2 Shafts.

Also this guy patented the carbide ferrules which look quite cool and are a bit unusual for pool industry... Any thoughts on this as well?
No mention of ferrule weight anywhere. Seems to me that tung'carb. would be dense/heavy and would not lower deflection. Never seen one of these anywhere being used.

Lightn1nG

No mention of ferrule weight anywhere. Seems to me that tung'carb. would be dense/heavy and would not lower deflection. Never seen one of these anywhere being used.
Let's put that ferrule aside for a moment - you can get this shaft with other type of ferrules (melamine, or acrylic). Which ferrule would you recommend? And do you think this Shaft is a total gamble, or it might actually be really good?

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's put that ferrule aside for a moment - you can get this shaft with other type of ferrules (melamine, or acrylic). Which ferrule would you recommend? And do you think this Shaft is a total gamble, or it might actually be really good?
If you hadn't posted i'd never have heard of it. I wouldn't buy one myself. Get a Rhino CF for 169 instead.