Some tour and tournament questions

lady9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been taking a break from pool, specifically the tournament scene, for the last few years. I'm now itching to get back into it, but am dismayed to find that the landscape hasn't changed much in the midwest regarding tournaments, especially for women.

What's up with the Great Lakes Tour?? I played in a few events and absolutely loved them. Now I am unable to find an updated schedule and have read that it's changing hands. Bill Hess is supposed to be taking over. Does anyone know if the tour will continue or how to contact Bill?

Glad to see the Midwest 9ball Tour is still going strong. I will definately be getting to a few of those this year.

Viking Tour - okay, this one confuses me. There are articles dated near the beginning of this year announcing a ladies division/tour but other than that I can find no evidence of those events. I see that ladies get free entry, which is nice if you live near Georgia somewhere. Any chance of these expanding into the midwest? Is there anything someone could do to help make that happen?

Carom Room, Beloit - I got a little excited when I read the posts about this one. It's within driving distance and worth travelling for. But what does "no masters" mean? This is always an issue with me, because although I am a master in the realm of amateur women, I am far from being a master in that same category of men. So what I want to know is... can I play, too? :)

Thanks for any info!!!
Karla
 
Great Lakes Tour...

lady9ball said:
What's up with the Great Lakes Tour?? I played in a few events and absolutely loved them. Now I am unable to find an updated schedule and have read that it's changing hands. Bill Hess is supposed to be taking over. Does anyone know if the tour will continue or how to contact Bill?

Thanks for any info!!!
Karla

Karla As of today, the word is that Bill Hess will take over running the Great Lakes Women's 9 Ball Tour. He may have to change the name and few other things because Dave Hanshaw "owns" the name, "Great Lakes 9 Ball Tour". I haven't heard anything from Bill or anyone else. No qualifier has been scheduled to the rest of the year since WPBA runs their schedule - Calendar Year and the Regional Tours are trying to match up with WPBA schedule. That will prevent those qualifiers that you play with no event scheduled, i.e. "WPBA event 09".

I will be sure to let you know if I hear any thing. I expect around late November or early December.

S.
 
Tours

The website for the Midwest 9 ball tour is: http://www.9balltour.com

I was told by Mike Janis that the Viking tour, from Texas, would branch up into Oklahoma and Kansas. I do think they held a tournament in Tulsa at Magoos, but none have been held in Kansas yet.
 
Thank you for the info. If you get any contact info for Bill, I would like to speak to him. I may be able to talk my local room owner into hosting a Great Lakes Tour event (or whatever the name ends up being).
 
Back
Top