Speed up slow cloth

MasterRacker

The guy on the left.
Silver Member
Anyone have any suggestions on speeding up slow cloth? I have a backed cloth that has a little nap (no pilling). At best it was probably medium-fast. I'm too cheap to replace it right now and it's in decent shape other than the speed. I've experimented with spray starch and ironing it and that does speed it about 15% by my estimate, but the effect does not last.

I know some folks who swear by misting the cloth with Armor All. I can believe that might speed it up but I worry about that also causing skidding so draw and follow would not take correctly. Anyone have any secrets they are willing to share?

Fred

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If the cloth is loose you can pull the rails and restretch.

This probably wont do you any good, but for cloth that is pilling, you can give it a shave. Takes some time and the blades dull pretty fast, but it will speed it up. Careful though, or you'll be replaceing that cloth sooner then you'ld like.
Justin Nuder

NoBull9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can try to stretch it.Backed cloth is as bad as it gets.My suggestion would to just let the cloth be until you can afford to replace it.I've never had anyone ask me to shave there cloth and I would not spray anything on it either.Just let it be and replace it when you can.

NineBallNut

Silver Member
Not much you can do with backed cloth. The above poster is correct in saying that you should leave it until you can get something new. In my opinion spraying additives on it will change it's playability characteristics in a bad way.