Thinking of Jump/Break/Playing cue

blokid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi all,
I wonder why we do not use break, jump, playing cue in just one stick (3 pieces). Could you give me advice.

Thanks.
 
It's totally possible, and there are people just play with a single cue.
However, most people prefer to use several cues optimized (shaft taper, tip/ferrule, weight, etc.) for each specific purpose.
 
Andy Gilbert J/B does it and does it well.Highly recommended !!!

Yep, if you want a do it all cue, the Gilbert jump/break is amazing. With the stock tip it makes an excellent playing cue. I put a Samsara tip on mine so it's more a dedicated break/jump now (and jumps much easier than the stock tip) but it's a great playing cue and I'll still play out a rack with it every now and then for fun. Really a bargain of a custom cue at the price they go for, mine is beautifully made!
 
I've also been really wanting this set up lately. The problem I'm finding is that everything I want has a big slow pin and I don't want to sit there screwing and unscrewing shafts. My ideal set up would be a Mezz break cue and playing shaft with some sort of quick joint, but I don't think they can build that through their Exceed line.
 
Predator had one in their Poison line that was a travel cue BUT it apparently didn't sell
 
Back
Top