I'm ashamed of myself and have come here to confess my sins. Having returned to playing after a 30 year absence I was under the false assumption I could simply buy a game.
I bought a grand pool table and had a great installer set it up with the finest cloth available. That really didn't help so I figured I'd get some of those top of line balls and throw in one of those training cue balls as well. Still not what I had hoped for.
Certainly a fine cue would hold the secret to my yet to be answered prayers. Cue arrived just as described . Hold on, this taper, weight, balance and several types of wraps don't seem to be helping at all. WTF
I'm no dummy or quieter. Books, DVD's, slick shaft, glove, and one of those mechanical racking systems should be the hot ticket.Oh wait, whats up with this, I'm still terrible.
I give up. I'm defeated. What the hell, I'll give this foolishness all the better players on here are talking about and try practice. Go figure. How come nobody told me about this sooner.
Oh no, you gotta be kidding me. Now I hear just playing a couple hours a day by myself isn't practice. There are drills and all kinds of crap you have to do on a regular basis? Where's the fun in all this? Take a lesson? The last lesson any one ever gave me was my old man and he was correct. I never did forget it.
Off to see Mr. Joe Tucker for a [ heaven forbid ] formal lesson. Glad my old mans not around to hear about this. I can hear him now. " Next thing ya know you'll be buying bottled water stupid."
Well I have to tell you these teacher guys seem to have a few answer. Squirt, deflection, aiming systems and the proper way to practice. I'll be God d--ned. After 17 hours thats correct 17 non stop hours in 2 days I'm actually improving. I do hope my back and shoulders feel better soon. I just wish I knew about this guy and his methods about five thousand dollars ago.
Thanks Joe and Mike you guys are great.
I bought a grand pool table and had a great installer set it up with the finest cloth available. That really didn't help so I figured I'd get some of those top of line balls and throw in one of those training cue balls as well. Still not what I had hoped for.
Certainly a fine cue would hold the secret to my yet to be answered prayers. Cue arrived just as described . Hold on, this taper, weight, balance and several types of wraps don't seem to be helping at all. WTF
I'm no dummy or quieter. Books, DVD's, slick shaft, glove, and one of those mechanical racking systems should be the hot ticket.Oh wait, whats up with this, I'm still terrible.
I give up. I'm defeated. What the hell, I'll give this foolishness all the better players on here are talking about and try practice. Go figure. How come nobody told me about this sooner.
Oh no, you gotta be kidding me. Now I hear just playing a couple hours a day by myself isn't practice. There are drills and all kinds of crap you have to do on a regular basis? Where's the fun in all this? Take a lesson? The last lesson any one ever gave me was my old man and he was correct. I never did forget it.
Off to see Mr. Joe Tucker for a [ heaven forbid ] formal lesson. Glad my old mans not around to hear about this. I can hear him now. " Next thing ya know you'll be buying bottled water stupid."
Well I have to tell you these teacher guys seem to have a few answer. Squirt, deflection, aiming systems and the proper way to practice. I'll be God d--ned. After 17 hours thats correct 17 non stop hours in 2 days I'm actually improving. I do hope my back and shoulders feel better soon. I just wish I knew about this guy and his methods about five thousand dollars ago.
Thanks Joe and Mike you guys are great.