Unfinished work

Lexicologist71

Rabid Schuler fanatic
Silver Member
I tried to start a business making cues a while back. As it turned out, I had to move and had nowhere to work. I sold the equipment. I have one cue that never got finished. It was the fanciest cue I had made to date. It is still unfinished. It has no joint screw or shaft. I slapped some polyurethane on it to preserve the wood. Is there anyone in Ohio that would be interested in finishing this cue for me? A low deflection shaft would be preferred. The woodwork is finished. As I recall, the joint is ready for a 5/16 14tpi joint screw. It is the prettiest thing I made. I used a base of curly white oak and it has 4 compound points of bocote and snakewood. Those are straddled by rainbow points of curly maple. The butt sleeve uses diamonds of snakewood surrounded by bocote. Between the diamonds are ovals of curly maple. It has been staring at me for about 7 years. I want to play with the thing. Chris, Cueman, if you'd be interested, I could go outside of Ohio. You're one person I know and remember.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I tried to start a business making cues a while back. As it turned out, I had to move and had nowhere to work. I sold the equipment. I have one cue that never got finished. It was the fanciest cue I had made to date. It is still unfinished. It has no joint screw or shaft. I slapped some polyurethane on it to preserve the wood. Is there anyone in Ohio that would be interested in finishing this cue for me? A low deflection shaft would be preferred. The woodwork is finished. As I recall, the joint is ready for a 5/16 14tpi joint screw. It is the prettiest thing I made. I used a base of curly white oak and it has 4 compound points of bocote and snakewood. Those are straddled by rainbow points of curly maple. The butt sleeve uses diamonds of snakewood surrounded by bocote. Between the diamonds are ovals of curly maple. It has been staring at me for about 7 years. I want to play with the thing. Chris, Cueman, if you'd be interested, I could go outside of Ohio. You're one person I know and remember.
Email me some pictures of it.