What do you do to prepare to watch a live pool event?

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Movie theaters have been shutdown for two years. They need analytics to help optimize the theater experience.

The pool world is perfect for studying observation habits to help advertisers.

In some sports people pre game or drink a lot or play drinking games. In academics people eat pizza and talk. In pool there is a lot to explore.

The pool world has adopted technology a lot better than academics or entertainment.

How much stuff can you sell to someone to watch pool?

I got the shirt, the social media drama, the subscription, the direct marketing, the VIP fan experience, how about some group tours and packages.

I'd love to just book with a company that does all that. Fans need to experience pool just like a college tour, its not about the shot or paper.

If I go to a live pool event, my teams will have scouted the area, players, bios and plans for the future. All I have to do is prove I am there. Winning and losing is not important. Making the pool bigger takes time to prepare, show and tell can't happen every week. But when it does it has to be special like lab safety special, people can die.

justnum

Silver Member
I teach and its the worst when everyone is on the phone.

For pool players and pool crowds what would be fun for the entertainment value.

Not what is fun for the same ten people. What is fun for new people?

As a player wanting to beat a pro is a big deal.

As a fan being in the same room goes badly. As lincoln, first name abe.

What would be a fun experience for new people?

I have to plan out trips. Thanks for the help.

justnum

Silver Member
A scary thought to think you teach. Can you think of nothing better to do than to start the silliest threads on here you possibly can?

Clearly I have nothing better to do than to read and respond to them.

This is where I practice logic for years. I can program a private communications network to evade government agents.

Who can I sell that too?

justnum

Silver Member
When Filler did the jump celebration, was there a strong reaction?

Then I saw matchroom and Karl imitating Joshua a few days ago.

A discussion like that has to be like a year long joke.

Who has ever jumped like that to celebrate? He couldn't learn a dance move or a pose for the camera, even a catch phrase.

Or something with the cue stick.

I'd rather watch grass grow. Would you want young children doing that in public?

Its shameful when a college athlete intentionally injures someone. In pool a humiliating gesture should not be allowed.

At least sell the equipment or something, don't get too creative.

Have you ever been to a car show? No one dances at a car show.

If I take a group of youth to a live pool event. I would show them the production and management, not the show.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where do you live that movie theaters have been shut down for two years?

justnum

Silver Member
Where do you live that movie theaters have been shut down for two years?
New Rochelle had the first mandated shutdowns.

Imagine telling all the college sports organizations you think an global pandemic is happening. Everyone was like "its been on the schedule." Then explaining to students why we are shutting down but everyone else is not and then the parents and families and then the dorm life.

If it wasn't for the NBA shutting down early, no one would have believed it at the college level. Athletes and coaches are really stubborn.

justnum

Silver Member
Pool might be the only sport where an ambulance is not needed on standby.

Axe throwing is about to become popular, can you imagine all the families at home with sharp axes?

Getting people to show up early or on time to a sports event is a popular problem. In the city event locations have bad parking.

In rural areas, driving is just not safe, too many drunks and blind turns.

justnum

Silver Member
Anyone allowing their kids around you should be locked up right beside you
Before I approach a board of family members that pay tuition and have expectations on the quality of their instructors character as well as their academic credentials and current professional development, I will say that kids are parents that have no idea how to help children in grade school subjects.

Sometimes sending children away to school to people who have no idea what your child was like growing up is going to have mixed results. On most sports teams everyone is average.

We all want to see superstars, but most times it is average and the best of the average group.

I regularly attend NJCAA functions. Building the community is a challenge.

Pool suffers the same problem, people don't know how to show support or how to support the current effort.

I have clearance to be around children in NYC by the DOE as well as college students in research and teaching setttings. In addition to children in alternative education settings because the general education system does not respond well to unusual cases.

These are all problems you can't throw money at to solve.

Inviting investors to watch pool and introduce them to pool people has to be professional sometimes.

Every parent knows their kid will act up away. At least with pool no one is going to go home with broken bones.

And most pool rooms have better coverage than other team sports where refs can't tell when someone is about need months of medical treatment. A pro was called for touching the wrong ball.

In contact sports touching is loosely interpreted. Try explaining why a athlete has trouble counting because their sports idol tells them to sacrifice their head. Or the pitcher who thinks hitting the batter is better than walking them. Some sports just breed bad decisions.

Its basic reasoning.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
optimize the theater experience.
a) decrease the volume so that you don't go deaf while watching the movie.
b) sell fewer than ½ the seats
c) add a 1 sq ft table to each chair for drinks and things
d) get rid of the 15 minutes of pre-movie movie adds
e) only show movies without CGI effects
The pool world has adopted technology a lot better than academics or entertainment.
Academics use lasers to do things, what does the world of pool use lasers for ?
How much stuff can you sell to someone to watch pool?
Nothing.

23DenaliBDE

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I have clearance to be around children in NYC by the DOE as well as college students in research and teaching setttings.
What in the actual F.……… 1. There’s no such thing. 2. Only a pedophile would say something that creepy. Thanks for immediately proving me correct

justnum

Silver Member
What in the actual F.……… 1. There’s no such thing. 2. Only a pedophile would say something that creepy. Thanks for immediately proving me correct

Some places do their own fingerprint scanning like DOE.

Other places make you go to the police station with some minimally trained minimally literate semi functioning human. You would be lucky if they say hi when you walk in.

justnum

Silver Member
a) decrease the volume so that you don't go deaf while watching the movie.
b) sell fewer than ½ the seats
c) add a 1 sq ft table to each chair for drinks and things
d) get rid of the 15 minutes of pre-movie movie adds
e) only show movies without CGI effects

Academics use lasers to do things, what does the world of pool use lasers for ?

Nothing.

You never thought to sell lasers and laser reflectors. The film Real Genius is about lasers. Most of the academics knew the references.

Have you seen what masers can do. Microwave class. Light weapons are limited.

23DenaliBDE

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Some places do their own fingerprint scanning like DOE.

Other places make you go to the police station with some minimally trained minimally literate semi functioning human. You would be lucky if they say hi when you walk in.
It’s part of a background check, not a “clearance to be around children” you creep.

justnum

Silver Member
It’s part of a background check, not a “clearance to be around children” you creep.
Did you have to survive a year of being with the children and experience the problems the parents create because they are unprepared.

I call that a clearance, they got me a discounted price. Even though it was well under my value.

It is called a sales clearance. You government tool.

Typing on the internet is not worth my time to deal with comments like yours.

For me it is called work. For you its free help. I don't plan to radicalize you ok.

If you want to help. Narrow down the potentials I am single.

If you think someone is a good fit for me just say so. Pass the info. If they can't last 30 minutes talking in a forum, its not going to work.