Who is going to win the 2023 Mosconi Cup?

Who wins Mosconi Cup 2023

• Total voters

Flakeandrun

I’ve been watching the videos Molina Mike has been posting of team USA training…Shane Wolford looks unplayable. Complete deer in the headlights look.

It’s also crazy to me how little Team USA communicates when practicing scotch doubles.
I do also think that he looks a little lost/ripe for a smashing. Hopefully he can pull it together and make a bit of a show/show what he's made of, as he's obviously a capable player (not like Styer shouting over nothing) - hoping this Mosconi has some good matchups

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
have we known which will be used? template rack or triangle rack? I saw team US practicing with both, but it's been triangle racks last few years.

VarmintKong

Cannonball comin’!
Gold Member
It’s also crazy to me how little Team USA communicates when practicing scotch doubles.
How much can they communicate? They can’t talk, right?

What I have seen is that the next player stands behind the next shot and puts the cue down on their preferred shot line. Nobody’s talking, but they’re getting a feel for their teammates preferred angles.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
How much can they communicate? They can’t talk, right?

What I have seen is that the next player stands behind the next shot and puts the cue down on their preferred shot line. Nobody’s talking, but they’re getting a feel for their teammates preferred angles.
They can talk all they want. The Americans just prefer not to for the most part.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Has anyone considered what Fedor's life is like?

He hasnt been home for years, he may never get the chance, and now pool fans can only blame him? The best way to cheer is to stay positive and let people know you are a fan.

Imagine some jerk did something stupid that cost you your life, family, home, future and any sense of stability. Now you are forced to endure and suffer the consequences. Who would you be angry at?

The guy who is struggling at his regular work. Or the fool that ruined the party.

Support Fedor the next great business owner ready to expand billiards in the growing Eastern European markets.

Iceman is cooling down, Fedor needs a nickname.

Flakeandrun

Has anyone considered what Fedor's life is like?

He hasnt been home for years, he may never get the chance, and now pool fans can only blame him? The best way to cheer is to stay positive and let people know you are a fan.
Never thought I'd be on a similar wavelength to you buddy.

But he doesn't need a nickname... he needs to wear a Fedora.

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just rewatching last years Mosconi Cup matches. I have always thought Europe has the edge. Now I’m starting to think it is more 50/50 this year. This poll is WHO DO YOU THINK WILL WIN ? Not who you want to win lol
Do you stil feel the same way?

Sent from my SM-S918B using Tapatalk

Catalin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hahaha! Yeah eating my words a little…. I still feel that this USA team can beat Europe. I think next year will be a much much closer cup.
Isn't that what you said this year? Why would next year be any different. I think the results are predictable from the ratings. Only 2 USA players are in Top 10 and that's counting Fedor. All Europe players are in Top 10.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Fargo doesn't say much about the curent form... take Kaci

in general i agree, but the ability to travel to all the big MR events still weighs heavy on the asian side. one really has to look at both fargo and 9b ranking to get an accurate picture. it's probably about 50/50 between the euros and the asians.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Fargo doesn't say much about the curent form... take Kaci
The only thing we know about Kaci since his accident this summer is the 70 games he played against established opponents at World 8-Ball in October. His opponents averaged 804, and won 39 games and lost 31. With a rating of 831, Kaci was expected to win 38.