Jen.B and Emily.D what are you???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I see on face book they are all excited about playing "League" Tonight. So these gals are league players?? they keep touting themselves as "Female Pro Players" So what are they? Seems to me the yare League players who have nice features and when its helpful they are "Pro players. I didn't know Pro's were allowed to play league to be honest. Pick one and stick with it, I have seen them both play and I think they need to not take the Pro path. Just enjoy pool having a few drinks with your League friends. Anyone else see the flip flopping here?

Reactions: mia

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Maybe it's not the same thing, but I can't count how many times in a bar I've been a pilot or a pro soccer player or a gynecologist. Maybe they're just hoping to hook up. I haven't seen the Facebook page, do they need to lie to hook up, it seems to me if they're playing league they'd have to do reasonably little to find "companionship" - beer goggles and all, you know
But of course I could be wrong...

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Uh yeah, who gives a sh*t? Did one of them beat you during league night or something?

They play in pro tournaments but like also playing in a team setting with friends. If they are rated correctly, I don't see a problem.

Become the league operator, then you can ban whoever you want every time the sand in your vagina gets irritated.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So I see on face book they are all excited about playing "League" Tonight. So these gals are league players?? they keep touting themselves as "Female Pro Players" So what are they? Seems to me the yare League players who have nice features and when its helpful they are "Pro players. I didn't know Pro's were allowed to play league to be honest. Pick one and stick with it, I have seen them both play and I think they need to not take the Pro path. Just enjoy pool having a few drinks with your League friends. Anyone else see the flip flopping here?

:scratchhead:

Where else is there to play? If there is a pool table there, all is welcome.

Especially if they are women. If they are women, they're not going to do that well against good men league players....

I'd love it if more women played in leagues. I'd play any woman in the world in league play on a bar box.:smile:

Jesters

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't care if the y play league if they qualify to play league. I guess if I were having photo shoots etc and claiming to be a pro player I would not be playing league. I mean do they go into the local pool room with a swagger "I'm the pro player" its laughable really I don't see Corey, Shane, Allison, Karen or any pros playing league. Just seems they are trying to gloryfy themselves yet at the end of the day they are just league players that get some kind old man to put them into pro events. If I enter a pro event can I go around telling people I am a pro player? I guess I could but I would end up looking stupid at the end of the night after everyone in the place beats me. I just don't know how they can call themselves pro players with a streaight face. Maybe its the attention they are after. I know this sound harsh but someone has to say it. I know alot of you out there have thought "What?? Pro player I could rob her" Anyway .Just a touch of reality since AZ is back up and running.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't care if the y play league if they qualify to play league. I guess if I were having photo shoots etc and claiming to be a pro player I would not be playing league. I mean do they go into the local pool room with a swagger "I'm the pro player" its laughable really I don't see Corey, Shane, Allison, Karen or any pros playing league. Just seems they are trying to gloryfy themselves yet at the end of the day they are just league players that get some kind old man to put them into pro events. If I enter a pro event can I go around telling people I am a pro player? I guess I could but I would end up looking stupid at the end of the night after everyone in the place beats me. I just don't know how they can call themselves pro players with a streaight face. Maybe its the attention they are after. I know this sound harsh but someone has to say it. I know alot of you out there have thought "What?? Pro player I could rob her" Anyway .Just a touch of reality since AZ is back up and running.

:sorry:

In case you never noticed...a woman pro player is nothing like a male pro player. I'd welcome all pro players in all the leagues I shoot in.

Heck...I just welcome all women period. :smile:

Back in the 1980's, I'd go bar hoping with Earl Stricklin and people that didn't know us were trying to hustle us. :)

Allen Hopkins used to show up a lot in places you'd never think of. As long as there is a pool table...that's where pool players go...pro or not.

Lots of pros gamble on bar boxes. I've even seen a few shoot Tap League. Just maybe four years ago Brandon Shuff was playing Tap league. It's no big deal.

:wink:

TheNewSharkster

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think the real question is do they play at pro speed. I could post on my facebook page that I am a pro until my face turned blue but at the end of the day I am a SL6 in APA :)

Omrider

Registered
Quite funny to read this thread. Some guys have their panties in a bunch over bubkus.

I play in Emily and Jen's league. I'm only a C+. So I guess they're not pros and shouldn't advertise themselves as such. Totally.

Oh, you know who also plays in the league? Mika Immonen, Earl Strickland, Tony Robles, Sean "Alaska" Morgan, Zion Zvi, Steve Lipsky, Danny Barouty, Daniel Dagotdot, Mike Yednak, Gregg McAndrews, Chris Lynch, Jerry Tarantola, and a bunch of other O and A level players.

LOL! Haters will hate. But some do understand without an explanation. Cheers to them.

Last edited:

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
In all fairness to the OP, this is a legit question and I'm sure the subject comes up often. Thing is, the WPBA is in such shambles that it is a shell of what it used to be. These days, they accept entries from players that wouldn't have won a qualifier, years ago.

To answer the original question, Jenn plays good enough to be a "WPBA pro". Emily is, at best, a high APA sl6.

While Omrider is correct that the ABC league allows "pros" to play, I would say that of the examples s/he used, almost half the list would NOT be considered pro speed.

Eric

Quite funny to read this thread. Some guys have their panties in a bunch over bubkus.

I play in Emily and Jen's league. I'm only a C+. So I guess they're not pros and shouldn't advertise themselves as such. Totally.

Oh, you know who also plays in the league? Mika Immonen, Earl Strickland, Tony Robles, Sean "Alaska" Morgan, Zion Zvi, Steve Lipsky, Danny Barouty, Daniel Dagotdot, Mike Yednak, Gregg McAndrews, Chris Lynch, Jerry Tarantola, and a bunch of other O and A level players.

LOL! Haters will hate. But some do understand without an explanation. Cheers to them.

Reactions: mia

FastManners

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be fair

I also play in the same ABC league (as a bit of a donkey A player) and although the list provided are not all what would be deemed pro speed players, there are at least a couple of top pros in the list and the rest are at least very sporty players.
People like to run down leagues, but I have to say that this is a very well run league with some real competition in it. I am not sure how that can hurt your game, but perhaps I am missing something?
League play in my mind is a great way for players to measure progress and as such aspire to get better. The best way to get better is to play more.

Anyway, I personally think some people (and I am not saying you Eric) have a very closed mind and snobbish view when it comes to leagues.

krupa

The Dream Operator
Silver Member

oh my god! oh. MY. GOD!

Let me see if I understand this correctly. Are you saying... I mean you really can't be... the idea is just too crazy... but are you really trying to imply that someone didn't tell the complete and honest truth on the Internet!!??

That can't be true! Please! Someone tell me he's lying! I spent all that money on those pills and I swear I've seen a change in my... well... never mind about what does or does not need size-adjustment.

:D

In all seriousness, I don't see the flip-flopping. The talent pool in NYC is deep and I imagine (as others have pointed out) that there are "pro" players who also play in leagues. "Pro" is a just a wishy-washy label whose definition no one can agree on anyway.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Checkmate.......

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member

Mika, Earl and Tony Robles also play in the same league and were there last night.

By the way, if you don't think Jenn isn't good enough to be a female pro, then you have no idea what you're talking about. Odds are, she beats you.

Last edited:

cardiac kid

Super Senior Member
Silver Member
Let me see if I understand this correctly. Are you saying... I mean you really can't be... the idea is just too crazy... but are you really trying to imply that someone didn't tell the complete and honest truth on the Internet!!??.

But do they have French models for dates? Bonjour.

Lyn

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
In all fairness to the OP, this is a legit question and I'm sure the subject comes up often. Thing is, the WPBA is in such shambles that it is a shell of what it used to be. These days, they accept entries from players that wouldn't have won a qualifier, years ago.

To answer the original question, Jenn plays good enough to be a "WPBA pro". Emily is, at best, a high APA sl6.

While Omrider is correct that the ABC league allows "pros" to play, I would say that of the examples s/he used, almost half the list would NOT be considered pro speed.

Eric

In all fairness, Emily isn't not an amazing player but she's no apa6. I would say she plays bout even with you. She's a B+ in leagues and tournaments and does well. (From what I've seen you're about at the B+, correct me if I'm wrong) Just giving credit where it's due, she's improving.

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In all fairness, Emily isn't not an amazing player but she's no apa6. I would say she plays bout even with you. She's a B+ in leagues and tournaments and does well. (From what I've seen you're about at the B+, correct me if I'm wrong) Just giving credit where it's due, she's improving.

I'd say Eric is at LEAST a ball better than Emily. Now I know very little of Emily's game other than what I hear from those who DO know and the few matches I've been able to catch online.

From what I can tell, she doesn't play at Pro speed. I wouldn't even consider her an Open or A player. To be honest, it seems like a lot of the KOD girls tout their skills but sell their looks. Put any of them in the WPBA as it were 10 years ago and none of them would rank in the top 20 (except Jenn).

They seem to hype themselves up and market themselves as pros because... well, pool these days is in such disarray that virtually anyone can call themselves a "pro" if they pay their regional tour annual dues and shell out the $50-$100 to compete in a few tournies. All it takes is one person to sponsor you and pay at least part of your way and boom! You're a "pro" because someone is willing to pay you to play pool... like Shanelle who is a C player at best, but still a "pro".

-B <---------- not a pro. Barely an amateur

Last edited:

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Who takes home the cash between you and Em?

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
I'd say Eric is at LEAST a ball better than Emily. Now I know very little of Emily's game other than what I hear from those who DO know and the few matches I've been able to catch online.

From what I can tell, she doesn't play at Pro speed. I wouldn't even consider her an Open or A player. To be honest, it seems like a lot of the KOD girls tout their skills but sell their looks. Put any of them in the WPBA as it were 10 years ago and none of them would rank in the top 20 (except Jenn).

They seem to hype themselves up and market themselves as pros because... well, pool these days is in such disarray that virtually anyone can call themselves a "pro" if they pay their regional tour annual dues and shell out the $50-$100 to compete in a few tournies. All it takes is one person to sponsor you and pay at least part of your way and boom! You're a "pro" because someone is willing to pay you to play pool... like Shanelle who is a C player at best, but still a "pro".

-B <---------- not a pro. Barely an amateur

Maybe you didn't know this but the level of pro between men and women is very different. A top 10 female pro isn't gonna cut it with the top 100 men in the long run. Same could be said for golf and tennis... I would hope you know this.

Emily is not an open player but I can say she's knocking on the door of A speed. I wasn't knocking Eric's game, I've only seen in 2-3 times, but I cannot see him giving Emily or Borana the 8ball and walking away winner. And I cannot see Jenn giving him the 8ball and him walking away winner. Nothing against him, just saying the girls don't just slam em into the rails.

D_Lewis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Emily. If you would like to try either Emily or Borana, let me know. Feel that breeze...? The window is open.

I've thought many times about trying them both. When did the career change happen from push-up master to pimp? Lol.

I was curious to see if you two were close. If Eric's statement about how Emily plays is correct, then you should be the one winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.