Seen one of the most awful things

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
I agree with 8 pack.. Story just doesn't ring true to me...

And it resulted in a fairly unknown AZ'er getting sent a cue?

Hmmm... P.T. Barnum would be proud. :grin-square:

Short Bus Russ - Non-sucker C player, despite rumors to the contrary...

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Terrible story but-

The cue has been shipped.

Hopefully delivery will be Monday or Tuesday.

Priority Mail

Happy Holidays to all!

Beautiful show of compassion and generosity:grin-square:

NINEBALLART

NINEBALLART
Silver Member
Years ago in San Diego there was an Italian restaurant with 2 bar tables in the back...About 1:00 a.m. I was in eating and my friend Gus was playing a guy for money..Next thing I know the guy busts the house cue over Gus's head from behind...The cue breaks in half and a piece lands on the table...Gus picks up the piece and begins beating the crap out of the guy with the piece...The guy runs out all bloody...At the time I thought it was funny...Hits Gus from behind but winds up getting beat up with the stick he used...:bash: :lmao:

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
the story is very suspect, i searched a dozen or so people search sites for "walter nevels" and none popped up in kentucky or anywhere in the midwest

if the story had taken place in iowa i would be more inclined to believe it, my 1st night out there i saw a female get hit in the face by a man on the busiest street in town nonetheless and the guy was never even arrested, people from kentucky are very proud old school types and don't put up w much bs especially if a kid was involved, i just couldn't see this happening there

Colormegone2002

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I live in Ky on the opposite side and its not uncommon for a parent to drop their teenager
off in a pool hall or most anywhere else where a kid could hang out.Lots of parents
don't play pool but know the kid would be watched after...I know here they would be!
And around here if you broke most anyone's cue especially a kid,you'd get your a$$
kicked all the way down the street.
Maybe it just happened so fast that they were all stunned and when it finally
hit them how f'd up it was the guy was gone.
Great thing for poolguy to do for the kid invovled.Many good things will come your way sir.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
This story doesnt make any sense.

1.d and down tour?
2.14 years old...where's this kid's parents?It's night time rite.
3.only pays one place? what!
4.No one stop's him?
5.first won tour and this happen's...what's the odd's??

Not saying this didnt happen but dang it just doesnt add up.
Leave it to az to save the day...there's some good people on here.:smile:

Why does this always happen?

Who said anything about a tour? And who said it only payed one place. I said it was d player tournament. There is another large pool room that has and player tournament every Thursday. You act like it is uncommon. Give me a break guys. This gets a tad silly. Why is it that everyone has to be made out to be a liar.

As for not stopping him. I was handling the money when it happened. And it happened so quick. But trust me I would never make up a story like this.

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
As for the kids parents. We live in a very under privaliged area. It's very common for these kids to be dropped off or just walk to the pool room. Small town. This fella was from out of town. First time we have ever had a problem with anyone. And yes he had played in a few others. That's the name he gives us.

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Who said anything about a tour? And who said it only payed one place. I said it was d player tournament. There is another large pool room that has and player tournament every Thursday. You act like it is uncommon. Give me a break guys. This gets a tad silly. Why is it that everyone has to be made out to be a liar.

As for not stopping him. I was handling the money when it happened. And it happened so quick. But trust me I would never make up a story like this.

This happens cause pool players are just liars and are always up to no good.
When a pool site can turn a sad story into drama,no wonder why sponsors run
like hell. S--t we can't trust each other without some sort of doubt.
Still, its good on you for wanting to help the kid and nice of the other az'er to help
with his donation.
Were nothing without trust, and I believe your story 100%. I've seen some twightlight
Zone shit in poolhalls and this story fits right in.

BWColeman

BWC
Silver Member
Small bar toureys all over no ones ever heard of

I have played in countless little bar tournements over the years all over the US that had mabey 16 players on a good night and paid out mabey 75 dollars , most 50 to first , 25 to second.

And yes I have seen some dumb a--ses do some pretty low and dumb things over what amounts to not even drinking money for one night.

You will always have those whos ego is way bigger than thier game and sore loser's to boot.

I played a local tournement in a little beer joint in my home town about 15 years ago nothing big 10 dollar entry double elimination 8 ball
on bar boxes , the tourney had gotten up to about 25-30 players a week enough to start attracting some of the better players from Bigger towns in the area 3 or 4 around B speed mabey a lil better. 95% of the local players were D level or lower just bangers mostly who never played outside of a couple local beer joints.

The little Town I am from is about 2500 people and everybody knows everybody. So the TD calls me up and asked me to come play because there some outside talent showing up for the tournement. So I go and play and about 4 guys i knew from Beaumont who played about my speed were there and it gets down to me and one of the Non local players A guy i knew well and gambled with often named Chip Devillier. the TD pulls me to the side and says if you win i will pay out 75% to you in first and 25% to him in second which was standard. Then he said but if he beats you i am only gonna pay him 40% and you 20% and put the rest in next weeks tournement.

I called BS on The TD right there , I said why would you do that his answer he is not local we dont want these ringers coming in and winning our tournement. I was pissed .

I told the TD I noticed you been having this lil tourney for a few months and you never bothered calling me until outside talent started showing up. So i unscrewed my cue , forfieted the final and made sure Chip got paid the correct percentage , took my 60 dollars from my second place finish , and walked out never went back again to play in that tourney.

I was frigging embarrased at the actions of my home folks that time but goes to show the mentality of some folks Even in Texas

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

Who said anything about a tour?tournament And who said it only payed one place.Your quote....I tried to get ahold of the guy but he scatted when three of us came after him. He didn't stay long enough to get payed. The worst thing was that it only payed 75 bucks to the winner. He done it over nothing. I said it was d player tournament.I didnt say you said something else. There is another large pool room that has and player tournament every Thursday. You act like it is uncommon.Very uncommon for something like this to happen. Give me a break guys. This gets a tad silly. Why is it that everyone has to be made out to be a liar. No one called you a liar.

How does one consider someone a d player anyway?

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Two Sense...

Does anyone remember when they were fourteen years old? Do you remember when your son was fourteen years old? I only worry about this young man that is fourteen. What has happened will be in his mind for the rest of his life. I just hope he can still play and win without worrying about someone breaking another pool cue or worse.

About where his parents are or where his father is...well we live in a world where some fathers are no longer around. Some are in prison, some work second shift, and some are dead. Lots of single mothers out there raising kids by themselves. This was never even a thought when I read what happened.

And what I think about the guy that broke the pool cue and lost to a fourteen year old. I think he was embarrassed, angry, and was a bully. I would not want him arrested. Yes he might have problems, but lots of people do. What I would like to see is---he be a man, admit his mistake and apologize to Eric.

I believe all this happened so fast that everyone was in shock and didn't know how to react. Probably no one could believe what just happened.

I have no idea what kind of pool cue was broken. But I do know that glue is a wonderful thing and stronger than wood. The old pool cue can be glued back together and can still be a good cue. I've done this before and so has Proficient Billiards. Just go to Scot's website and check out some of the before and after pictures.

I just worry about a fourteen year old and his exciting night being ruined by a creep. I just hope he likes his new cue and he can move on without worry. :thumbup:

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member
How does one consider someone a d player anyway?

I guess it's common around here because we have one player in three counties that one would consider an A player. I say D player because they are still learning the mechanics and things. Very seldom is there a runout or anything in these tournaments.

As for paying one place, all I said was the guy freaked before he could get his money for second place. So I gave it to Eric

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Package is moving....

Tracking Number: 9114901123086481198448
in-transit

Expected Delivery Date: December 23, 2013

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:

Priority Mail 2-Day™

Features:

$50 insurance included
USPS Tracking™

Date & Time

Status of Item

December 21, 2013 , 6:10 pm

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

LEVITTOWN, PA 19057

December 20, 2013 , 4:05 pm

Dispatched to Sort Facility

ABBOTTSTOWN, PA 17301

December 20, 2013 , 4:02 pm

Acceptance

ABBOTTSTOWN, PA 17301

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I guess it's common around here because we have one player in three counties that one would consider an A player. I say D player because they are still learning the mechanics and things. Very seldom is there a runout or anything in these tournaments.

As for paying one place, all I said was the guy freaked before he could get his money for second place. So I gave it to Eric

I just dont get how you don't call the cops to report it.
Did his parents even get told about this?
And what really bugs me is how the owner doesn't take care of this .

Again, it just does'nt make any sense....Im easily confused.:smile:

warfdiesel

Getting Better
Silver Member

The parents know. And the room owner has made it known that the guy that done it isn't welcome there again. As well as the other rooms in the other areas. There is only one in somerset where I live and they know there as well.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I don't know what the police could of done.
It's not like the guy assulted a minor.

Guess it could of been assault on a pool cue.

He might of broke the pool cue, but it was an accident.
He was impaired by anger and humility. :p

I'd keep the police out of it. You wouldn't want the police to shut the place down for gambling or being a nuisance.

That would be bad publicity...14 year old wins money gambling in a pool hall then gets his pool cue broken by angry sore loser.:(

osama

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know what the police could of done.
It's not like the guy assulted a minor.

Guess it could of been assault on a pool cue.

He might of broke the pool cue, but it was an accident.
He was impaired by anger and humility. :p

I'd keep the police out of it. You wouldn't want the police to shut the place down for gambling or being a nuisance.

That would be bad publicity...14 year old wins money gambling in a pool hall then gets his pool cue broken by angry sore loser.:(

Very true, and just having a police car in front of the pool hall is a bad publicity. Again, it will be up to the kid and his parents to press charges. I don't think it will be worth it if it was me.

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
To prevent this

From happening again Eric. If you're in that situation and a guys letting it off that he's a douche bag and is probably gonna start something after the match.

As soon as you sink the final ball... Look him dead in the eyes and break your own cue over your knee :eek: and point the thing right at him.

Jk of course!