Seen one of the most awful things

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
I'll tell a short story here. The main characters were me when I was sixteen, a guy who was about twenty or twenty one, and a fourteen ball. We were playing 8-ball for $5 a game ($20-$25 back then). I won three games straight while he continually talked down to me and insulted me. I ignored this because I expected to keep winning but it was annoying me. After I won the fourth game he quit and said I wasn't getting any $5. The 14 ball landed HARD in the middle of his chest, he spent the next ten minutes flat on his back on the floor trying to breathe correctly, and his two friends decided to give me $5 which had something to do, I think, with their admiration for my grip technique on a house cue. Anyway, I and the $5 lived happily ever after.

Those were the days when no one thought or talked about the image of pool and no one ever heard of a pool league.

Reminds me of the time I went to the Park Place bar in Rockville Center, NY on Long Island in a bad snow storm. I played this ex heavyweight boxer (Crazy Charlie) 8 ball $10 a game. I broke ran the table the first game and he walked away back to the bar. I walked back to the bar and asked for my $10 and said, " try and get it". I had the cue in my had and hit him in the head with the butt as hard as I could. One problem...in those days in that area they only allowed breakaway cues in bars. The thing just shattered and he looked at me like, "that the best ya got?", before he started to swing at me. I ducked and then ran out the door. I guess it looked funny that night watching 5' 6" guy running in loafers in mJohnytore than a foot of snow in the middle of a major hwy with a 6' 2" 250 llb maniac chasing me yelling, 'I'll kill you ya SOB. Now those were the good old days.

BWColeman

BWC
Silver Member
Reminds me of the time I went to the Park Place bar in Rockville Center, NY on Long Island in a bad snow storm. I played this ex heavyweight boxer (Crazy Charlie) 8 ball $10 a game. I broke ran the table the first game and he walked away back to the bar. I walked back to the bar and asked for my $10 and said, " try and get it". I had the cue in my had and hit him in the head with the butt as hard as I could. One problem...in those days in that area they only allowed breakaway cues in bars. The thing just shattered and he looked at me like, "that the best ya got?", before he started to swing at me. I ducked and then ran out the door. I guess it looked funny that night watching 5' 6" guy running in loafers in mJohnytore than a foot of snow in the middle of a major hwy with a 6' 2" 250 llb maniac chasing me yelling, 'I'll kill you ya SOB. Now those were the good old days.

I was playing 8 ball on a bar box one night in this club in Beaumont Texas must have been about 1986 was playing for $5 a game and i am up a couple of games. My best friend who is standing at the bar and talking to this big Cow Boy. I am getting down to shoot and this big Cow boy walks up and i as i raised up he hit me so hard i swear i could hear bells ringing , he back up and i am still seeing stars but getting my wits about a rared back with my cue to hit him and he backs off saying sorry not looking for trouble , by now i am as mad as a wet hen , and the bouncers throw us all out , In the parking llot i am ready to fight looking for the guy and i see my best friend talking to him and see him pass some Money to my friend , I am standing there wondering what the hell is happening , and up bops my best friend grinning from ear to ear , He said " I bet that big SOB $200 he could'nt knock you out with one lick" needless to say me and him had a pretty serious discussion about his betting habits. We are still best friends to this day but he dont know how close he came to losing that bet , damn i have never been hit that hard in my life , Glad i goot a thick skull

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone who will assault someone over $10 probably needs to reconsider where (and with whom) they play pool.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
the story is very suspect, i searched a dozen or so people search sites for "walter nevels" and none popped up in kentucky or anywhere in the midwest

if the story had taken place in iowa i would be more inclined to believe it, my 1st night out there i saw a female get hit in the face by a man on the busiest street in town nonetheless and the guy was never even arrested, people from kentucky are very proud old school types and don't put up w much bs especially if a kid was involved, i just couldn't see this happening there

Yeah, we Iowans are a dirty bunch, beating up ol' ladies and kids....those are our specialties, for sure.

And the handicapped....we love pushing folks out of their wheelchairs and throwing the chair on the roof.

Iowans are asswipes because we live here....unlike the Jacksonians down yer way.

In all my years of playing pool in Iowa, I've never seen anyone break a cue over a head. I saw a guy get mad after a loss and just about broke his cue in half. He stopped just short of that, got a funny look on his face, went over to the house cue rack, grabbed an old cue, then broke that one over his knee.

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
I just dont get how you don't call the cops to report it.
Did his parents even get told about this?
And what really bugs me is how the owner doesn't take care of this .

Again, it just does'nt make any sense....Im easily confused.:smile:

What could the cops do to help?

Jeff Livingston

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Weird, YOU are turning a thread into a political lecture??? Never would have guessed.

How is that political? It's just common sense.

It is a jerk reacting to a loss inside a pool hall. If the cops were called everytime that happened, they'd have to move the Police station next door to the pool hall.

Actually, I was advocating the avoidance of politics here. Come to think of it, that's what I do in the political threads, too.

Jeff Livingston

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The parents know. And the room owner has made it known that the guy that done it isn't welcome there again. As well as the other rooms in the other areas. There is only one in somerset where I live and they know there as well.

How long have you been referring to your cue stick as a 'player'? Aren't you the player?

What's up with the photo of a woman with a big butt? Is that how you want to represent yourself, particularly in a thread about a 14 year old child? Do you think his parents may be reading this and looking at your photo? Do you think the child may be reading this and looking at your photo?

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

Jeff Livingston

What the guy did was a criminal act.Not only is he responsible for his act so is the owner of the place.How the heck anyone lets this guy leave is just wrong.

I have several friends that own establishments and I guarantee not only would this not of happened but your ass wouldn't of got close to the door if it did.:wink:

You need told??:confused:

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
What the guy did was a criminal act.Not only is he responsible for his act so is the owner of the place.How the heck anyone lets this guy leave is just wrong.

I have several friends that own establishments and I guarantee not only would this not of happened but your ass wouldn't of got close to the door if it did.:wink:

You need told??:confused:

I'm not going to turn this thread into an anti-cop thread, but my question still stands as a valid one, imho.

Thanks for your answer.

Jeff Livingston

arps

tirador (ng pansit)
Silver Member
I tried to get ahold of the guy but he scatted when three of us came after him. He didn't stay long enough to get payed. The worst thing was that it only payed 75 bucks to the winner. He done it over nothing.

i was waiting for the part when someone smacks this douche in the stomach and make him pay for the stick he broke.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I'm not going to turn this thread into an anti-cop thread, but my question still stands as a valid one, imho.

Thanks for your answer.

Jeff Livingston

Criminal damage to property. That's what they could do. That is much wiser than folks finding him and giving him the arse kicking of his life, even though, he really, really prolly needs one, cause it appears he has not had one in a very long time.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jeff Livingston
1. Pull him over, run him for wants and warrants, run a sobriety test on him, if he fails take him to jail, do time, post bond, go to court, pay a fine, etc.

2. Find out his name and address so the people whose property he destroyed can be reimbursed via civil court instead of complaining about it on the internet and so other pool hall owners know who to ban from their place.

If you let a bum like that just walk away he will continue to act the same.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
How long have you been referring to your cue stick as a 'player'? Aren't you the player?

What's up with the photo of a woman with a big butt? Is that how you want to represent yourself, particularly in a thread about a 14 year old child? Do you think his parents may be reading this and looking at your photo? Do you think the child may be reading this and looking at your photo?

hi Fran;

I regularly hear cues that people play with referred to as their player.

a few reasons/definitions are:

they may have more than one cue as in the case of collectors, for instance, and this term distinguishes which cue they play with.

Also, I've heard the term player used describing a cue with a lot of use on it, one that may have some battle scars.

Finally, when selling, I know many will use the term player when referring to a cue that is not fancy, the inference being it was made to play, not look pretty.

regarding warfdiesels avatar, and I think I may already know the answer, but are you offended more because it's a scantily clad female pictured or because her behind appears disproportionately big?

happy holidays.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
Cops wouldn't do shit. they certainly won't arrest him.

I don't know what the police could of done.
It's not like the guy assulted a minor.

Guess it could of been assault on a pool cue.

He might of broke the pool cue, but it was an accident.
He was impaired by anger and humility. :p

I'd keep the police out of it. You wouldn't want the police to shut the place down for gambling or being a nuisance.

That would be bad publicity...14 year old wins money gambling in a pool hall then gets his pool cue broken by angry sore loser.:(

It's destruction of property or at worst, criminal mischief which in this case is probably a class b misdemeanor. Which means I doubt cops would even bother to arrest him. They might, if you twist their arm, write up a report so you could sue him in court. It's not likely that that would do any good either.

What he needs is to get the shit kicked out of him so he has something to stop and think about when he starts to lose his temper next time. God we've become so pussy whipped.

Jaden

Johnson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, we Iowans are a dirty bunch, beating up ol' ladies and kids....those are our specialties, for sure.

And the handicapped....we love pushing folks out of their wheelchairs and throwing the chair on the roof.

Iowans are asswipes because we live here....unlike the Jacksonians down yer way.

In all my years of playing pool in Iowa, I've never seen anyone break a cue over a head. I saw a guy get mad after a loss and just about broke his cue in half. He stopped just short of that, got a funny look on his face, went over to the house cue rack, grabbed an old cue, then broke that one over his knee.

Jeff Livingston

my 1st night in iowa the family goes out to eat @ a restaurant late @ night and on our way in see a woman get hit in the face and while in their a guy spits on the floor, 2 things i'd never seen b4 or since

ignomirello

Tony IGGY
Silver Member
What a shame

I also agree that the guys name should be given up.

If you aren't part of the solution - you might be part of the problem.

No self-respecting business of mine would EVER allow him to enter the door again.

Give up the name!

Mark Griffin

WOW !!! What a shame I feel so sorry for this young man.
Just think His first EVER Tournament win only to be
taken away by that IDIOT poor loser.
But I really think the Police should have been called.
My advice would be to stay away from any physical confrontation.
Because if something happens to the idiot like he gets the worst end of the confrontation
you can be arrested for aggravated assault even if you are defending yourself.
Please understand life is not always fair & in most cases of law you are Guilty until proven innocent.
So just think that if you stepped in & the idiot gets beat up because of his mouth,
Throwing the first punch, or even hitting you a couple of times
& you put him in his place & he goes to the hospital you will go to jail.
Sure it might wash out in the court room but you might lose your job first.
Then you could be fighting this in court without getting paid.
So please just call the Police & stay out of it.

By the way Mark the radio interview was very informational :)