Crazy big money action at DCC last night

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
he almost never moved the 9 off the rail the rule was if the 9 was moved off the rail on a foul it was moved back to rail he almost always played 2 rail bank shape on the 9 i guess the idea was if he missed he could stick the cue ball on the rail and leave him long
dippy dave said john has been playing this game for 30 years lol it looked like too he knew all the moves

So could John even foul on the 9 and have it moved back to the end rail position?

Really interesting game. This guy must really be able to play because I would think that Dennis could just out move him in the early stages of each rack and move the 9 down table.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nick played in the banks and one pocket. He also played some partners 1-pkt Sunday night against Chris G and Billy I for a couple dimes per man. I'm not sure who Nick's partner was...tall bald gentleman who played lights out (also playing in the tournaments).

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

I saw a pic of Nick Schulman at the DCC. Did he play any?? I heard he's a very good player. Anyone know?

Last edited:

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So could John even foul on the 9 and have it moved back to the end rail position?

Really interesting game. This guy must really be able to play because I would think that Dennis could just out move him in the early stages of each rack and move the 9 down table.

how can dennis move the 9 down table ? john could run out and play shape on the 9 but dennis was stuck trying to bank almost every game

they guy played this game jam up when it came down to last ball like 1 ball 1 pocket
but cross corners john just out moved dennis you could tell he really knew the game

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
how can dennis move the 9 down table ? john could run out and play shape on the 9 but dennis was stuck trying to bank almost every game

they guy played this game jam up when it came down to last ball like 1 ball 1 pocket
but cross corners john just out moved dennis you could tell he really knew the game

By combo'ing a ball into the nine and playing safe behind a different ball early in the rack.

If he was constantly getting into a 1 ball - 1 pocket game then I'm not surprised he lost.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I find shocking is:
-2 poker players mentioned here Hennigan and Schulman are not even top tier elite poker players (they won some WSOP bracelets but no main event win) and their earnings are already around $7 million
-Hennigan, a part time pool player (ex- pro player) can play with pool's top elite full time player albeit getting some weight

The rich millionaires from other sports (think poker, snooker) can come try steal lunch from pool players. Lose they lose peanuts but when pool player like Dennis lose $30K that is probably most of his prizemoney for all the DCC events he wins :D
Really sad state of pool. Heck I will go be a poker player

rossaroni

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What I find shocking is:
-2 poker players mentioned here Hennigan and Schulman are not even top tier elite poker players (they won some WSOP bracelets but no main event win) and their earnings are already around $7 million
-Hennigan, a part time pool player (ex- pro player) can play with pool's top elite full time player albeit getting some weight

The rich millionaires from other sports (think poker, snooker) can come try steal lunch from pool players. Lose they lose peanuts but when pool player like Dennis lose $30K that is probably most of his prizemoney for all the DCC events he wins :D

I believe that Hennigan is considered an elite poker player. Also, I highly doubt Dennis put up his own money. What if Dennis was being backed by a billionaire....would the poker players have the right to say the same thing as you are saying?

he almost never moved the 9 off the rail the rule was if the 9 was moved off the rail on a foul it was moved back to rail he almost always played 2 rail bank shape on the 9 i guess the idea was if he missed he could stick the cue ball on the rail and leave him long
dippy dave said john has been playing this game for 30 years lol it looked like too he knew all the moves

9 froze to end rail is pretty easy to spin in from most of the table. Good to hear of action still happening. Pool needs it.

hustler4483

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not top poker players!

What I find shocking is:

You don't have to win the main event to be a top pro, winning a bracelet in the other events says quite a lot. Do you know how many people play in the main event these days????

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
What I find shocking is:

I wouldn't go feeling bad for Dennis, I'm sure he was getting staked or at the most only had a piece of himself. If he did have all of himself why would you feel bad for him, he's the one who put it in play.... All is fair in love and war.

wilichichi

Registered
Just because you have no main event win in poker doesn't make you an average poker player. Hennigan and Schulman play in some of the biggest cash games in Vegas.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
By combo'ing a ball into the nine and playing safe behind a different ball early in the rack.

If he was constantly getting into a 1 ball - 1 pocket game then I'm not surprised he lost.
He would have be able to play shape for a combo that he can move a froze ball down table and have safe at the same time good luck with that... plus this guy can play he is former pro and he runs out lol

John ran out and played shape on the 9 and won games
they played 1 ball 1 pocket every game Dennis tryed to bank the nine and missed which was most of his run outs i think he banked the 9 two games and made it