Crazy big money action at DCC last night

how can dennis move the 9 down table ? john could run out and play shape on the 9 but dennis was stuck trying to bank almost every game

they guy played this game jam up when it came down to last ball like 1 ball 1 pocket
but cross corners john just out moved dennis you could tell he really knew the game
Watching the Dominicans play 1 pocket 1 hole taught me to never play somebody else's game. There's things going on you can't easily counter.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have to win the main event to be a top pro, winning a bracelet in the other events says quite a lot. Do you know how many people play in the main event these days????

The recent main events had 6000+ Won't be long if they have fields of 10,000+
For sure the chances of a pro poker player winner WSOP Main event is much much harder than a pro pool player winning World championship
You could win a few WSOP bracelets and not need to win Main event and still make millions. Wow wow :D

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't have to win the main event to be a top pro, winning a bracelet in the other events says quite a lot. Do you know how many people play in the main event these days????
Daniel Negreanu and Gavin Smith have stated in interviews that they consider Hennigan to be the best player they have faced that sounds pretty elite to me lol

theluckfactor

all in the presentation
Silver Member
Wow, good for him. As soon as you guys said his nickname it was like I splashed in the face with some cold milk.

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
He would have be able to play shape for a combo that he can move a froze ball down table and have safe at the same time good luck with that... plus this guy can play he is former pro and he runs out lol

John ran out and played shape on the 9 and won games
they played 1 ball 1 pocket every game Dennis tryed to bank the nine and missed which was most of his run outs i think he banked the 9 two games and made it

Terry, just to be clear:

1) Every time the 9 was moved during a foul (by either player), it was automatically replaced to the bottom center rail? What if the 9 wasn't moved during the foul, but happened to be off the rail?

2) Were you allowed to move the 9 ball via a push-out after the break?

3) Was it winner or alternate break?

4) Was the 10 ball the only ball removed after the break?

thanks for the clarification.

...also, it would be very cool if Ray could re-broadcast this game.

Last edited:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pro Poker player wins this

usd-1_million_dollars-1,000,000_USD.jpg

Pro Pool player wins this

usd-10000_dollars-10,000_USD.jpg

:D

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He would have be able to play shape for a combo that he can move a froze ball down table and have safe at the same time good luck with that... plus this guy can play he is former pro and he runs out lol

John ran out and played shape on the 9 and won games
they played 1 ball 1 pocket every game Dennis tryed to bank the nine and missed which was most of his run outs i think he banked the 9 two games and made it

If the guy really plays that well it sounds like he would have been a serious favorite with the game spot.

It just seems like the only way for Dennis to win that game would be to jockey for position in the early portions of each rack. Playing the one ball down table near the 9 while playing safe. John's counter move would be to either pocket the one or send it back to the head of the table. I can see how Dennis would be at a serious disadvantage because John could always go for the out and Dennis really couldn't until he managed to move the nine down table.

Just playing this out in my head....

Thanks for bringing it to our attention. Very interesting.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry, just to be clear:

1) Every time the 9 was moved during a foul (by either player), it was automatically replaced to the bottom center rail? What if the 9 wasn't moved during the foul, but happened to be off the rail?

2) Were you allowed to move the 9 ball via a push-out after the break?

3) Was it winner or alternate break?

4) Was the 10 ball the only ball removed after the break?

thanks for the clarification.

...also, it would be very cool if Ray could re-broadcast this game.[/QUOTE

1 Yes if the 9 ball was moved on a foul it was moved back, when it came down to only 9 ball and Dennis had the ball close to his pocket or hanging in his pocket John could not take a foul and move it back... but once the 9 was moved on a legal hit it stayed where it landed

2 NO you could not move the 9 on a push if you did it was moved back

3 Loser breaks

4 Yes 10 only ball removed after each break

Last edited:

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John "Cornflakes" Hennigan is called Johnny World by the poker community. Its because he is fearless and will bet on anything in this world. If you think he is not in the poker elite you dont know anything about poker. Ask the name poker players if they like their end playing Johnny World in a cash game. John has won tournaments in all kinds of mixed games which is the more difficult than just Texas Hold em. John has won big cash in 7 stud, Omaha, 2-7 triple draw, Heads Up, etc etc besides Hold em. He is not only a great player but a solid guy. I learned a lot from him.
I told him once Efren was coming into town and going to be at our home room and taking on some local talent. John came down by himself. He took out his stick and offered Efren a game of one ball. Efren gets one pocket John gets the other with the side pocket. Efren said no. Then John turned it around and said OK Efren you get the reverse. I get one pocket and you get the other and the side but I get odds on the money. Efren surrounded by the Filipino contingent shook his head and said no.
John just turned around and walked out.
The key to John is he has no fear and has a great sense of Money Management and he knows himself well. He is in a league of a few.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yes 1st was 10k set went hill hill and they backed the score back 0-0 and jacked the bet to 30k and restarted

john wanted to bet 50k

this guy has like 7 million in poker winnings this kind of money is nothing to guys like him lol

7 millions in winnings and having it are alot different. I know plenty of poker pros with millions in tournament winnings that can't buy an ice cream. You think how's that possible. Well the same way those NBA guys that make 50 and 100 million go broke

Eric.

Club a member
Silver Member
Back pocket 9 ball is his top game. Played a lot in Philly where John is from.

True, Keone, but I think this game is more like 1 ball/1 pocket. Both are trying to move the 9 ball towards their pocket first. And, if you get the 9 ball close to your hole, your opponent is gonna knock it away from your pocket.

Obviously, the catch is that if both players are playing run out Pool, Orcullo will mostly be banking for the win and Flakes will cut most of his 9 balls in.

Eric

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
Don't F With The Pinoys --- unless you are a fearless, super smart poker player that can draw their ball.

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John is smarter then all these young players. Not to many of them have much wits in the matching up department. They lack that real bad. They shoot straight, but get themselves trapped all the time. This guys been gambling at pool longer then Dennis, of course he knows all the ins and outs

But pool players are suckers thinking they can make every score, not noticing they are the ones that are more then likely to be sheered

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't ever play another man's game. I'm kind of surprised Orcullo went for this.