New Problem On AZ RE: Picture Posting Size

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
In the last approx couple of weeks there has been a new problem with posting pics on az.

Pictures that used to post with no problems could be in the neighborhood of 100kb in size and be fine. Now, you need to be exactly 100kb or less otherwise no go.

bigger problems in the world, I know, but this is pretty dog gone inconvenient.

anyone else notice this recent change?

or better yet, have a getaround that doesn't require boing back and forth in and out of photo programs to trim down to post?

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the last approx couple of weeks there has been a new problem posting pics on az.

Pictures that used to post with no problems could be in the neighborhood of 100mb in size and be fine. Now, you need to be exactly 100mb or less otherwise no go.

or better yet, have a getaround that doesn't require boing back and forth in and out of photo programs to trim down to post?

best,
brian kc

I have noticed.

I can tell you it has stopped me from posting two cues in the gallery in the past few days.

I am on here while I am working, so I am multitasking, and I generally don't have much time to deal with "workarounds", so I didn't try anything.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I have noticed.

I can tell you it has stopped me from posting two cues in the gallery in the past few days.

I am on here while I am working, so I am multitasking, and I generally don't have much time to deal with "workarounds", so I didn't try anything.

exactly, doc.

I have given up on posting 3 or 4 times recently because I don't want to spend the extra time and I'm not enamored with downsizing pics I have saved in my library.

Wish the Admins would put it back where it was, if poss.

thx,
brian kc

RADAR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
me too! got in new cue share. guess will not happen. cant even download my old pics from before posted on az!

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
I use
http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm

which is free, and you can make photo's smaller just by opening and then doing "save as" and sliding the quality slider bar down. Doesn't really make a big difference in the viewable image, but does make it considerably smaller in size. Takes about 30 seconds.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
I use
http://photofiltre.free.fr/download_en.htm

which is free, and you can make photo's smaller just by opening and then doing "save as" and sliding the quality slider bar down. Doesn't really make a big difference in the viewable image, but does make it considerably smaller in size. Takes about 30 seconds.

but if you have an entire library of pool related items incl cues it is an extra step, or lots of extra steps to move to a new service and then some pics I would hate to alter the quality.

the way we had it here until very recently was great.

why not keep that?

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
Yep, I've noticed. On Windows, I used to be able to post four pictures that were Large Document size.

Now, no Large Document size seems to be allowed. Small Document seems to be the biggest you can post. And I'm not sure how many.

Maybe a lack of bandwidth? I thought that was a problem of the 90s...... ???

All the best,
WW

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
but if you have an entire library of pool related items incl cues it is an extra step, or lots of extra steps to move to a new service and then some pics I would hate to alter the quality.

the way we had it here until very recently was great.

why not keep that?

Why not pm Mike and ask him?

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I am trying to figure out this issue today. I upgraded PHP on the server a couple weeks ago, and I suspect that is the problem.

Just so that I understand the problem completely, it is on images that are just a little over 100K that it was still allowing it and resizing on this end?

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Over 100k you get this

"Your file of 115.3 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 100.0 KB for this filetype."

That was for a jpg file type.

desi2960

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
me too

Last couple cues I tried to list for sale, I had problems putting up photos, so I just sold them on facebook. I love azb but it seems like they keep changing things to make more of a pain in the ass for members to use. I'm on here less and less.

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to figure out this issue today. I upgraded PHP on the server a couple weeks ago, and I suspect that is the problem.

Just so that I understand the problem completely, it is on images that are just a little over 100K that it was still allowing it and resizing on this end?

And in the past it was allowing it on files that were just a little over?

Mike

I used to be able to attach pictures via my phone without having to resize them first. Pics run around 700kb and I believe were resized server side during upload. Now, not the case anymore.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member
In the last approx couple of weeks there has been a new problem with posting pics on az.

Pictures that used to post with no problems could be in the neighborhood of 100kb in size and be fine. Now, you need to be exactly 100kb or less otherwise no go.

best,
brian kc

click here for a work around

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5274663&postcount=22

hope this helped!!!

Kd

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
exactly, doc.

I have given up on posting 3 or 4 times recently because I don't want to spend the extra time and I'm not enamored with downsizing pics I have saved in my library.

Wish the Admins would put it back where it was, if poss.

thx,
brian kc

I am no longer able to post my Ferrari pic as my avatar.
Why, then, am I paying for Gold Membership ? :confused::confused::confused: