The BeCue System - Carbon Composite Cue - Interview with the Cue Makers

What I want more then anything (in regards to this cue) is a video of a capable pool player (someone at least A level) shooting with the cue and his/her honest opinion in a detailed review from that person.

With that being said, I'm definitely not in the market for this cue (or a cue in general), I'm more curious then anything.

I thought the Revo was a bit ridiculous when I first saw it, then I tried it and I beleive the hype. It's worth every penny, but like this cue it's just not for me.

It's nice to see the creators of the cue posting here and taking questions. That is a great start to the marketing of this (or any pool related item in general) and I wish them the best.

I was thinking the same thing. A video of a good pool player (A level, or at least strong B level, like me for example, lol) shooting with the cue, and giving their honest opinion of what they think of the hit, balance, and anything else that they can think to say about the cue. Or, just take your prototype cues to the pool cue conventions, and allow the players to test them out, and give their feedback about them on the spot. Then the word will get around about how they hit.

Not sure if I qualify as A Level player (what is A-level exactly? does national champion qualify as A-level?) but once I get my Becue I will record short practice session and will post it on youtube for you to judge ;)

I guess there are different opinions about what A level means, but I think that a player who can consistently beat the 9 ball ghost (more times then not) should be considered A level (in 9 ball that is). An A level player might also be a player who can play all of the games (like 8 ball, 9 ball, 1 pocket, banks, and 14.1) at a very strong and consistent level. I guess it is all based on opinion. If you asked me what level I thought of myself, I would say that I am a pretty solid B level player, playing 9 or 10 ball, but at all other games, much weaker, so maybe only an all around C player (if you scored my overall playing ability with all of the major games of pool). I think that a solid B level player could give a decent review of any cue though. Does not need to be a solid A level player.

spidermik

Registered
Players may try the cue out without chalking the tip (in order to get a feel for the cue and how it hits to them), so will you be offering a full refund of the cue is returned to you unchalked (and in the same new condition that it was shipped out in)?

Hi justinb386, thanks for your question, we would be very tempted to do what you ask, we have talked a lot in our company about this, because we are sure about the cue and we understand that try is the best way before buy.

But we can not do it, it would be unfair to the first bidders and to the spirit of kickstarter.

We told our story as it is, we have shown how the product is made and what it can offer, we are here to answer to all question, and we said what will do in the coming months:
- output of a break cue
- output of a Jump
- probable involvement of a world-class player from February-March 2017 (we are discussing with him)
- presence at next SBE.

If that is not enough to help us to reach the goal of 20.000 on kickstarter, we respect this choice from the players and we can understand it.
We can say that even in case of success failure of the campaign on kickstarter (we are now at 12,600 on 20,000 and there are less than three days), we will give anyway a chance to those who have made the offer, to have the cue at the same price of kickstarter, if they want of curse.

However, we are satisfied because most of the bidders has already informed us they want the cue anyway, and for us this is a great satisfaction.

To everyone else we can say thanks for everything, thanks for your interest, support, criticism, the exchange of opinions, strange requests, friendship and above all the enthusiasm! We are sure that in the coming months you will have the chance to try the cue because we are working hard and we are talking with many dealers and we hope that you will regret not having bought it now at this price...:wink:

It was for us an hard and exhausting promotional campaign, but we learned a lot from everyone involved, met great people and players of all levels and experience! We have new friends and a good number of new customers that allows us to look to the future with satisfaction.
Now we remain focused for the last few hours on kickstarter campaign, we are sure that there are still players who wish to support us and do not miss this chance. And I hope justin386 that you'll be one of them.

C’mon guys we need your support!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/becues/becue-the-best-technology-applied-to-pool-cues?ref=nav_search

Yes, the last sentence is a blatant advertisement ... lol :D:D:D

Seriously, thanks for everything guys!

Hi justinb386, thanks for your question, we would be very tempted to do what you ask, we have talked a lot in our company about this, because we are sure about the cue and we understand that try is the best way before buy.

But we can not do it, it would be unfair to the first bidders and to the spirit of kickstarter.

We told our story as it is, we have shown how the product is made and what it can offer, we are here to answer to all question, and we said what will do in the coming months:
- output of a break cue
- output of a Jump
- probable involvement of a world-class player from February-March 2017 (we are discussing with him)
- presence at next SBE.

If that is not enough to help us to reach the goal of 20.000 on kickstarter, we respect this choice from the players and we can understand it.
We can say that even in case of success failure of the campaign on kickstarter (we are now at 12,600 on 20,000 and there are less than three days), we will give anyway a chance to those who have made the offer, to have the cue at the same price of kickstarter, if they want of curse.

However, we are satisfied because most of the bidders has already informed us they want the cue anyway, and for us this is a great satisfaction.

To everyone else we can say thanks for everything, thanks for your interest, support, criticism, the exchange of opinions, strange requests, friendship and above all the enthusiasm! We are sure that in the coming months you will have the chance to try the cue because we are working hard and we are talking with many dealers and we hope that you will regret not having bought it now at this price...:wink:

It was for us an hard and exhausting promotional campaign, but we learned a lot from everyone involved, met great people and players of all levels and experience! We have new friends and a good number of new customers that allows us to look to the future with satisfaction.
Now we remain focused for the last few hours on kickstarter campaign, we are sure that there are still players who wish to support us and do not miss this chance. And I hope justin386 that you'll be one of them.

C’mon guys we need your support!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/becues/becue-the-best-technology-applied-to-pool-cues?ref=nav_search

Yes, the last sentence is a blatant advertisement ... lol :D:D:D

Seriously, thanks for everything guys!

Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but I am curious where the line of cues will be made? Are they made locally where you are from?

Fuji-whopper

Fargo: 457...play some?
Silver Member
Pledge E500 and get the cue for 450 less than the retail of E950. Pledge E600 and get the cue for 350 less than the retail of E950.

What about that is confusing you?

I think I see what Croscoe is saying, I will try to break it down here:

Pledge 500, you get the cue for 500
Pledge 600, you get the cue for 600

Why on Earth would you pledge more when you can pledge less and get a cue? Unless I'm reading it wrong too, which could totally be the case.

Neil

PS: the word pledge sounds funny now and has lost all meaning, ha ha.

spidermik

Registered
Sorry if I missed it somewhere, but I am curious where the line of cues will be made? Are they made locally where you are from?

Yes the cue are made now and in the future 100% in Italy (exclusion for the tip). We are form a city, called Pordenone, near Venice.
Thanks

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to the guys at BeCue!
With 9 hours remaining in the Kickstarter campaign, they broke the $20,000 point with 38 backers from 8 different countries.

Total investment funds reached so far $23,317 (21,220 Euro)
With that BeCue is a go for production and it wouldn't be possible without those here on AZ that joined up and got behind this company.

When this thread was created last week the BeCue Kickstarter campaign had 24 backers and under $10K in pledges.

Well done to the AZ forum for giving that needed boost to get over the finish line!

Still 9 hours and $549 early bird cue specials left if anyone is interested - the cues are getting made and shipping in January.

Last edited:

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
With 9 hours remaining in the Kickstarter campaign, they broke the $20,000 point with 38 backers from 8 different countries.

With that BeCue is a go for production and it wouldn't be possible without those here on AZ that joined up and got behind this company.

When this thread was created last week the BeCue Kickstarter campaign had 24 backers and under $10K in pledges.

Well done to the AZ forum for giving that needed boost to get over the finish line!

Still 9 hours and $549 early bird cue specials left if anyone is interested - the cues are getting made and shipping in January.

Good to hear. Don't have funds to join now, but hopefully they will get to SBE so I can try it out. Wasn't thrilled with the diameter on the revo, so definitely interested in the thin diameter of this cue.

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thats just awesome!!! "We" made it :D Time to celebrate! :D:D:D

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congrats to BeCues for reaching their 20k :thumbup:

May we get to see some photos from the factory some time? I'd be interested to see what it takes to manufacture a high tech cue like this :eek:

spidermik

Registered
It's amazing! Thanks to everyone for the support!

We are already producing the cues to try to send before than we said!

If there is any latecomer, you still have 7 hours to join us!

Just to click HERE! :wink::wink::wink:

Jawzcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Transparency Please

Spidermik,

I had an Italian friend of mine look up the patent numbers you provided. At first glance things looked in order, but then I re-examined the timeline on your kick starter page as I was going to become a backer. It clearly says June 2016 Patents Application. In reviewing the Italian patents you provided - they were filed Nov 30, 2016. This may seem like no big deal to some people, but I believe in transparency and I wouldn’t want to see any of my fellow AZB members taken for a ride.

AZB Family - you’ve been warned, I advise to wait on this, just my two cents - but too many unsubstantiated claims for my wallet to take the risk.

Also there is a huge difference between applying for a patent and having one, these aren’t approved – they're just an application.

Last edited:

spidermik

Registered
Congrats to BeCues for reaching their 20k :thumbup:

May we get to see some photos from the factory some time? I'd be interested to see what it takes to manufacture a high tech cue like this :eek:

Yes sure! We are preparing a nice post about this! You will find it in a few days on our facebook page!

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
congrats on making your goal
i hope the becue is an advance in cue playability
question
what am i missing??
retail price of naked becue 950
invest 600 and get one for 650
ie spend 1250 for a 950 cue??

spidermik

Registered
Spidermik,

I had an Italian friend of mine look up the patent numbers you provided. At first glance things looked in order, but then I re-examined the timeline on your kick starter page as I was going to become a backer. It clearly says June 2016 Patents Application. In reviewing the Italian patents you provided - they were filed Nov 30, 2016. This may seem like no big deal to some people, but I believe in transparency and I wouldn’t want to see any of my fellow AZB members taken for a ride.

AZB Family - you’ve been warned, I advise to wait on this, just my two cents - but too many unsubstantiated claims for my wallet to take the risk.

Also there is a huge difference between applying for a patent and having one, these aren’t approved – they're just an application.

Thanks for your post Jawzcue, you're right, in the photo of the timeline it was written patent application, it may seem incorrect. It would be more correct to write: "a patent presentation", if there was error was made in good faith.

Ours is a company that has never hidden anything. As you can see in all the pictures that describe the AURORA system and LEONARDO, appears the written patent pending! I'm talking about photos on the same page that you cited and placed before and much more in evidence. Also if we had to hide something, do you think we wrote our patent numbers?

And in addition, there is nowhere written approved patent, as indeed you wrote "Also there is a huge difference between applying for a patent and having one, these aren’t approved – they're just an application", In fact, in our timeline we write "application" not approved !!!!!!!!!!!

Very sorry to see that at the end of a long and arduous campaign, conducted with the utmost transparency someone tries to discredit us for a word translated ambiguously. When in the same page, before, in bold characters and repeated several times there is the correct translation.

However, we apologize with you Jawzcue, but when you write: "too many unsubstantiated claims...", you're writing something very far from the truth, something far from a word mistranslated.
Sorry for that.

Last edited:

spidermik

Registered
congrats on making your goal
i hope the becue is an advance in cue playability
question
what am i missing??
retail price of naked becue 950
invest 600 and get one for 650
ie spend 1250 for a 950 cue??

Thanks a lot BBB,

Retail price will be close to 950 for the naked, if you choose NAKED SUPER EARLY BIRD reward (500 €) on kickstarter you save 450 €,

Retail price will be close to 1250 for the Sneaky Pete, if you choose SNEAKY SUPER EARLY BIRD reward (650€) on kickstarter you save 600 €.

Jawzcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for your post Jawzcue, you're right, in the photo of the timeline it was written patent application, it may seem incorrect. It would be more correct to write: "a patent presentation", if there was error was made in good faith.

Ours is a company that has never hidden anything. As you can see in all the pictures that describe the AURORA system and LEONARDO, appears the written patent pending! I'm talking about photos on the same page that you cited and placed before and much more in evidence. Also if we had to hide something, do you think we wrote our patent numbers?

Very sorry to see that at the end of a long and arduous campaign, conducted with the utmost transparency someone tries to discredit us for a word translated incorrectly. When in the same page, before, in bold characters and repeated several times there is the correct translation.

However, we apologize with you Jawzcue, but when you write: "too many unsubstantiated claims...", you're writing something very far from the truth, something far from a word mistranslated.
Sorry for that.

This has nothing to do with a mistranslated word.

Doesn't this say "patented" or am I reading this incorrectly?

This would be just one example of an unsubstantiated claim, as you do not have a patent on this. Pending, waiting, maybe, kind of, sort of, are not the same as being awarded an actual patent in which the text on your website claims to have happened.

And what player(s) have conducted your tests? Testing what? When? How? You claim they (the internationally UNKNOWN players) have given their blessings to your product after completing tests. Prove it.

Also, what a tasteful shirt to attach the image of your company. Although curse words are used in emotional communication transfers, I do believe it to be in poor taste to be asking the masses here for money whilst having such fast and loose mindset.

P.S. I've not tried to discredit anything, just stating to you what myself and other people will look at when you make such requests. Perception is a heavyweight in this business and right now you have a lightweight influence on my wallet.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This has nothing to do with a mistranslated word.

Doesn't this say "patented" or am I reading this incorrectly?

This would be just one example of an unsubstantiated claim, as you do not have a patent on this. Pending, waiting, maybe, kind of, sort of, are not the same as being awarded an actual patent in which the text on your website claims to have happened.

And what player(s) have conducted your tests? Testing what? When? How? You claim they (the internationally UNKNOWN players) have given their blessings to your product after completing tests. Prove it.

Also, what a tasteful shirt to attach the image of your company. Although curse words are used in emotional communication transfers, I do believe it to be in poor taste to be asking the masses here for money whilst having such fast and loose mindset.

P.S. I've not tried to discredit anything, just stating to you what myself and other people will look at when you make such requests. Perception is a heavyweight in this business and right now you have a lightweight influence on my wallet.

So you are trying to argue semantics now? "Patented" vs "patent pending"?
The paperwork lines up - but should they wait for the Italian government six month lag in order to start the Kickstarter campaign?

Nice to try to rain on the parade here, but this is all about something positive for the industry - a little advancement if you will.

You spent a lot of time combing over pictures, posting, red circling and trying to play "gotch ya" while some of us are just enjoying pool and the innovation that folks like Alessandro bring to the table.

Bravo to them.

Jawzcue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So you are trying to argue semantics now? "Patented" vs "patent pending"?
The paperwork lines up - but should they wait for the Italian government six month lag in order to start the Kickstarter campaign?

Nice to try to rain on the parade here, but this is all about something positive for the industry - a little advancement if you will.

You spent a lot of time combing over pictures, posting, red circling and trying to play "gotch ya" while some of us are just enjoying pool and the innovation that folks like Alessandro bring to the table.

Bravo to them.

My original very polite request was for more transparency, as I stated before, it's my hard earned money and this is what I am asking in return. A very simple concept and nothing more. If I choose to point a few concerns out, so what?

I investigate when strange new companies show up with unsubstantiated claims, and ask for my money. If I had, no interest in the product whatsoever you may have something to run with. However I am interested in the product and would like more verifiable information. If this cannot be provided, it gets a thumbs down from me and I wouldn't advise anyone I speak to about it.

I support the notion of advancement, enough that I pay attention, close attention.

Bravo to me.

Last edited: