Guns and Cues, Show us your Piece

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Winchester 1892 Large-Loop in 44-magnum. For us Rifleman fans.

1892-02.jpg

1892-covered-02.jpg

Boy that is my kind of gun there. Real nice. Love the open sights and old school feel!
Must be fun to shoot!
Thnx for sharing!!!!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
All I can say is that we have a well armed population here. I've never really been "into" guns where I customize them and know all the technical stuff about them, but I do own more than a dozen hand guns and rifles at this time. I've always been prone to buy guns that are easy for me to handle, like .22's and .25's. As a young man I liked easily concealable weapons like my Browning .25 that looked like a pack of cigs in my back pocket. Somehow I always felt reassured that I had a way out just in case someone tried to rob me or hurt me. I'm not a big guy and I spent a lot of time in rough places back then, usually alone, and always gambling.

The largest caliber guns I own include a compact S&W .38 five shot revolver, which still takes two hands for me to aim and fire accurately. My favorite hand gun may be my Colt Pocket Lite .38 semi auto. Very small, very light and still quite powerful (at least for me it is). I have several cool .22 rifles; a short barrel Rossi Gallery gun (pump action), a Remington Nylon 66 which is lightweight, indestructible and holds many shells, and a short barrel Henry rifle which is also fun to shoot. My largest rifle is a .357 Winchester lever action which I prefer over the Model 94 30-30 I used to own. Once again, it's just easier for me to handle.

If I feel the need to carry something, I still go small. I have a .25 and a .32 Beretta and a tiny .22 LR North American Arms derringer. For me these are personal defense weapons only to be used in an emergency and not for a shoot out of any kind. They are a first strike weapon for a close quarter encounter. Hopefully I will never have to use any of them. I've been fortunate in my life to never have to shoot anyone and only had two occasions to ever brandish a gun (both times averting a robbery attempt).

P.S. Everything stays in a safe except for one gun that I keep near my bed at night. It also gets put away in my small hand gun safe in the day time.

P.P.S. In the Army I was rated a Sharpshooter with my M-14 rifle, a very under rated weapon. It was reliable and accurate up to 300 yards with just the barrel sights. I can still hit a 5" circle from thirty feet with my Ruger .22 "pony" revolver, standing up with my arm extended. I can shoot it with one hand too! :)

Last edited:

West Point 1987

On the Hill, Out of Gas
Silver Member
I've got a Henry Big Boy in .44 magnum...it pairs well with my Smith and Wesson M29-2, 6.5 inch. :wink: I love lever guns, M1911 Colts and Smith and Wesson wheel guns. Got a bunch of all the above, and yes, they're a hoot to shoot. I whip out my M29 at the range and when it barks, the whole line goes quiet and all heads turn to see what the hell just happened.:grin: Especially with 240 grain lead gas checks, moving about 2100 fps...

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the Springfield Mod2 subcompact 9 and love it as my EDC - generally using the smaller mag which gives 13 +1 capacity. Also have the 5" tactical which is pretty sweet and really a range toy. Both shoot really well.

I just bought the S&W Shield chambered in 9mm as well. With the rebate offer I couldn't pass it up as I was looking for something a bit lighter for summer carry but sacrificing capacity at 7 or 8 +1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5b8906748bf063d707cf50513780298d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I have the Springfield Mod2 subcompact 9 and love it as my EDC - generally using the smaller mag which gives 13 +1 capacity. Also have the 5" tactical which is pretty sweet and really a range toy. Both shoot really well.

I just bought the S&W Shield chambered in 9mm as well. With the rebate offer I couldn't pass it up as I was looking for something a bit lighter for summer carry but sacrificing capacity at 7 or 8 +1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5b8906748bf063d707cf50513780298d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice. I have an old S&W 9mm also, but my brother is "borrowing" it. Lol.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This is kind of fun for you cowboy shooters. This was my wife's great grandfather's rifle. It's an 1892 Winchester Sporting Rifle made in 1901. It shoots a bullet known more for Colt pistols, the 38WCF also known as the .38-.40. It's a relatively slow (1300 fps) 40 caliber bullet, necked down from a .44. The bullet is heavy (180 grains) - fun to shoot with very little recoil, since the rifle is pretty heavy. I've got to say the lever action Winchester is very reliable and as smooth as glass. It would be difficult to improve on this rugged design.

Although I love guns and have 5 nice hunting rifles, I've never shot at anything except targets.

Attachments

• Winchester 1892 2a.JPG
    Winchester 1892 2a.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 562
  • Winchester 1892 1a.JPG
    Winchester 1892 1a.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 562
Last edited:

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Members Mark Gun Case

Just a little note to let anyone who might be interested. I picked up a Members Mark gun case at Sam's Club today for $69.99. 44"x16"x6"

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/44in-protective-case-member-s-mark/prod21231158.ip?xid=plp:product:1:1

Looks to be constructed exactly like my Pelican Case, in a side by side comparison, that costs over $200.00. So if any of you have the need or desire for another gun case and you are near a Sam's Club I think this might be worth a look.

Plus it does a really good job as a travel case for your cues.

Attachments

• IMG_5093.jpg
    IMG_5093.jpg
    182.9 KB · Views: 510
  • IMG_5094.jpg
    IMG_5094.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_5098.jpg
    IMG_5098.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 512
Last edited:

Roscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is a Marlin Octagon made in 1973. Less than 3000 made. Chambered in 44 rem mag. On my hip is a 1911, just in case. The 45 is an old Army model made in 1924. Only upgrade was a match ss barrel and a new bushing. Hog weighted in at just over 300lbs and was taken in Tennessee in 2014.

Me%20and%20hog%203.jpg

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
That is a Marlin Octagon made in 1973. Less than 3000 made. Chambered in 44 rem mag. On my hip is a 1911, just in case. The 45 is an old Army model made in 1924. Only upgrade was a match ss barrel and a new bushing. Hog weighted in at just over 300lbs and was taken in Tennessee in 2014.

12 year break in posting....hope you did a lot of hunting!

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just a little note to let anyone who might be interested. I picked up a Members Mark gun case at Sam's Club today for $69.99. 44"x16"x6"

Looks to be constructed exactly like my Pelican Case, in a side by side comparison, that costs over $200.00. So if any of you have the need or desire for another gun case and you are near a Sam's Club I think this might be worth a look.

Plus it does a really good job as a travel case for your cues.

Who made those pool cases , I likes them