Who is having a cue built in 2017? Post pictures once you recieve it.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Kevin;

very enjoyable thread. :thumbup:

I rec'd this one from Jeff Olney last month and did post it in the "Olney Cues" thread but figured it would be good here as well.

I had Jeff use blue abalone diamonds to pick up on the blue and purple veneer. Slightly different from his usual work and I've always loved tulipwood.

Jeff's work is superlative and she plays judt how I like, very stiff with the sharp <<ping>>. :cool:

best,
brian kc

Attachments

• Olney-Tulip-Abalone-full.jpg
    Olney-Tulip-Abalone-full.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 455
  • Olney-Tulip-Abalone-wrap-forward.jpg
    Olney-Tulip-Abalone-wrap-forward.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 456
  • Olney-Tulip-Abalone-wrap-back.jpg
    Olney-Tulip-Abalone-wrap-back.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 456
  • Olney-Tulip-Abalone-pin.jpg
    Olney-Tulip-Abalone-pin.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 463
  • Olney-Tulip-Ebony-being-built-1.jpg
    Olney-Tulip-Ebony-being-built-1.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kevin;

very enjoyable thread. :thumbup:

I rec'd this one from Jeff Olney last month and did post it in the "Olney Cues" thread but figured it would be good here as well.

I had Jeff use blue abalone diamonds to pick up on the blue and purple veneer. Slightly different from his usual work and I've always loved tulipwood.

Jeff's work is superlative and she plays judt how I like, very stiff with the sharp <<ping>>. :cool:

best,
brian kc

Oh, that is quite lovely. I am getting my first Olney within a few weeks. The "chair" pic if he is still doing that could show up any day...

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Jim Pierce cues 2017

I am super happy with my 2 Jim Pierce cues that I ordered and received this year. These will not be my last Jim Pierce cues that is for sure.

DSC_5094.jpg

DSC_5095.jpg

DSC_5096.jpg

DSC_5097.jpg

DSC_5090.jpg

gutshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best playing cue I have ever had.

Attachments

• 20170916_150133.jpg
    20170916_150133.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 308
  • 20170917_124651.jpg
    20170917_124651.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 306
  • 20171204_130314.jpg
    20171204_130314.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 307

Rogue8ball

Registered
Does it count if you had one started in 2017 but will not be complete until February 2018? I can post pictures then.

Rogue8ball

Registered
That cue is a beauty! I have always been a fan of segmented handles. After I have my full splice made my next venture will be a segmented handled cue.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
New Dan Janes custom shipping tomorrow

Just got a call from Dan Janes that my cue is finished and will ship tomorrow.

He (and Debbie) thinks it is really special.

Coolest thing about it is that I have no idea what it will look like. Only thing I know is that it has a cocobolo nose, is a 5 point cue, and will use a variation of standard Titlist colors

. It all started when Dan said that he had gotten in a shipment of cocobolo that was some of the nicest he had seen in many years, and I asked if he would make me a cue from one of the pieces. He hand selected a piece, I gave him a budget range and I left the rest to him.

On my call with him, I could tell he was excited about the cue. Must be awesome to be able to do something you truly enjoy for 40+ years like he has.

Should get it Thursday will try and post pictures by the weekend.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just got a call from Dan Janes that my cue is finished and will ship tomorrow.

He (and Debbie) thinks it is really special.

Coolest thing about it is that I have no idea what it will look like. Only thing I know is that it has a cocobolo nose, is a 5 point cue, and will use a variation of standard Titlist colors

. It all started when Dan said that he had gotten in a shipment of cocobolo that was some of the nicest he had seen in many years, and I asked if he would make me a cue from one of the pieces. He hand selected a piece, I gave him a budget range and I left the rest to him.

On my call with him, I could tell he was excited about the cue. Must be awesome to be able to do something you truly enjoy for 40+ years like he has.

Should get it Thursday will try and post pictures by the weekend.

You will love it. I did the same thing with Dan. Told him the wood, # of points, colors in the points and that I wanted cut diamonds and dots. I let him be creative out of respect for the years of workmanship he has put in. The points are razor sharp and I left the order of the the colors in the points up to him and I also left the placement of the cut diamonds and dots up to him. Came out very old school and the more I look at it the better I like it. People always ask me if they can see my cue. I am sure you will not be dissappointed.

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You will love it. I did the same thing with Dan. Told him the wood, # of points, colors in the points and that I wanted cut diamonds and dots. I let him be creative out of respect for the years of workmanship he has put in. The points are razor sharp and I left the order of the the colors in the points up to him and I also left the placement of the cut diamonds and dots up to him. Came out very old school and the more I look at it the better I like it. People always ask me if they can see my cue. I am sure you will not be dissappointed.

That's great. You should post a picture :)

I gave him even less direction than that. I just asked for the cocobolo, and asked him to make whatever he felt best. He did ask me about colors and I had seen a reverse coco cue by Cory Barnhart that used Titlist colors and I have always liked them, so I said maybe some variation of those colors. He suggested 5 points. I didn't provide any other design suggestions even about inlays or wrap. He did call today and he is putting on a special white with double black line wrap. Asked me if OK, I said sure :)

johnnysd

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan Janes Custom December 11, 2017

Just got my new Dan Janes (Joss) custom today. He had received in some really nice cocobolo and agreed to make me a cue. I did not provide any directions so it is completely his design.

5 points, variation of Titlist colors, reverse points in butt, white with double black Cortland wrap.

It is signed by Dan, and has my name on it as well.

Very happy with it. Quite unique and beautiful, Have not played with it yet,

Attachments

• IMG_20171214_143522.jpg
    IMG_20171214_143522.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_20171214_143626.jpg
    IMG_20171214_143626.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_20171214_143705.jpg
    IMG_20171214_143705.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 268
  • IMG_20171214_143743.jpg
    IMG_20171214_143743.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_20171214_144032.jpg
    IMG_20171214_144032.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 271

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Just got my new Dan Janes (Joss) custom today. He had received in some really nice cocobolo and agreed to make me a cue. I did not provide any directions so it is completely his design.

5 points, variation of Titlist colors, reverse points in butt, white with double black Cortland wrap.

It is signed by Dan, and has my name on it as well.

Very happy with it. Quite unique and beautiful, Have not played with it yet,

johnny;

there is an awful lot to love about this cue design. :cool:

the cocbolo is gorgeous and I really like the fleur-de-lis and reverse points design in the buttsleeve.

Dan did a brilliant job for you.

enjoy!

best,
brian kc