View Single Post
The brain does a lousy job of sorting this out...........
Old
  (#7)
genomachino
AzB Silver Member
genomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond reputegenomachino has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

The brain does a lousy job of sorting this out........... - 11-15-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_dave View Post
Geno,

Based on what you write, it is not totally clear to me what you actually mean.

The way I interpret what your mean by "the dominant eye needs to be in the most dominant position" is that the player should have their dominant eye closer to the line of the shot than the non-dominant eye. Is that what you mean? Or by "most dominant position," do you mean directly over the line of the shot? Let's assume a straight-in center-ball-hit shot for now to keep things simple.

This is something on which I agree with you 100%. All that matters is that a person's vision be aligned in a way that helps them best visualize the line of the shot and the center of the CB. The feet, body, and hips might need to move from shot to shot depending on the type of shot and where the body is relative to the table and the CB, but the vision should always be aligned the same way. I call the ideal visual alignment position the "vision center."

For some people (e.g., those with extreme eye dominance), the "vision center" position is with the dominant eye directly over the cue. For many people, the "vision center" position is with the cue centered exactly between the eyes, regardless of which eye might be "dominant" or not. And for some people, the "vision center" position is with the cue somewhere between (but not centered) or outside of the eyes, regardless of which eye might be "dominant" or not.

IMO, it is best to ignore which eye one might think is dominant or not and just determine your "vision center" position with simple drills. A key fundamental of pool is having your eyes in the right place, and this "right place" is different for each individual. The only way to determine it is with a cue and balls at a table. The standard test for "ocular dominance" won't necessarily help with this.

For those who want to find their personal "vision center," much more information and demonstrations can be found on the "vision center" resource page. Also, lots of information (and supporting resources) concerning "sighting," "dominant eye," and other vision-related topics can be found on the eyes and vision resource page.

Regards,
Dave
You put on your sight a very misleading statement about what Perfect aim is and I asked you to take it off.

This is what Perfect aim is all about. Making sure the dominant eye is in the most dominant position making sure the other eye is not being dominant at all.

This allows your eyes to work together in the most efficient way to envision the shot as Perfectly as possible.

I'm still on the road amazing players everywhere I go with this info that is still only available with perfect aim minus a few teachers that are trying to teach it.

When you sat in on a lesson at daves house in colorado 4 years ago i didn't know all the things that i know now. If I would have known what i know now you might have understood how important what i teach is.

Just had a young man that i gave a lesson to, Dave Styer from Charlotte, NC.

he just took second in a big tourny recently . This was his best finish ever and he directly contributed it to what he learned.

This is happening everywhere i go with all the players i teach and it's too bad the info is kind of being lost in the mix of miss information or things that don't really help players.

I'm not getting rich but I'm sure having fun teaching and playing all over the country.

What I teach is the most important information that any player could ever learn to improve his pool game.

Rodney Morris just told me at Q masters, Thanks for showing this to him back in July of 2009. He also told me that he uses Perfect aim everyday that he plays.

Along with thousands by now and still counting.

Most poolhalls I go to now i meet about 5 to 10 players that have already seen my video and loved it.

Just having fun.........................Good luck