Pro One Visuals and Sweeps

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I am NOT angry!

Quite simply, WHY invite someone into a thread that very well may create a derail?

There are certain ones that want to tear down and jab at my work at every possible opportunity.

I am aware of most all that have that agenda. I guess It is unfair of me to expect that others have my same awareness.

No problem, Ratta!

Stan Shuffett

My intentions are to derail.:confused:
Just giving my opinion in many cases ,sorry your so offended..

Anthony

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Stan,

maybe i misunderstood you-- but atm i feel like you rated my simple *posting* as very negative.
I wrote *always* because i for myself like Antony- and also had nice discussions with him. And from what i read he s also knowledged and has very often very interesting postings.

so what was wrong with my response, that i say: "Always", which would just mean, that i am interested in his opinoin?

Again Stan- i am now very confused, that your response (what you usually never do) seems to be a bit harsh towards me. So would you be so pleased and explain it to me- of course also per PM, so i could understand this response from you.

You know, (should know) that i have the greatest respect for you, bc you are a fantastic instructor in my opinoin.

Waiting for your message via pm,

kind regards from overseas,

Ingo

Ratta,

Gerry started a thread about identifying visual sweeps. I, personally thought it would be counterproductive to invite negativity into his thread. I merely stated my opinion. I saw no reason for that thread to possibly go south.
It's not a problem! No worries.

Stan Shuffett

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Hi Stan,

maybe i misunderstood you-- but atm i feel like you rated my simple *posting* as very negative.
I wrote *always* because i for myself like Antony- and also had nice discussions with him. And from what i read he s also knowledged and has very often very interesting postings.

so what was wrong with my response, that i say: "Always", which would just mean, that i am interested in his opinoin?

Again Stan- i am now very confused, that your response (what you usually never do) seems to be a bit harsh towards me. So would you be so pleased and explain it to me- of course also per PM, so i could understand this response from you.

You know, (should know) that i have the greatest respect for you, bc you are a fantastic instructor in my opinoin.

Waiting for your message via pm,

kind regards from overseas,

Ingo

Be careful associating with me,Im trouble.:D

Hope all is well over sea's.

Anthony

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
The only thing with you is that you give a general opinion but you don't explain it and you're not willing to get into detail. Its like youre saying "I know something you don't know" and you walk away lol :D Its hard to take you seriously lol

I have presented things in the past.
Showed you gaps inbetween the line ups that also create a angle.
Told you need to connect it to the table.
The same shot thing different angle arguement.:confused:Magical

Set up for a overcut on all shoots??:confused:
Also how do you set up for a overcut on a straight in one.:p

If I get some time later,l mite add a little more for you to think about.

Who knows..:)

Anthony

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have presented things in the past.
Showed you gaps inbetween the line ups that also create a angle.
Told you need to connect it to the table.
The same shot thing different angle arguement.:confused:Magical

Set up for a overcut on all shoots??:confused:
Also how do you set up for a overcut on a straight in one.:p

If I get some time later,l mite add a little more for you to think about.

Who knows..:)

Anthony

My posting history will show that straight-ins are not included in the over cut category.

Shoot, if the system only lined one up to center pocket then it would be diminished in my opinion because that would require an adjustment. But dag-gone-it, the system just happens to have built-in over cuts for cut shots. Hard to grasp but it's true.

Stan Shuffett

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like you Anthony - probably something to do with your Avatar and me being Canadian :)

However, I assure you there are no gaps in Pro One.

You show me 1 shot that cannot be made with Pro One for $100.00 - nothing crazy like 6 railers though :). You know I will post a video to prove you wrong :)

If you cannot I will be happy to collect - words are cheap.

The only gaps are in your knowledge of the system - and that wan't meant to be rude. If you truly understood the system you would not be taking the position you do.

Gerry

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I like you Anthony - probably something to do with your Avatar and me being Canadian :)

However, I assure you there are no gaps in Pro One.

You show me 1 shot that cannot be made with Pro One for $100.00 - nothing crazy like 6 railers though :). You know I will post a video to prove you wrong :)

If you cannot I will be happy to collect - words are cheap.

The only gaps are in your knowledge of the system - and that wan't meant to be rude. If you truly understood the system you would not be taking the position you do.

Gerry

Anything is possible with any aiming systems, so im sure you can.
Btw there are shots on the table where Im actually aiming to miss the whole ball.
Does pro1 handles these shots?

I figured it was my avatar,couldnt be my writing style.:)

You guys are all good in my book,even Stan for calling me spin doctor.:)

Im going to some how devise a plan on this argument,put you all in a boat and sink it.;) Once an for all.

1.Is it a center pocket system?
2.Its set up for a over cut on all shots besides straight in ones?
3.4 line ups create 0 to 90 degree's
4.If you create a visual off any of the line ups, A,b,c,1/8 is your routine including your sweep an exact movement to center ball?

You can plead the fifth incase you cant swim.:p

Have good one Gerry

Anthony

Gerry Williams

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where are you aiming to miss the ball? kick or masse?

Answers below…

Anything is possible with any aiming systems, so im sure you can.
Btw there are shots on the table where Im actually aiming to miss the whole ball.
Does pro1 handles these shots?

I figured it was my avatar,couldnt be my writing style.:)

You guys are all good in my book,even Stan for calling me spin doctor.:)

Im going to some how devise a plan on this argument,put you all in a boat and sink it.;) Once an for all.

1.Is it a center pocket system? Yes
2.Its set up for a over cut on all shots besides straight in ones? Stan best answer, but I think yes
3.4 line ups create 0 to 90 degree's 5 lines, 2 sweeps - you missed 1/8 either side
4.If you create a visual off any of the line ups, A,b,c,1/8 is your routine including your sweep an exact movement to center ball? I like to think so :)

You can plead the fifth incase you cant swim.:p
I am a strong swimmer :)

Have good one Gerry

Anthony

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Where are you aiming to miss the ball? kick or masse?Answers below…

Neither.
It is a shot that really requires you to aim pasted the gb and deflect the ball back towards the ob with either right or left spin for best results.:smile:

Anthony

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
(Gerry)or any pro1 user.

( 0 to 90 degree's 5 lines, 2 sweeps - you missed 1/8 either side.)

1/8 -A-B-C-1/8 Correct?

With these line ups, you can create a cut in the same direction(left or right) and have 5 different angles if the balls where always spoted in the same place?

Once you create your visual and sweep does this give you an exact path for the ob?
If not why?

What Stan stated here makes me think you create a exact line for the ob.

.....The curtain Test.....

( The system took me to the pockets... If the pockets were moved I could not make the balls and furthermore the system would not work with moved pockets even if I could see the pockets.

Stan Shuffett )

Since you can cover the pockets and make the balls,is it fair to say one could practice pro1 on any flat surface just as long as we have a cb an ob?

Be careful..:):)

Anthony

Last edited:

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
(Gerry)or any pro1 user.

1/8 -A-B-C-1/8 Correct?

With these line ups, you can create a cut in the same direction(left or right) and have 5 different angles if the balls where always spoted in the same place?

Once you create your visual and sweep does this give you an exacted path for the ob?
If not why?

What Stan stated here makes me think you create a exacted line for the ob.

( The system took me to the pockets... If the pockets were moved I could not make the balls and furthermore the system would not work with moved pockets even if I could see the pockets.

Stan Shuffett )

Since you can cover the pockets and make the balls,is it fair to say one could practice pro1 on any flat surface just as long as we have a cb an ob?

Anthony

I think a square surface is important, it is part of the perception that gives you a specific alignment on the A/B/C lines. You cannot be directly behind the CTEL, and you cannot be directly behind the A/B/C lines, your visual is a place where you can perceive both of those lines. Exactly how that alignment is acquired involves the table/pockets. I don't see how the perceptions could work if you were on a flat surface extending every direction with no square (rails and pockets).

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
(Gerry)or any pro1 user.

1/8 -A-B-C-1/8 Correct?

Once you create your visual and sweep does this give you an exact path for the ob?
If not why?

What Stan stated here makes me think you create a exact line for the ob.

Stan Shuffett )

Anthony

No you can't practice it on any flat surface. You need pockets. It also comes about because of the dimensions of the pool table.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I think a square surface is important, it is part of the perception that gives you a specific alignment on the A/B/C lines. You cannot be directly behind the CTEL, and you cannot be directly behind the A/B/C lines, your visual is a place where you can perceive both of those lines. Exactly how that alignment is acquired involves the table/pockets. I don't see how the perceptions could work if you were on a flat surface extending every direction with no square (rails and pockets).

You have fixed alignments on ob,a fixed cb edge aimed at one of your choice on the ob.Then we do the best we can for an exact sweep.You have a lot of fixed things here but yet fail to come with any direction cause you cant see the pockets or rails to feel your way to a pocket.:smile:
You have fixed alignments so there is direction.

Go get a life jacket just incase.:smile:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have fixed alignments on ob,a fixed cb edge aimed at one of your choice on the ob.Then we do the best we can for an exact sweep.You have a lot of fixed things here but yet fail to come with any direction cause you cant see the pockets or rails to feel your way to a pocket.:smile:
You have fixed alignments so there is direction.

Go get a life jacket just incase.:smile:

CTE PRO ONE is a visual system. All shots are essentially the same. Doesn't take long to understand that either with a little work.
My details will come soon enough.

Stan Shuffett

mohrt

Student of the Game
Silver Member
You have fixed alignments on ob,a fixed cb edge aimed at one of your choice on the ob.

Almost. We have a two alignments where a visual perception locks onto both of them. This visual perception would be "fixed" for every CB/OB/P relationship. See my previous post.

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 Pack, what is the purpose of your posts? It may not be your intention to be a naysayers against CTE/Pro One but it sure comes across that way. If you don't like the system, don't understand the system or you can't get it to work for you, so be it. I've yet to see any of the people who really like CTE/Pro One say it is the only system everyone should use. I don't get why you'd waste your time with your cynical, negative posts. If you're trying to be witty at all, epic fail there dude.

I'm also not sure why these other guys bother to respond. From my end, when I'm done hitting submit reply on this post, you're going on ignore along with JAM and English. Your in rather illustrious company dude.