JB Cases

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
What's the difference between "Basic Rugged", "Ultimate Rugged" and "Ultimate Hybrid"?
How can you tell the difference? (forget what I ended up with - but I do like it)

The Ultimate Rugged has a picture of this guy at the bottom...

IMG_3743.JPG

pocket

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What's the difference between "Basic Rugged", "Ultimate Rugged" and "Ultimate Hybrid"?
How can you tell the difference? (forget what I ended up with - but I do like it)

Ched, others can correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the ultimate has an extra small pocket and the handle on the top of the case. They may also come with backpack straps not sure about that.

9Ballr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand...Put their name on your case? Do you mean you don't want the maker to put their logo on the case they made?

That's not what I mean. You misunderstood....lol
I was saying that sometimes you can see the name of the actual maker in these cases.
Not speaking of the JB logo but the actual person who made the case, or had some part in making it,
I have seen cases that carry their names in the lid, or on the bottom etc.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I was saying that sometimes you can see the name of the actual maker in these cases.
Not speaking of the JB logo but the actual person who made the case, or had some part in making it,

I worked at GM years ago....at no time did they ever put my name on a car.....
....what's Olds and Buick got that I don't have....:angry:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I see. At times I do ask the artist to sign their name to the art. When I do I usually have them put it somewhere that isn't prominent.

For our cases there is no actual maker so to speak. JB Cases are made in a workshop by a team I have trained. The decoration, specifically the hand tooling, is sometimes done by an outside person. I always ask them to sign their work but they rarely do. Sometimes they art is done by one artist and the tooling by another.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Love my Rugged cases.

....but to say you think it and the JB shop will build it may be overstating a bit.
They make wonderful cases, and this is not to criticize the product which in my opinion is
the best case you can buy, but as far as the case is concerned it's my experience that
you kinda have to go with what they got. An excellent case.
What did you ask us for that we wouldn't do? About the only things we won't do are what is not technically possible or that which is possible but costs more than the customer is willing to pay for the development.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I've liked every JB case that I have seen, so I ordered one a couple of months ago. Not too impressed with the customer service though.
Can I get some more information on how we failed to serve you?

easy-e

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can I get some more information on how we failed to serve you?

Sure, although the situation has been handled to my satisfaction by your employees.

I ordered a custom rugged case and was quoted a timeline. I'm not too picky about that sort of thing, but when I'm given a quote on how long something will take, I usually believe it. The Expo took place during that time so I expected a bit of a delay.

I spoke with the employee again (can't remember his name) and he gave me a new timeline a couple of weeks later than the initial one. Now I started to worry because I was going to be moving soon after the new timeline I was given. I called the guy and told him that I'd be moving around that time and asked him to confirm my shipping address before sending the case, which he agreed to.

As the new estimated delivery date was approaching, I exchanged emails with your wife so she could send me pics of the progress, and I again reminded them about confirming the address before shipping. The case missed the new deadline again (not a huge deal, but frustrating) and I moved from Houston to Wyoming. Two weeks later, without any contact, guess where the case showed up? Houston! The person living at that address agreed to ship it to me in Wyoming if I covered the cost, which was $35.

After I got the case I emailed your support team expressing my frustration. I received a call that week and was offered reimbursement for shipping the case to Wyoming. The post of mine that you quoted was made after I emailed your support team, but before receiving a call back. Although it was a very frustrating experience, it's been resolved. I am also happy with my new case.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Sure, although the situation has been handled to my satisfaction by your employees.

I ordered a custom rugged case and was quoted a timeline. I'm not too picky about that sort of thing, but when I'm given a quote on how long something will take, I usually believe it. The Expo took place during that time so I expected a bit of a delay.

I spoke with the employee again (can't remember his name) and he gave me a new timeline a couple of weeks later than the initial one. Now I started to worry because I was going to be moving soon after the new timeline I was given. I called the guy and told him that I'd be moving around that time and asked him to confirm my shipping address before sending the case, which he agreed to.

As the new estimated delivery date was approaching, I exchanged emails with your wife so she could send me pics of the progress, and I again reminded them about confirming the address before shipping. The case missed the new deadline again (not a huge deal, but frustrating) and I moved from Houston to Wyoming. Two weeks later, without any contact, guess where the case showed up? Houston! The person living at that address agreed to ship it to me in Wyoming if I covered the cost, which was $35.

After I got the case I emailed your support team expressing my frustration. I received a call that week and was offered reimbursement for shipping the case to Wyoming. The post of mine that you quoted was made after I emailed your support team, but before receiving a call back. Although it was a very frustrating experience, it's been resolved. I am also happy with my new case.
Cool, glad we got it situated. I wish we had been able to send the other person a label. The shipping would have been around $20 but it's all good.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

All JB Cases have LEATHER reinforced stress points.

Basic Rugged - Nylon with two pockets, 16" and 7" and 1.25" tall, no top handle.
img_0338.jpg

Ultimate Rugged - Nylon with three pockets, 16" and 7" and 3" and 1.25" tall for the lower two pockets and 1" tall for the top pocket and top handle.
img_2588.jpg

Dynamite Rugged - Nylon with two pockets 18" and 8" which are taller at 2" with top handle.
img_1944.jpg

Hybrid - any Rugged Model with any of the main parts in leather other than the body. Pocket faces, sides, handles, top and bottom ring for example.
img_0860_1.jpg

img_1388.jpg

36hybkbreltowltray-bs-395.jpg

img_0936.jpg

Last edited:

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Just wanted to drop my own experience here.

I ordered a 2x4 all black butterfly with backpack straps. My goal for the case was for it to be light as possible for walking around the expo and other events.

I ordered the case at the Expo with John. He sketched out what I wanted exactly and I was quoted a time frame and I paid in full in cash right there.

Towards the end of the time frame I reached out to JB cases a few times just to check on things. I always received a reply within a days time and the case was delivered within the timeframe I was given.

The case is perfect. Exactly what I wanted.