New Problem On AZ RE: Picture Posting Size

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
One of those where you had to stand on the brake pedal huh .

You are gonna love this story about the '37 Ford I had while stationed at NAS North Island,
San Diego in 1961.
It had a '48 Merc Flathead, pumped up to the max with Edelbrock Heads, Intake, & Cam, and (3) Stromberg '97 Carbs. Faster than a scalded dog bein' chased thru a butcher shop, it was. However, it still had those terrible mechanical brakes. A-ha !, I came up with a plan.
An old timer had told me that a 1950-51 Ford Coupe "Juice Brake" system was a direct bolt-in replacement ..... so, I went shopping ... hee, hee, hee :grin-square:

Since Military Pay was the shits, I had to use my "Five Finger Discount" to procure said parts & pieces. During off-duty hours, I drove all over greater San Diego looking for a donor car, hee, hee :grin-square:
As luck would have it, I found the perfect victim (um, car) in the Main San Diego Police Department employee parking lot :eek: So, I returned to the base and gathered up all of the equipment (jack, blocks, plenty of hand tools, etc.) I enlisted my fellow mechanic (partner in crime) to help liberate that brake system in its entirety ... pedal, master cylinder, brake lines, front spindles with backing plates/cylinders, rear backing plates/cylinders.
You have to appreciate that we performed this entire criminal activity in broad daylight, with people coming and going in that lot the whole time. We wore coveralls from the Base, so we looked like we were repairing that Ford. We fled the scene with our loot, returned to the Base, and proceeded to swap out the brake systems. Piece of Cake, if I do say so myself.
You know what they say about crooks returning to the scene of the crime ? NOT ME !!!

Note: I carried my precious Harvey Martin Cue in that car .... so, this is Pool Related

Last edited:

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to figure out this issue today. I upgraded PHP on the server a couple weeks ago, and I suspect that is the problem.

Just so that I understand the problem completely, it is on images that are just a little over 100K that it was still allowing it and resizing on this end?

I was going to start a thread on this myself and did mention it in another one. I used to be able to post pics a lot larger than the 100 KB via the attachment function. You can see by the FS threads going on right now that it's a problem for lots of posters. It's probably not helping the dwindling base of sellers here. Hopefully you can get it figured out.

TeeA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Heading In The Wrong Direction

In this technical day and age, ridiculous to have every poster of pics go through this especially when we had the capability in the past.

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the Funny Pics thread, the majority are hosted (for free) on Imgur, then the image is embedded using the Insert Image button.

This saves AZB from having to host and store all these images themselves by using the upload function (which limits not only size but number of pictures).

Click the quote button to see how this image is formatted.

q8FGg7ol.jpg

Maxx

AzB Platinum Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am no longer able to post my Ferrari pic as my avatar.
Why, then, am I paying for Gold Membership ? :confused::confused::confused:

Same thing for me, I tried to go back to an old avatar that I had used and it was now too large. I don't want to use an image hosting service so I guess I just have to resize them.

No biggie, just wondering what changed.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually prefer the smaller picture sizes. When folks post large photos, you have to use a slider bar to go from east to west. Not everybody uses a 45-inch computer screen, so the smaller size, at least for me, is welcomed. :)

Reactions: JC

KissedOut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am trying to figure out this issue today. I upgraded PHP on the server a couple weeks ago, and I suspect that is the problem.

Just so that I understand the problem completely, it is on images that are just a little over 100K that it was still allowing it and resizing on this end?

IMO the REAL picture problem is when someone posts a large picture that exceeds the horizontal size of the screen and renders a whole page of posts almost unreadable because you have to constantly scroll horizontally to read all of the other posts. A good example is in page 2 of the lasik thread. The guy who sells billiard glasses posts a huge picture of his product and, as a result, in order to read any of the other posts on the whole of page 2 you have to constantly scroll horizontally.

Either the large pictures that exceed the horizontal screen size (or at least a reasonable narrow size, if the horizontal width is device dependent) need to be resized, or the feature that automatically formats text to the widest post on the page needs to be tweaked to not allow wide pictures to screw up the formatting of all of the other posts on that page.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I actually prefer the smaller picture sizes. When folks post large photos, you have to use a slider bar to go from east to west. Not everybody uses a 45-inch computer screen, so the smaller size, at least for me, is welcomed. :)

Agreed! :thumbup:

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
With all due respect to JAM and dub I disagree. As some of you may know, I post a lot of pictures and I find it to be a pain in the butt! :(

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
With all due respect to JAM and dub I disagree. As some of you may know, I post a lot of pictures and I find it to be a pain in the butt! :(

I'm sorry it's difficult to do. That's the heck of it.

I do find it to be a pain in the tookus to have to scroll way to the right when someone posts some huge pic in the middle of a thread. On a phone that is probably as much of a pain as it is for you to have to resize the photos, especially if you go back into that thread page multiple times to continue reading.

It's too bad the site software doesn't automatically format things for everyone's benefit.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
It's too bad the site software doesn't automatically format things for everyone's benefit.

Now there is a good suggestion to make everyone happy. I'm no computer guru so I don't have a clue if this would be a big deal or not to put into place but it sure sounds like a great solution.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Now there is a good suggestion to make everyone happy. I'm no computer guru so I don't have a clue if this would be a big deal or not to put into place but it sure sounds like a great solution.

Sadly, I expect that it isn't feasible in the software, else it would already be in effect.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
I think I see your problem, Nine...
...you're posting the pictures in the wrong place....:confused:
Try your computer.

:rotflmao1:

Lol ... you're the best pt. I've always done it that way. Hell, I've posted so many pictures I can't even sit down anymore. :grinning-moose:

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member

Same here!!!!

tonyboy59

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Agreed...since the folks that may complain about the larger pics seldom or if not do not post pics. If this continues then those folks may not have to scroll up and down because no pics will be posted by people who post a lot of pics (got all that??? ;)).

I stopped posting pics weeks ago when I was getting the same error.