Disaster Has Struck: All of Genipool14's Videos Have Been Deleted by YouTube

dnschmidt

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The title says it all. ALL OF GENIPOOL14'S VIDEOS have been removed by YouTube and his account closed. This is a disaster!!!

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Noooooooooooooooooo!!! This was going to happen sooner or later as a lot of his videos and clips in them were not his property. (ie, Matchroom, TAR, Accustats).

I saved some of them from time to time anticipating this day... not as many as I wish I had though. I really enjoyed his channel though. Hopefully they are able to fight it and get some of their original content back up there, but if he monetized the entire video library, I doubt Youtube will allow them back in under that account.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought he actually had rights to use the videos since it was not even saved copies of the videos but the actual broadcast footage before editing.

Sad though, there were a lot of high quality matches posted on that channel.

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I'm glad I watched all the matches from the worldcup last night. 'Tis a sad day indeed though I spose it's not really right for him to be profiting from them though.

GideonF

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, that's a bummer.

I myself think that posting TAR and Accu-Stats matches is poor form, because video sales and streaming is how they make their money.

I personally think it only helps companies like Matchroom to have their videos on YouTube, because they don't sell videos or streams (generally) and make their money through ads and TV and this just builds demand for their next live broadcast, but obviously it is their right to decide what gets posted and what doesn't.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know him? You knkw he has visited azb. Might even be a member.

Fair use! Im a studying those matters.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody know him? You knkw he has visited azb. Might even be a member.

Fair use! Im a studying those matters.

What was done is not exactly fair use as far as material owned by someone. Sharing something you bought when you have no rights to the media past viewing it yourself or in a local setting like your house, is not fair use. Now if you went to his house and watched the recorded video of a match, that is OK. Public performance or sharing is controlled by whoever owns the media. For example if you own a bar, you get charged for playing music or even showing TV in it.

flyrv9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Along those same lines - there are approx 130 videos out there on Youtube from 9 ball challenge matches held at a pool hall here in Wichita. Several of them have the audio track removed because of (copyright I think) complaints due to music in the background. That pool hall closed last December and the matches have started up again at 2 locations now. They may be streamed in the future but I don't know about Youtube.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Someone on Reddit read on his facebook this:

"I was blocked by mistake for spam. Trying to figure out"

So hopefully it's that and not any copyright issues. If this is the case and he can't get this channel back up then he can just start a new channel with all the same content.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
If he gets his channel back up and continues to steal, re-post, and cash in on any more of my stuff I'll just keep reporting him.

It's hard enough to make any money in pool, then you have thieves like this that make it even more difficult. I could see if he had any original content, but he doesn't. His channel is just stuff that he has blatantly stolen from other people. He has monetized and cashed in on other people's hard work. If his channel is gone, good riddance.

The more that people continue to support thieves, cons, and others that steal, pirate, and provide free stuff to the masses - remember that this is the main reason why pool gets nowhere year after year after year.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoy the videos people upload from old tape recordings and accustats tapes.

I miss napster.

A sad day indeed.

Times are changing and free content is good content for me.

I also doubt he was getting rich.

Last edited:

Sharivari

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he gets his channel back up and continues to steal, re-post, and cash in on any more of my stuff I'll just keep reporting him.

It's hard enough to make any money in pool, then you have thieves like this that make it even more difficult. I could see if he had any original content, but he doesn't. His channel is just stuff that he has blatantly stolen from other people. He has monetized and cashed in on other people's hard work. If his channel is gone, good riddance.

The more that people continue to support thieves, cons, and others that steal, pirate, and provide free stuff to the masses - remember that this is the main reason why pool gets nowhere year after year after year.

In my opinion thats bs. Who gets the money for the videos? Not the players, ACCU Stats and Matchroom. Pool only profited from genipool, because everyone could watch those great events, even ppl who arent that much interested in pool, that they would pay to watch a stream.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
In my opinion thats bs. Who gets the money for the videos? Not the players, ACCU Stats and Matchroom. Pool only profited from genipool, because everyone could watch those great events, even ppl who arent that much interested in pool, that they would pay to watch a stream.

So he rips me off - and I'm the a$$hole? Ok. Nice logic there.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

If you had a way of streaming your content, I'm very interested and will support you.

The problem with pool is that there isn't an official outlet to view pool. A streaming content channel as vast as Geniepool has would not be hard to set up and charge a monthly access fee for.
I would be more than willing to support that as well.

However, until there are avenues like this in pool, folks, including myself will still stream content where we can find it. As long as it's great quality video and flawless streaming.

What is also frustrating are big venue productions like espn and matchroom, who broadcast their content and then lock it away in a vault never to be seen again.
At the very least, for documenting history, create a YouTube channel and start a collection.