CSI-Mark Griffin First Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roger Long

Sonoran Cue Creations
Silver Member
I don't give a rats ass on your 'evidence' - you were not involved in the decision and you persist in insinuating that CSI somehow went in one direction and then changed our mind. - Mark Griffin

Mark,

Even if you had started in one direction and then changed your mind, it's still nobody's business but yours.

Roger

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No worries. You will never get to prove it because Lou's high rolling days are over. No one will back him for 10 cts against a player. I can't even get a rematch and he has 9 hours of me dogging it on video. Buddy Hall would be ashamed if he ever refused to play some one he already beat.

No JB never baits :rolleyes:

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
damn! Something rarely seen!!

Just talked to Mark on the phone for about 45 minutes and he seems
like a pretty nice guy. We decided to just agree to disagree, which is fine
with me. I said what I thought and don't feel the need to continue saying
it anymore as it doesn't help the game any by doing so.

Looking at the big picture Mark does a whole lot for the players and the
game. So even though we don't agree on the Ko issue, thanks for all
you Mark Griffin do for our game.

Genuinely impressed that you got on the phone and worked things out. Right or wrong Mark did take one of the reasonable options. Having listened to the interview on the broadcast taking the second placed player out of the round robin was the only reasonable option considering how they planned for things to work.

Nobody has to agree to anything. Agreeing to disagree is enough sometimes.

Rep headed your way. With two billion points and two dollars you get a Twinkie.

Hu

dom_poppa

Banned
Lou has a great story he can tell for the ages in how he took 10k from a baby.

JB on the other hand, will have something his family will probably wished never happened.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member

JB on the other hand, will have something his family will probably wished never happened.

Now I think you are projecting your family's feeling about the fact that your mom and pops procreated.......

Troll on....

Chris

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
With two billion points and two dollars you get a Twinkie.

Hu

Rumor has it, they be makin twinkies again. I want one right about now and I have 2 billion tarnished points from rep Ho-ing. Do tell me Hu, where do I cash them in? I'd settle for a Ho Ho.

SWRLE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scenario 1

Was it that Ralf was paid in error, or did CSI just change their mind? The evidence most supports that CSI initially was going to pay Ralf 3rd, and issue a bye in his place giving Ko a bye straight into the finals. Then for whatever reason they changed their mind after Ralf was already gone and then of course come match time they have to tell Ko that Ralf is being replaced by Shane, and Ko either has to play the match or he is going to be replaced by the second place finisher in his group just as they subsequently decided to do with Ralf.

I think it was SJM that overheard CSI officials saying that they could not be without that match for the pay per view live stream, so that could have been the motivation to change their mind on the format. Or maybe after more thought they just decided it was more fair or logical in their eyes or perhaps it was simply just more to their personal preference to go ahead and go with the format of moving the second place finisher in the group up to replace Ralf. Or maybe it was a combination of all of these things.

I am not saying this is what occurred. There just isn't any way to know anything for sure. Only that it seems to be the most logical thing to believe based on the evidence at hand. And depending on a number of factors, I don't necessarily think it is unreasonable to change your mind on a previous ruling in some circumstances (I don't have enough information to know if this is one of those reasonable circumstances or not).

I don't really have a dog in the fight as I see strong logic for both formats and don't think anyone would have really had too much problem with either one as long as it was made known in advance. What makes this situation so unique is that the players were never told in advance which of the two formats would be used. So the real question here is not which is the best or most logical format, because they both have merit. The real question is which was the most fair and logical format to use under the circumstances of the players never having been made aware in advance. And the two answers could be very different.

Yes it seems clear that is exactly what happened. Scenario 1. CSI was hit cold with Ralf's withdrawal/forfeit/departure/demurrer/boogy and didn't figure what to do until Ralf had left thinking (as confirmed by his check) he got the losers share of his semi-final match. Ironically CSI comes up with a good plan to handle the situation - one that is good for players, fans, and CSI, and one that will surely become policy if this format survives - BUT for some dumbfounding reason CSI refuses to admit it. Why? Instead we're led to believe Ralf is the bad guy who all but sneaked out with a typo check? And there may be sanctions? Maybe the sanctions should go to the people whose late discovery of the right policy threw the tournament into havoc, with an apology to the people who are now being impugned for their reaction to the havoc.

dom_poppa

Banned
No wonder people thought the tournament was rigged. For example, lets say Player A knew he couldn't beat Player B, therefore, Player A forfeits so his buddy, Player X, can play for him. Lucky Ko won, therefore, it's as if nothing happened.

Not saying it was rigged but there is a reason why players should not be allowed back in, after elimination. Erases all doubts.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
No wonder people thought the tournament was rigged. For example, lets say Player A knew he couldn't beat Player B, therefore, Player A forfeits so his buddy, Player X, can play for him. Lucky Ko won, therefore, it's as if nothing happened.

Not saying it was rigged but there is a reason why players should not be allowed back in, after elimination. Erases all doubts.

Good god you are the poster child for whats wrong in public education......

TimKrazyMon

Kid Delicious' Evil Twin
Silver Member
just to be clear...............

Attachments

• MGmeme.jpg
    MGmeme.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 327
  • clownmeme.jpg
    clownmeme.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 329

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Well..... All I can say is that everyone in the pool room tonight can't believe that a group of backers would not want to play again when they have the nuts.

I don't know....I would have said flip it if I had won.

Then again I don't have to ask anyone's permission to play just like Mark Griffin doesn't need anyone's permission to run his events as he wishes to run them.

The Renfro

Outsville.com
Silver Member
Well..... All I can say is that everyone in the pool room tonight can't believe that a group of backers would not want to play again when they have the nuts.

Then again I don't have to ask anyone's permission to play just like Mark Griffin doesn't need anyone's permission to run his events as he wishes to run them.

Hey John... Gail has some complications going on right now from her bout with cancer.... Lou will be a little distracted for awhile while she heals up... The prognosis is good for her getting healthy but between then and now I told Lou I would lay off... If you had read the same post I know you well enough that you would too.... Just tell Lou you have a rain check you intend to cash........

Chris

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
make mine a hu-big pie

Rumor has it, they be makin twinkies again. I want one right about now and I have 2 billion tarnished points from rep Ho-ing. Do tell me Hu, where do I cash them in? I'd settle for a Ho Ho.

Don't bother, besides other things to cut the size and quality of the twinkies now they are freezing them before shipping. Might as well save your points for something big, maybe a dollar off a gold membership or something.

Man, I haven't even thought of a Ho Ho in years. Sugar rush extraordinaire! What I'm missing down here is hu-big pies, no connection to me. The kitchen burned down and they went away. Somebody tried to fill the gap but failed miserably by the reports I have gotten. A glazed fried pie. Doesn't seem that hard but the imitators including the hamburger chains don't even come close.

Hu

pro9dg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Give me strength. Kid Dynamite I thought that you were more sensible than to get to the level of 'when does a match start'.
Let's just shut this thread down because nothing more is set to change except maybe a response from Ralf. But he should only need to keep things between himself and Mark.
Furthermore Mark should not be required to disclose the content of this communication

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Give me strength. Kid Dynamite I thought that you were more sensible than to get to the level of 'when does a match start'.
Let's just shut this thread down because nothing more is set to change except maybe a response from Ralf. But he should only need to keep things between himself and Mark.
Furthermore Mark should not be required to disclose the content of this communication

Tap Tap

In the absence of new info, this has been flogged into oblivion for now.

Kid Dynomite

Dennis (Michael) Wilson
Silver Member

Agreed Doug! I was pointing out the possibility of future problems with tardiness and enforcement measures conflicting with the new policy!

Not here to argue what constitutes start of a match.

Kd

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

After I won I would have said "flip it" too but after all your crawfishing on *every other single bet* it was pretty obvious you were done.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey John... Gail has some complications going on right now from her bout with cancer.... Lou will be a little distracted for awhile while she heals up... The prognosis is good for her getting healthy but between then and now I told Lou I would lay off... If you had read the same post I know you well enough that you would too.... Just tell Lou you have a rain check you intend to cash........

Chris

It's OK, Chris. John has no honor and is incapable of experiencing shame. He's just behaving true to form.

Lou Figueroa

Status
Not open for further replies.