Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Galveston $1,000,000.00 tournament
Page 1 of 12 1 2311 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average.
Galveston $1,000,000.00 tournament
Old
  (#1)
JoeyA
Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1300

Galveston $1,000,000.00 tournament - 07-22-2009, 07:36 AM

With a $1,000,000.00 at stake, the amateurs and the professionals should be lining up to get a piece of this cake.

With over a million viewers it is a chance for every pool player to be a part of what may be THE MOST SPECTACULAR POOL EVENT OF THE DECADE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biaQNZVVQUE
JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#2)
Joe_Jaguar
AzB Silver Member
Joe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Jaguar has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

07-22-2009, 10:01 AM

Is there a list yet of confirmed pros attending that could be put out? I would only be attending as a spectator if I go. Thanks.

Old
  (#3)
Roy Steffensen
not banned
Roy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond reputeRoy Steffensen has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
  Send a message via MSN to Roy Steffensen Send a message via Yahoo to Roy Steffensen Send a message via Skype™ to Roy Steffensen 
07-22-2009, 11:28 AM

nice video

"The bangers consider me a pro - the pros consider me a banger"

LOVE TO GAMBLE - CAN'T PLAY

Old
  (#4)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
With a $1,000,000.00 at stake, the amateurs and the professionals should be lining up to get a piece of this cake.

With over a million viewers it is a chance for every pool player to be a part of what may be THE MOST SPECTACULAR POOL EVENT OF THE DECADE.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biaQNZVVQUE
JoeyA

Save me a seat in the booth next to you big guy. I want at least one of our matches together saved for posterity.

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order Pool Wars

Old
  (#5)
JoeyA
JoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyA has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Jaguar View Post
Is there a list yet of confirmed pros attending that could be put out? I would only be attending as a spectator if I go. Thanks.
Check out the video for some of the pros that are going for sure.

Sunday, September 20 is the FINALS for all of the tournaments except for the One Pocket tournament which ends on Thursday Sept. 17. Hope that helps.

JoeyA

"I would rather not deal with such questions, because it's like shearing a piglet—a lot of squealing and little wool."

Old
  (#6)
Fast Lenny
♠ ♥ ONTHERAILTV.COM ♣ ♦
Fast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond reputeFast Lenny has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1275

07-22-2009, 11:33 AM

I am just curious as to how they plan on getting one million viewers?, I believe it is possible and wish them success with it but it will take a good amount of advertising.

Old
  (#7)
JoeyA

07-22-2009, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Save me a seat in the booth next to you big guy. I want at least one of our matches together saved for posterity.
I know, I know.
JoeyA

Asia viewers and now.........................
Old
  (#8)
JoeyA

Asia viewers and now......................... - 07-22-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Lenny View Post
I am just curious as to how they plan on getting one million viewers?, I believe it is possible and wish them success with it but it will take a good amount of advertising.
Currently Taylor Road Productions has already contracted the Galveston World Classic for 11 hours of televised programming to be broadcasted on ESPN Star throughout Asia, which boasts 40 million households in almost 60 countries. The U.S. distribution will be announced by Taylor Road Productions shortly. Please visit The Galveston World Classic web site for more details.

AND NOW...................July20, 2009
Taylor Road Productions, promoters of the Galveston World Classic, will be announcing a deal for U.S. distribution of televised programming for the event. The event will be held at Moody Gardens in Galveston, TX September 11-20, 2009 and features over $1,000,000 in prize money.

Old
  (#9)
JoeyA

07-22-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay helfert View Post
Ohhhhh. I thought you meant our one pocket match.
JoeyA

Joey I would rep you but
Old
  (#10)
Klink
AzB Silver Member
Klink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond reputeKlink has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 600

Joey I would rep you but - 07-22-2009, 12:13 PM

I would give you rep but I thought I would say it here instead.

Thank you for posting on this forum, and for always staying true to what you think is for the good of the pool playing community even when you know some people are going to disagree.

On second thought some rep is on its way.

Old
  (#11)
JoeyA

07-22-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink View Post
I would give you rep but I thought I would say it here instead.

Thank you for posting on this forum, and for always staying true to what you think is for the good of the pool playing community even when you know some people are going to disagree.

On second thought some rep is on its way.
With comments like that, you never have to send me a single rep. Your comments meant the world to me.

Best Regards,
JoeyA

Old
  (#12)
jay helfert
Shoot Pool, not people
jay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond reputejay helfert has a reputation beyond repute

07-22-2009, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyA View Post
Ohhhhh. I thought you meant our one pocket match.
JoeyA
I'm going to get the draw rigged so you and I play in the tournament. And I'm gonna kick your ass!

http://www.jayhelfert.com/ to order Pool Wars

Old
  (#13)
Cuaba
Livin Large
Cuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond reputeCuaba has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 5000

07-22-2009, 01:40 PM

Looks good. I hope its the real deal.

Sorry I'll miss it, I'll be in Hawaii.

Old
  (#14)
AuntyDan
/* Insert skill here */
AuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond reputeAuntyDan has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

07-22-2009, 02:19 PM

My apoligies if this has already been answered in some RSS announcements, or chat session or something, but when did this event go from a $200,000 event (As it was originally promoted) to $1,000,000?

I had a look at the Payouts page and it appears that, assuming they had full fields for all the headline events the total payout is about $400,000. (Still a very nice payday BTW.)

The other thing I don't see on this page is any indication what happens if there are less than full fields. Does the added money stay the same, so the total prizes go down, or are the added funds increased to guarantee the same prize payouts that are in the chart?

I won't bother asking how the added funds are being guaranteed, because if Jose Parica (Assuming it is a real post) doesn't rate a public answer to that question I'm sure a humble hack like me won't merit a better response.

Aunty Dan
----------------------------------------------------------------------

CUES Zylr, Capone, Predator BK1
CASE Jack Justis ProLite
TABLE 9' Gold Crown-style AMF
"For 'tis the sport to have the engineer
Hoist with his own petard."
W. Shakespeare

a million dollars?
Old
  (#15)
wahcheck
AzB Silver Member
wahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond reputewahcheck has a reputation beyond repute

a million dollars? - 07-22-2009, 02:28 PM

I wonder who is putting up the added prize money? What amount is really guaranteed?

Page 1 of 12 1 2311 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: