Galveston $1,000,000.00 tournament

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Emails sent to the GWC

Wow, what a thread. I'm new to the education on this new and promising event. I went to the GWC website, and also found important questions on their forum left unanswered for days. In an effort to prompt more answers, I just sent 2 similar emails to the GWC, one to their "contact us" address, and one to Bobby Rone. I thought I would share my email.

Hopefully answers are quickly forthcoming and some of this contentious posting can be exchanged for positive, educated discussion and decision making.

----------------->

Dear Mr. Rone,

I write regarding the GWC. I just emailed this same following message to whichever email address is used on your web site. So, as a double duty, I'd like to send it to you for your consideration.

There's a hullaballo going on at AZ Billiard's forum. Some questions to date are seemingly unable to meet with answers, either there or on your web-site. Your forum here has questions left unanswered after many days.

I believe it would be in this event's best interest to bring answers ASAP, both at your web-site and at AZB. Here's a link for the long running "hullaballoo" thread:

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=150115.

Questions like guaranteed monies and escrow may be the largest of questions. I sincerely wish this event unprecedented success. I think you can improve your odds of success by providing answers more readily.

Thanks for your consideration.

Best of luck,

Matt "KoolKat9Lives" Thompson
Greensboro, NC

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
That's not true. But it looks to me as though the public sentiment on this event has swung positive. You can explain to me all the inner workings of Galveston over in Mobile this weekend. I assume you'll be attending Mobile, even though there's no possibility of you being able to commentate???

Doc

Art,
You will have to disavow your propensity for being a naysayer and swear allegiance to a new clan of optimistic lemmings to get more information on Galveston. :p

My "handlers" will probably not allow me a waiver to do commentary at Mobile. :D

JoeyA (may go to the BIG MONEY tournament in Mobile this weekend, still waiting for a stake horse to belly up the dough) :p

P.S. Parica is coming by Buffalo Billiards Thursday night to gamble and give a lesson or two.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Response from my email

To: mattthompson@hotmail.com; jrcue@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Galveston World Classic] Contact from Matt Thompson
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:54:04 -0400

sir we have a web site...theworldclassic.com.... that has all the answers...if we start to chat on az we will or could never make everybody happy so we will stick to our web site...br

-----------------

I'd guess Mr Bobby Rone responded via portable device (blackberry), hence a short reply with lower case. If some of the unanswered questions still posed here can in fact not be answered at their website, then I'm a little disappointed in the response. But the site has many many pages, and perhaps we need to look a little deeper, so I'm not jumping to conclusion.

My reply to Mr Rone:

Yes, it can be a tough crowd there at AZB. I was trying to help the cause and get a more positive tone going, and get some speculation off the board.

Thanks for the quick reply and again, best of luck. Hope to see you there (if I can swing it!)

Best regards,

Matt

Allow me to ask ya'll:

What specific questions are still unanswered? Do I have these right?

1) How is the $1 million guaranteed?

2) Are added monies going to be escrowed?

Hey, I'm not a tournament runnin' type of guy, so I don't profess to even know the right answers to ask. I just want this event to be the best it can be. This industry is a bi*ch and seems we have to scratch and claw for every morsel of forward movement. So, let's scratch and claw together, shall we?

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To: mattthompson@hotmail.com; jrcue@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Galveston World Classic] Contact from Matt Thompson
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2009 11:54:04 -0400

sir we have a web site...theworldclassic.com.... that has all the answers...if we start to chat on az we will or could never make everybody happy so we will stick to our web site...br

-----------------

I'd guess Mr Bobby Rone responded via portable device (blackberry), hence a short reply with lower case. If some of the unanswered questions still posed here can in fact not be answered at their website, then I'm a little disappointed in the response. But the site has many many pages, and perhaps we need to look a little deeper, so I'm not jumping to conclusion.

My reply to Mr Rone:

Yes, it can be a tough crowd there at AZB. I was trying to help the cause and get a more positive tone going, and get some speculation off the board.

Thanks for the quick reply and again, best of luck. Hope to see you there (if I can swing it!)

Best regards,

Matt

Allow me to ask ya'll:

What specific questions are still unanswered? Do I have these right?

1) How is the $1 million guaranteed?

2) Are added monies going to be escrowed?

Hey, I'm not a tournament runnin' type of guy, so I don't profess to even know the right answers to ask. I just want this event to be the best it can be. This industry is a bi*ch and seems we have to scratch and claw for every morsel of forward movement. So, let's scratch and claw together, shall we?

hmmm, I think all I asked was: what did the word "guaranteed" mean; does that apply to all or just part of the money; is there an escrow account somewhere; and how many paid entries in the different events do they have to date?

I guess I could also ask if any of the pro events are seeded;and whether the tournament venue will be open 24hrs?

I think others have some outstanding questions, but unlike Joey, I hate to speak for others :)

Lou Figueroa

rbpwrd240

Sponsored Player
Silver Member
Mr. Pagulayan,
Are you going to be playing in the Amateur division?

JoeyA

I qualify for the amature division but like the sain goes dress for the job you want not the job you got.:cool:

I hope to be in a mean 5 man 8 ball team with some great players from Texas and I hope to be in 8 ball amature and maybe a pro event we will have to see what happens.

I would like to do 8 ball and 9 ball but I have no anwser yet if you can manage more then one tournament at the time.

Make sure you guys stop by the 6 pocket both to introduce yourself.

Alex

Krypto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Check out the video for some of the pros that are going for sure.

Sunday, September 20 is the FINALS for all of the tournaments except for the One Pocket tournament which ends on Thursday Sept. 17. Hope that helps.

JoeyA

Actually, the finals for the Ladies Pro Event will be on the 15th. Should be a good one.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
i'm assuming that's alex pagulayan?

I don't know if Alex Pagulayan is going to the tournament or not. I was just messin' wid the other guy named Alex.

Didn't know about the Ladies tournament finals on the 15th. :embarrassed2:

Go GALVESTON!JoeyA