Go Back   AzBilliards.com > Main Category > Main Forum
Reload this Page Would I Be Crazy To Put A Pool Table In My Living Room?
Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Share Thread Tools Rate Thread
Would I Be Crazy To Put A Pool Table In My Living Room?
Old
  (#1)
runout1961
Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
runout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

Would I Be Crazy To Put A Pool Table In My Living Room? - 01-25-2010, 01:19 PM

Hey Folks, I'm coming home soon and it has always been a dream of mine to have a pool table in my house. I have a nice 3 bedroom ranch house in Texas and the only way for me to have a pool table is to partially convert the garage. Besides the cost of doing this I REALLY do not want to give up my garage nor do I care to accumulate more debt by putting an addition onto the house.

Orrrrrr I can put a nice 9 footer in the living room? I am 26 and single. Right now it would not be a problem. Obviously later when I have a family we would move to a bigger house anyway. In your opinion is this too tacky or bachelor esque'? I could easily turn either the master bedroom or one of the spare bedrooms into the new "living room". This would only be temporary until I move to a bigger house in the future.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

Old
  (#2)
Ponytail
...it's about consistency
Ponytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond reputePonytail has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-25-2010, 01:22 PM

I don't see an issue with it, if you're single and don't have a live in GF.

At least any girl that starts getting serious about you will know what she's getting into, which will be a good thing for you down the line.

Peace...

Old
  (#3)
LWW
AZB tin member
LWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond reputeLWW has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1700

01-25-2010, 01:26 PM

It's your house ... who cares what you do with it.

If you want to affix a pool table to the ceiling I think you should be allowed.

LWW

"I love Che and most people I know adore him ..."
-Dom_Poppa-

"Whether or not its a lie is irrelevant."
-Bishop-

"LWW is one of the truly great thinkers of the 21st century."
-Tom Haney-

"Actually Al Gore did invent the internet"
-Tom Haney-

"I have high hopes that you (LWW) and your sympathizers will be led to the gallows."
-9ballpaul-

Old
  (#4)
ceebee
AzB Gold Member
ceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond reputeceebee has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2010, 01:27 PM

Once upon a time, a guy asked a beautiful girl "Will you marry me?" The girl said, 'NO!'

And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles, played POOL in the Living Room, went fishing and hunting, played golf a lot, drank beer and scotch, had tons of money in the bank, left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

The End

ceebee
USMC- Ret.
www.breakrak.com
918-543-6600
Every game Starts with the Break Shot

Old
  (#5)
Big Perm
1pkt 14.1 8 Banks 9 10
Big Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond reputeBig Perm has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 625

01-25-2010, 01:32 PM

John, DO IT

Did the same thing when I was your age.......had the house to myself, put the table on one end of the living room, basically turned the whole space into a game room with a couple of couches, couple of chairs, a big tv, and a pool table.....it was the best....

For the ladies, just put in a hot tub just off the back patio.....oh, and a little privacy fence around it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson View Post
Welcome Teach....to the class that is always open 24/7 where one is free to suggest subjects for class discussion or to merely browse through the multitude of pages for your reading enjoyment...
AC Tru-Balance Conversion w/ OB Shafts
Cuephoric Dufferin Conversion w/ Owens Shaft
The original CHALK NINJA

Old
  (#6)
Beware_of_Dawg
Beware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBeware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBeware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBeware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBeware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBeware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBeware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBeware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBeware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBeware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBeware_of_Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 475

01-25-2010, 01:42 PM

Me thinks you may have already made a decision and you are fishing for confirmation that you made the right (and no brainer) choice. lol.

If you haven't already, Buy the table. in a few months, wrestle with the "why didn't I do this sooner?" question.

Congratulations!!! This is great news for you!!! So,, have you picked out a name for it? Do you know what color you will paint your new babies room? WHat color felt are you going to dress it in when you bring it home?? Very exciting indeed, a new family member!

Old
  (#7)
ftgokie
D player extraordinaire
ftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond reputeftgokie has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 1400
  Send a message via Yahoo to ftgokie  
01-25-2010, 01:44 PM

Current fire code says you cannot have a 9' pool table in your living room. Also, it states you cannot drink beer while playing on your table if it were to be in the living room. I believe there is a large fine if you are caught with a table in the middle of your living room. I would contact the current Sherrifs Dept and turn yourself in IMMEDIATELY for even having such thoughts....Shame on you!

Just retired the Wal-Mart cue...upgraded to a Budweiser cue..Im SET now!

Old
  (#8)
Predator5K4
AzB Silver Member
Predator5K4 has a reputation beyond reputePredator5K4 has a reputation beyond reputePredator5K4 has a reputation beyond reputePredator5K4 has a reputation beyond reputePredator5K4 has a reputation beyond reputePredator5K4 has a reputation beyond reputePredator5K4 has a reputation beyond reputePredator5K4 has a reputation beyond reputePredator5K4 has a reputation beyond reputePredator5K4 has a reputation beyond reputePredator5K4 has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2010, 01:48 PM

That's where mine is.

Old
  (#9)
TSW
AzB Silver Member
TSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond reputeTSW has a reputation beyond repute

Thumbs up 01-25-2010, 01:48 PM

You live alone in a three-bedroom house? That means you have two spare bedrooms -- enough room for a 9-foot AND either a snooker table or a 3-cushion table. What are you waiting for?!

Playing cue: Russ Espiritu wrapless with OB-1 shaft.
Break cue: Gilbert J/B.
Other cues: Yes.

Old
  (#10)
ridewiththewind
♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
ridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond reputeridewiththewind has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2010, 01:53 PM

If I had a pool table in my living room...I'd never leave the house!

My house is tiny....seriously, like 750 sq ft. There is no way I can put a table in if I wanted too...and I want to! So, instead, we added a 2nd floor to the shop and put it in there. The shop is about 50 ft from the house...so it's not a big deal to go out and play...and we do...but having it in the house would have made both of us happier.

There is something to be said for being able to play in your pajamas!!!

Lisa

There are 350 varieties of shark, not counting loan and pool.
L. M. Boyd

What's the point of havin' a rapier wit if I can't use it to stab people?
- Jeph Jacques

Old
  (#11)
Perk
AzB Silver Member
Perk has a reputation beyond reputePerk has a reputation beyond reputePerk has a reputation beyond reputePerk has a reputation beyond reputePerk has a reputation beyond reputePerk has a reputation beyond reputePerk has a reputation beyond reputePerk has a reputation beyond reputePerk has a reputation beyond reputePerk has a reputation beyond reputePerk has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 120

01-25-2010, 01:54 PM

Probably should go ahead and buy it now and get it all setup. That way when you get the livin GF she will have a spot for the laundry to sit on.

- I never go looking for a sucker, I look for champions and make a sucker out of them."Amarillo Slim

Old
  (#12)
runout1961
Ecclesiastes Ch. 12: 1-7
runout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond reputerunout1961 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 2900

01-25-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftgokie View Post
Current fire code says you cannot have a 9' pool table in your living room. Also, it states you cannot drink beer while playing on your table if it were to be in the living room. I believe there is a large fine if you are caught with a table in the middle of your living room. I would contact the current Sherrifs Dept and turn yourself in IMMEDIATELY for even having such thoughts....Shame on you!
Haaaa fire codes. In 30 days fire codes will be the last thing on my mind!!!!!! LOL

Well damn, I should have known better than to ask this question on this site

Old
  (#13)
TheBook
Ret Professional Goof Off
TheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond reputeTheBook has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2010, 01:57 PM

Some years back we were looking into buying a larger house. I had a 1000 sq ft ranch and a 9 table in the basement. The new house was 2000 sq ft but the way it was laid out the table woudn't fit inot the basement. Guess where the only place the table would fit. In the living room. My wife was fine with that. Didn't buy the house because of a few other issues.

There are no "rules" on where you put anything. A friend of ours made their living room into the master bedroom after the kids moved out because they wanted a large bedroom. The living room was basically wasted space because they always used the family room.

Old
  (#14)
9 on the snap
Budweiser fears me
9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute9 on the snap has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2010, 02:03 PM

I have had a Gold Crown IV with the matching light in my livingroom for four years, and it was the best thing I ever did. The second best thing was the draft Budweiser in the kitchen. My girlfriend who lives with me is not crazy about it, but she knows it is not going anywhere, and neither is the draft beer, as they both get plenty of use. For Christmas we had our families over for dinner, and we all ate off the pool table, as we don't have a dining room table. You can easily fit 12 people around a 9ft gold crown. After dinner I took the cover off and played $5 9ball with her brothers, and cleaned them out! It was a Merry Chrismas indeed.

Old
  (#15)
deebee53
AzB Silver Member
deebee53 has a reputation beyond reputedeebee53 has a reputation beyond reputedeebee53 has a reputation beyond reputedeebee53 has a reputation beyond reputedeebee53 has a reputation beyond reputedeebee53 has a reputation beyond reputedeebee53 has a reputation beyond reputedeebee53 has a reputation beyond reputedeebee53 has a reputation beyond reputedeebee53 has a reputation beyond reputedeebee53 has a reputation beyond repute

01-25-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator5K4 View Post
That's where mine is.
+1

Do it!

Page 1 of 5 1 23 Last »

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: