JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Another option

Try this out. See if the table will fit in the master bedroom and you could take one of the other bedrooms.

That way, if you do bring a lady friend over, she won't know you are a pooloholic like the rest of us until it's too late. :D

If that doesn't work, you always have the nuclear option.

Hope this helps.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
You would be absolutely out of your mind if you put a pool table in your livingroom...put it in mine. :wink:

Schwinn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool table in the "living room" is not tacky. In fact, in a smaller house I believe this is the only thing that makes sense. Pool table in the garage is tackier. Go for it!

Travis Bickle

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I got my GC I from a guy who had it in his living room. Gal pal was right there with him, taking it apart. Seemed like it was a sad day in the life.

But hey, nothin' lasts forever. At least you live out where there is room to roam and you have hope of getting another place with a decent-sized basement when the time comes. Chances like that are few and far-between around NYC for those of us who ain't tycoons. Go for it!

Caromsoft

"Your Break...Big Brain!"
Silver Member
I got my GC I from a guy who had it in his living room. Gal pal was right there with him, taking it apart. Seemed like it was a sad day in the life.
The same thing happened to me when I purchased my Connelly. The owner originally had it in his living room when he was single...then he got the wife. She made him move it to a loft, then get rid of it. I could tell it was a very sad day for him.

taunt

Registered
Once upon a time, a guy asked a beautiful girl "Will you marry me?" The girl said, 'NO!'

And the guy lived happily ever after and rode motorcycles, played POOL in the Living Room, went fishing and hunting, played golf a lot, drank beer and scotch, had tons of money in the bank, left the toilet seat up and farted whenever he wanted.

The End

:thumbup: Yeah that!:cool:

Congrats on the new table

Last edited:

JMD in VA

It's All Good!
Silver Member
Yessssssssssss!

Congrats on the table and the decision, John!

Now, we do expect pictures of the table after it's in.

Can't wait!

:):smile::p:cool:

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks guys!!!! I'll be sure to post a couple pics when the time comes.

John

Congrats on the new table. Mine will be delivered on Feb 9th. But it's a Brunswick. Hind sight being 20/20 I would have found a 9 foot. We decided to make the Living room and dining room a game room. (there open to each other) When I put the deposit on the table we was just going to sell the dining table and put it there and rearrange the living room a little to give a little more room. O well I still have a 8 footer and not a 7 footer. :)

royzornow

Registered
I live in a 300 s.f. 5th floor walkup apt. in NYC. I have a 2.5' x 5' foldable pool table in my living room. It's actually made pretty well, I bought it from Hammacher Schlemmer, but the size prevents any "real" pool action. Still I can practice draw, follow, combos, etc., and it makes me feel good to look at it when I come home.

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Good job!

I live in a 300 s.f. 5th floor walkup apt. in NYC. I have a 2.5' x 5' foldable pool table in my living room. It's actually made pretty well, I bought it from Hammacher Schlemmer, but the size prevents any "real" pool action. Still I can practice draw, follow, combos, etc., and it makes me feel good to look at it when I come home.

You do what you gotta do! I applaud you!! :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Debbie R

A New Stance Technique
Silver Member
Hey Folks, I'm coming home soon and it has always been a dream of mine to have a pool table in my house. I have a nice 3 bedroom ranch house in Texas and the only way for me to have a pool table is to partially convert the garage. Besides the cost of doing this I REALLY do not want to give up my garage nor do I care to accumulate more debt by putting an addition onto the house.

Orrrrrr I can put a nice 9 footer in the living room? I am 26 and single. Right now it would not be a problem. Obviously later when I have a family we would move to a bigger house anyway. In your opinion is this too tacky or bachelor esque'? I could easily turn either the master bedroom or one of the spare bedrooms into the new "living room". This would only be temporary until I move to a bigger house in the future.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John
I don't think it is crazy. Mine is in two rooms, I positioned it through the doorway in my living room and den. It cost too much to knock down the wall so I just made sure to get one with a ball return. Also, that way I didn't have to compromise on getting a 9 footer. The table mechanic told me if the doorway was a 1/2 inch smaller it would never have fit....

onepocketron

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Been there, done that and loved it. Made one of the extra bedrooms a "TV" room and had the 9 footer in the livingroom. I was very happy with this set up, and at the time, I was single as well.

SlimShafty

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations! Now you have a real living room, playing pool is living! I have family and friends who have large living rooms and seriously
nobody can even sit down, it's only to be used for guest, what the heck is that? I'll tell you, a HUGE waste of space...lol

Your did the right thing!

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member

Cool! :groucho: ....taking advantage of what's available!!

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
i think you should do it. I would have put mine in the living room if it would have fit, instead I knocked a wall down in the garage so I could have a gameroom. Now i have to park my vehicle outside in the elements, but it is well worth it!! I am going to try to post a pic of it. (first time posting a pic on this forum, so hopefully I will get it right)

Erica Testa

Kudo's to you too!! :groucho: