Maniac

2manyQ's
Silver Member
runout,

By all means put the table in your living room!!! FWIW, I am 56-plus years old, married, live in a 1500 sq. ft. house and I put an 8-footer in my living room. Made a small den out of one of the spare bedrooms (kids are all grown and out of the house). Now, we spend more time shooting pool than we do watching television. Smartest thing I ever did!!!

When you begin the search for a significant other, find one that has an interest in the game and I'll bet you can keep the table up at least until you start to have kids.

Maniac

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
My table is in the living room, its the first thing you see when entering the house. And I'm married... Who uses a formal living room nowadays anyways? Before putting a table in there, we never used the space.

4259084349_18a1073825_m.jpg

4259120501_3a46982fb4_m.jpg

jgpool

Cue ball draw with this?
Silver Member
Pecking order!

I have had a Gold Crown IV with the matching light in my livingroom for four years, and it was the best thing I ever did. The second best thing was the draft Budweiser in the kitchen. My girlfriend who lives with me is not crazy about it, but she knows it is not going anywhere, and neither is the draft beer, as they both get plenty of use. For Christmas we had our families over for dinner, and we all ate off the pool table, as we don't have a dining room table. You can easily fit 12 people around a 9ft gold crown. After dinner I took the cover off and played $5 9ball with her brothers, and cleaned them out! It was a Merry Chrismas in:grin:deed.

Pecking order in the pool room! That is what everyone understands but wants to change! You outplayed your potential inlaws, congrats to you. :):) A few extra $$ at Christmas time is always welcome. :)

asmith74

Where I pay homage
Silver Member
"I am 26 and single"

Enough said, do it and get a keg fridge while you're at it. enjoy!

illusivetrout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I put a 5x10 three cushion table in my living room and I love it.I'm 60 and now single,I haved worked hard all my life and now it's time for me.As long as it does not put you in debt I say go for it.I really enjoy my table.

mantis99

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it would be awesome, especially if you make another room the living room. I had a friend who had a nice 9' table in his living room, but he also had a couch and tv. Made for a great room that really looked nice.

James2003

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Folks, I'm coming home soon and it has always been a dream of mine to have a pool table in my house. I have a nice 3 bedroom ranch house in Texas and the only way for me to have a pool table is to partially convert the garage. Besides the cost of doing this I REALLY do not want to give up my garage nor do I care to accumulate more debt by putting an addition onto the house.

Orrrrrr I can put a nice 9 footer in the living room? I am 26 and single. Right now it would not be a problem. Obviously later when I have a family we would move to a bigger house anyway. In your opinion is this too tacky or bachelor esque'? I could easily turn either the master bedroom or one of the spare bedrooms into the new "living room". This would only be temporary until I move to a bigger house in the future.

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, John

I say do it. I am married and I am putting one in my dining room. Yep selling the table we never use and putting a pool table there. I will have the table in about 2 weeks or less. If I don't sell the table by then no big deal I will store it back in the spare bedroom

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have heard from greater minds than mine ... but I agree with the DO IT mentality! I gave my GF the spare bedroom and the living room, I took over the den.

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc327/Bullcroak/poolroom.jpg

The only time I woke her up was when I used my phenolic tip break cue and really cracked the heck out of them... other than that she sleeps through my late night playing.

Basically, just do it, have fun!

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
One of my Pool Playing friends has a 9' Diamond Pro in his garage and the humidity/cold weather is destroying it while (upstairs) he has at least 3k sq. ft. of living space.

His wife refuses to let him have the table upstairs even though just the two of them occupy that huge home. Their formal living room is NEVER used, as they never entertain more than a couple of people, and it would accommodate a 6' x 12' Snooker Table easily.

I say YES, your table belongs in the living room if that's the only room large enough.
The days of social gatherings in folks living rooms are a thing of the past. NO one "entertains" anymore, so those large rooms are just for show. Put yours to good use.

If my friend had some "real balls" and not just a set of Centennials his table would be in a climate controlled area of the house and sitting level instead of jacked up on one end due to the slant of the garage floor. What a waste of a beautiful pool table.

Last edited:

stevo_12v

Me thinks you may have already made a decision and you are fishing for confirmation that you made the right (and no brainer) choice. lol.

If you haven't already, Buy the table. in a few months, wrestle with the "why didn't I do this sooner?" question.

Congratulations!!! This is great news for you!!! So,, have you picked out a name for it? Do you know what color you will paint your new babies room? WHat color felt are you going to dress it in when you bring it home?? Very exciting indeed, a new family member!

Haha, I just recently moved into my 500sq/ft apartment(Northbridge) in the city/nightclub district here in Perth, West Aust. I was very excited to pick up my table last month, haven't even painted the room yet still deciding on colour :D
Here is a pic(s) (sorry bout the size):
20091224358.jpg

20091228384.jpg

Its a very tight fit, break ball sits near the blinds.. have a small 'kiddie' cue for breaking. For tough shots have to open up the sliding doors(which will be replaced with french style 'bi-folds' to open up the area).
No regrets about buying it, and it will probably save you more $$ in the long run playing at home.

As someone else mentioned - if your still single and you bring a lady back to your place at least she will know that you are serious about pool :)

Caromsoft

"Your Break...Big Brain!"
Silver Member
Haha, I just recently moved into my 500sq/ft apartment(Northbridge) in the city/nightclub district here in Perth, West Aust. I was very excited to pick up my table last month, haven't even painted the room yet still deciding on colour :D
Here is a pic(s) (sorry bout the size):
20091224358.jpg

20091228384.jpg

Its a very tight fit, break ball sits near the blinds.. have a small 'kiddie' cue for breaking. For tough shots have to open up the sliding doors(which will be replaced with french style 'bi-folds' to open up the area).
No regrets about buying it, and it will probably save you more $$ in the long run playing at home.

As someone else mentioned - if your still single and you bring a lady back to your place at least she will know that you are serious about pool :)

That's dedication! Do you sleep on it as well!? :)

To the original poster, my table is in my living room...looks great in there!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Folks, I'm coming home soon and it has always been a dream of mine to have a pool table in my house. I have a nice 3 bedroom ranch house in Texas and the only way for me to have a pool table is to partially convert the garage. Besides the cost of doing this I REALLY do not want to give up my garage nor do I care to accumulate more debt by putting an addition onto the house.

Orrrrrr I can put a nice 9 footer in the living room? I am 26 and single. Right now it would not be a problem. Obviously later when I have a family we would move to a bigger house anyway. In your opinion is this too tacky or bachelor esque'? I could easily turn either the master bedroom or one of the spare bedrooms into the new "living room". This would only be temporary until I move to a bigger house in the future.

Thanks, John

John, That's no "living room", that IS a poolroom! Now you're really LIVING! I bought my house in 2004 just because it had a living room large enough to put a nine footer in. True story. :thumbup:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sounds great Jay!!!! I'm sold on the idea. Now I need to find a 9ft Diamond Pro-Am with pro cut poskets and matching light delivered and set up at my house between March 1-9. Let the search begin...........

I know where there's one for sale in Vegas. Perfect condition. PM me if interested.

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i live in a 1,000 sq ft apartment above a garage right next to my 91 (soon to be 92) dear old dads house. when i expanded the garage/apartment from 700 sqft to 1000 sqft in the fall of 2007 it was done primarily to have the pool table upstairs in the living area and also this way i dont have to keep going up and down the stairs.

If you have a TV in your living area just make sure its up high enough where you can see it and that there's no way you can hit a ball into it. sometimes one can lose control of a break shot, and the ball flies off the table.

DCP

RBLilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Thanks, John

I had a 4 bedroom house that I did exactly this in! I was even married and she was ok with it! We put the pool table in the living room, and then made one of the bedrooms a TV room with my big screen and surround sound.

The next house that I moved into the table and the living room could all fit in the living room! It was a huge living room!

The next place I lived was a one bedroom apartment where the table fit in the living room, and my bedroom was a livingroom with a pull out couch! (My bachelor pad! LOL)

Now sadly to say I am in another apartment and the good old table is in storage (climate controlled!) Bout to marry the current girlfriend and we want to buy a house!

Eventually I will buy a house and put the table in a den, or build a den.

In my opinion sir it is your house! Do what you want with it, and what ever makes you happy! Who cares what anyone else says? And besides if you find a girl that is cool with the table in the living room then she is probably a keeper! LOL:thumbup:

erica

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i think you should do it. I would have put mine in the living room if it would have fit, instead I knocked a wall down in the garage so I could have a gameroom. Now i have to park my vehicle outside in the elements, but it is well worth it!! I am going to try to post a pic of it. (first time posting a pic on this forum, so hopefully I will get it right)

Erica Testa

Attachments

• light install 007.jpg
    light install 007.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 1,112
  • light install 010.jpg
    light install 010.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 591

J.T.450r

Chesapeake Custom Cues
Silver Member

Thanks, John

What about a fusion table by arimiath? http://www.fusiontables.com/en/index.php/2007061431/Concept/Pictures-Gallery.html
I have never played on one of these so i dont know what thay are like but its worth fininding out. Dining room table, pool table and poker table all in one.

Last edited: