New Native American themed case

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
Greetings,

I just received a case from a seller I lucked upon while browsing on the 'bay:

front_zps4ebe415f.jpg

100_2831_zpsc8740f16.jpg

I hesitated to post about it, because, well, I wouldn't want everyone to have one. :cool:

but... that would be selfish.

This is a way-cool case. A few years ago, I actually purchased materials (leather, tools, etc.) to make a case I had been thinking about for a while. If I could have pressed the 'Print' button on my brain, this is the picture that would have popped out of my mind's printer.

The lady that made it goes by 'greenegglady' on ebay. She has another case out there right now, but you better hurry, because I just might grab that one too. :grin:

Since I just got it, it's a little difficult to review it. As a piece of art, it speaks for itself. It is beautiful, and has a very authentic look and feel about it (i.e., its Native American-ness).

I will defer giving my opinion of it as a cue case until after I have used it for a while.

Thank you, greenegglady!

- s.west

Last edited:

bigshooter

<--vs Chuck Norris on TAR
Silver Member
That's funny... I had that case in my watch list on the bay. Thought about buying it. :grin:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They have been listing such cases for a while...they don't seem to be selling well. I have been very curious about them.

A review would be nice when you get the chance.

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
They have been listing such cases for a while...they don't seem to be selling well. I have been very curious about them.

A review would be nice when you get the chance.

Definitely. I can tell you a few things right now.

It's not rigid, but it is stiff (some of you probably know what I mean :wink:).

The inner lining is really cushy, like a JB interior, and made with a satin material. It is removable. Sizewise, 3x6 might be pushing it a little, I think, at least for this particular case, but 2x4 or 2x5 will definitely work fine. However, the fact is, I have only put 1x2 in it so far. I haven't loaded it up yet.

I'll take it to league on Wednesday, and I'll report more after.

One thing is certain, this is not a case that you would just throw into the back seat, or throw under the pool table while you play. I'm going to have to be as careful with this case as I am with my cues... but, then, that was my expectation all along.

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
Dang! I didn't even get to see it before it was sold... are there any pics anywhere else?

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
Review

The following is an e-mail I sent to the maker of the case. It stands as my review with an addition afterward.

I'd like to offer some criticisms about the case (and I'm also going to put a review in my azbilliards forum post: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=289447).

Please take these strictly as constructive, and only offered in case you haven't thought of these issues yourself, and are interested in tweaking future cases to account for them

Also, be assured that I love the case. If I only hung it on a wall and admired it from time to time, that would be sufficient for me. I use it as my primary case right now. No, it's not as functional or practical as my Justis, or my Talisman (I have a few cases ;-), and I recognize that I must treat it with as much care as I do the cues that go into it, but that's ok, because none of my other cases can approach the oooh- and wow-factor that this case brings.

The pouch is not really conducive to carrying anything that's not flat, or flattish. Once it begins to expand from holding stuff, the magnet ceases to work, because it can't line up. This means I have to carry a separate bag for odds & ends (I'm specifically thinking of a Cue Claw, if you're familiar). If there was some way to incorporate pleats into it, so that it could expand to hold objects with a little dimension, that would be a big improvement.

Now I don't know about your other cases, but for this one I only managed to get 3 butts and 5 shafts, into it. And that was really (!) tight. The 6th just wouldn't fit. And, then, even with 3B and 5S, the closure mechanism (which is very clever, by the way) is nearly unusable. Now, I'm not a 3x6 kinda guy, so for me this is a non-issue. In fact, if you had offered a 2x4 option for your insert, I would have probably chosen it. I don't carry a jump cue, so I will probably always use it as a 2x3 (playing cue + 2 shafts, and break cue).

Other than those two criticisms, that is it. As a piece of Art, the appearance of the case is beyond my criticism. In that way it stands on its own, and is faithful to its Native American inspiration.

After I sent this review, I noticed (actually, my brother noticed) that there is an additional jump butt pouch (cleverly hidden) on the side away from the main pouch. This increases the case's utility a notch.

Beautiful case. I enjoy it immensely.

swest

goldmember
Silver Member
p.s. I'll post a couple of additional pictures of the interior and the jump butt pouch later.

kale73

kale73
Silver Member
I received a greenegglady case for Christmas this year. I could not be happier. It is true, you do have to be careful and cautious but I am with all my cues anyway. What annoys me the most is my teammates reactions to the beaver pelt on my case. bunch of perverts that they are.....

Player Rick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kate (greenegglady) is a very nice woman who makes these mostly at night in her spare time, I currently have one on order and I must say, she has great ideas to help the creative process along, and really takes the time to work out the details before beginning. I'll post pics when it arrives, (with her permission). I'm a new poster here, so I can't post links, but you can find more of her work at Native Encasements dot com.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
More Like A Tapestry

The cue case is admittedly unique and I know I'm in the minority since I'm undoubtedly one of the few that doesn't care for it as a pool case. It's more suited as wall art because I agree that the case is pretty.....but that's about as far as I can go. These cases are on e-Bay all the time or at least have been for the past year. I've seen them every month and each case has been pretty but as a pool case, I have to give it a "Thumbs Down" rating versus "Thumbs Up" ratings for any John Barton case or any 3x7 Instroke Hard Leather Case.

I also appreciate and admire fancy cues but sometimes the cue-maker's design goes too far and then the cue belongs more on a wall for display purposes instead of being played. This case is more suited to be hung on a wall in a room that has a southwestern motif and speaking personally, it's just not my cup of tea because there just are too many other more functional and attractive leather cue cases available to choose from.

Last edited: