Proposed TAR - TOI VS NO AIMING SYSTEM

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha folks,

I think an interesting TAR matchup would be C.J. WIley vs Chris Bartram in an "old school 2-shot roll out" game.

I don't know which player is the better shooter at this point in time, but it would be interesting to see the strategies played out in a match like this.

Anybody else out there that would like to see this?

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Aloha folks,

I think an interesting TAR matchup would be C.J. WIley vs Chris Bartram in an "old school 2-shot roll out" game.

I don't know which player is the better shooter at this point in time, but it would be interesting to see the strategies played out in a match like this.

No .

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I believe it's a HUGE mistake to endorse a game that you can win on a safety

Aloha folks,

Two Shot Shoot Out is definately 10 times more interesting to watch, and there's some Texas streamers that may put on such an event. I could write a 200 page book on how to play "Shoot Out" and it would only take a half a page to describe how to play "One Foul".

Anyone that's played both will agree at some level with this statement. There's really not much strategy playing "One Foul" and there's no other sport that has a "Ball in Hand" rule and it would be equally silly in golf, tennis, football, baseball, hockey, etc......I believe it's a HUGE mistake to endorse a game that you can win on a safety (to get "ball in hand" for an easy run out and not have to make a critical shot), and not have to make the necessary shots. With the lack of popularity of pool in the last 13 years I'm under the impression that most people would agree.....they just may not know why.

MahnaMahna

Beefcake. BEEFCAKE!!
Silver Member
Chris will beat CJ in any game at the moment. If CJ was still in his prime, it would probably be an exciting match to watch.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Chris has a "Cult Following" here on the AZ Forum

Chris will beat CJ in any game at the moment. If CJ was still in his prime, it would probably be an exciting match to watch.

I "real eyes" Chris has a "Cult Following" here on the AZ Forum so I would be the underdog for sure. As far as "any" game, I would presume you're' talking pool games. If someone thinks they can spot me anything I'm all ears......and although I'm primarily playing "other" games right now, I could be temped to start playing pool again.

Playing me Shoot Out is a totally different experience than playing me One Foul.....I was just an average "One Foul Player," but a shade above average at "Two Shot Shoot Out".

Even Efren admits that every time he wins a One Foul game he "Just Got Lucky"....and I would agree that without luck you CAN NOT win a One Foul Ball in Hand tournament no matter who well you play.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I "real eyes" Chris has a "Cult Following" here on the AZ Forum so I would be the underdog for sure. As far as "any" game, I would presume you're' talking pool games. If someone thinks they can spot me anything I'm all ears......and although I'm primarily playing "other" games right now, I could be temped to start playing pool again.

Playing me Shoot Out is a totally different experience than playing me One Foul.....I was just an average "One Foul Player," but a shade above average at "Two Shot Shoot Out".

Even Efren admits that every time he wins a One Foul game he "Just Got Lucky"....and I would agree that without luck you CAN NOT win a One Foul Ball in Hand tournament no matter who well you play.

I Will spot you the last 2 playing 10 ball like we play today

And ill give you 9 8 playing 1 pocket

Either game ill play at the us open or in Indy

1 man and no aiming system

prad

Flip the coin
Silver Member
Where I can find the rules for 2-shot shoot out ?? I recently started playing pool so this is the first time I have heard of it.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I like this match up

waiting and wondering what CJ's reply will be.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I maybe am reading between the lines here, but I think you are saying you would have a "better chance" of beating him with the last 2 than you would with two-shot rollout.

If that is the case, would you please elaborate? Are you saying that even though you think you can beat him with the last 2 spot, you don't trust your chances playing EVEN when the two-shot strategies are employed in the game?

Do you think C.J. can outsmart you in a game that requires a higher level of thinking than one foul, ball in hand?

I don't know which of you would win, but I think it would be an interesting matchup.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member

Attachments

• CricketsChirpDVD.jpg
    CricketsChirpDVD.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,617
  • nuts $.jpg
    nuts $.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 2,609
  • nuts.jpg
    nuts.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 2,606

SMG

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two Shot Shoot Out is definately 10 times more interesting to watch, and there's some Texas streamers that may put on such an event. I could write a 200 page book on how to play "Shoot Out" and it would only take a half a page to describe how to play "One Foul".

Anyone that's played both will agree at some level with this statement. There's really not much strategy playing "One Foul" and there's no other sport that has a "Ball in Hand" rule and it would be equally silly in golf, tennis, football, baseball, hockey, etc......I believe it's a HUGE mistake to endorse a game that you can win on a safety (to get "ball in hand" for an easy run out and not have to make a critical shot), and not have to make the necessary shots. With the lack of popularity of pool in the last 13 years I'm under the impression that most people would agree.....they just may not know why.

Ball in Hand is equivalent to a turnover in Football, or a Balk in baseball or a penalty in Hockey. If a player makes a mistake they deserved to be punished.

In the major sports the team that wins is 80-90% of the time the team that makes the least mistakes.

You're in Texas. Just ask Tony Romo.

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
I maybe am reading between the lines here, but I think you are saying you would have a "better chance" of beating him with the last 2 than you would with two-shot rollout.

If that is the case, would you please elaborate? Are you saying that even though you think you can beat him with the last 2 spot, you don't trust your chances playing EVEN when the two-shot strategies are employed in the game?

Do you think C.J. can outsmart you in a game that requires a higher level of thinking than one foul, ball in hand?

I don't know which of you would win, but I think it would be an interesting matchup.
Maybe because I have never played those rules

PocketSpeed11

AzB Long Member
Silver Member
I'm only interested in seeing guys in their primes. Bartram vs 90s Wiley would be a great matchup though.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gene Albrecht said he would play CJ Wiley 2 foul pushout 9 ball. Even. Lets get it on. :D

Ray

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Gene Albrecht said he would play CJ Wiley 2 foul pushout 9 ball. Even. Lets get it on. :D

Ray

I got Gene.

Then I'll dump the rail (or will I?)

I need a backer. Who's in? I'll wear orange and hold my breath.

Comeon... CJ is out of the pool playing biz right now. Ain't gonna happen anytime soon, I get it (unless someone calls CJ a name and he chooses to see past TOI and Mary, in which case, watch out)