Proposed TAR - TOI VS NO AIMING SYSTEM

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Um he is not physically handicapped or otherwise prevented from getting into fighting shape.

Mosconi came back after years of retirement to finish second in a world class event with the best players in it.

*Mike Lebron and Buddy Hall both won the US Open after 50.

images

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
My predictions...

Bunch of BS posts from CJ about why he can't play Bartrum. Then he will pretend to step up so he can market the shit out of TOI, and then duck at the last minute for some "unforeseen" reason...

I REALLY hope I'm wrong on the top one. If they actually play, the smooth criminal will POUND CJ even. Chris is a world beater whether anyone wants to admit it or not. That kid ran out on 4" pockets like they were buckets on a valley.

I'd love to see this match up. I like to watch Bartrum play anyone! Maybe if Kelly Fisher is around at the open or Indy, we could finally see that match up!!! I know you were thinking it JB! ;););)

best,

Justin

real bartram

Real Cold Steel
Silver Member
My predictions...

Bunch of BS posts from CJ about why he can't play Bartrum. Then he will pretend to step up so he can market the shit out of TOI, and then duck at the last minute for some "unforeseen" reason...

I REALLY hope I'm wrong on the top one. If they actually play, the smooth criminal will POUND CJ even. Chris is a world beater whether anyone wants to admit it or not. That kid ran out on 4" pockets like they were buckets on a valley.

I'd love to see this match up. I like to watch Bartrum play anyone! Maybe if Kelly Fisher is around at the open or Indy, we could finally see that match up!!! I know you were thinking it JB! ;););)

best,

Justin
Thanks for the props on my game

Ill be at the us open ready to gamble with anyone who will make a fair game

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member
What have you seen? A few events. What about him makes you think he can't play that level again?

You are joking right? First off, "from what have seen" makes no reference to what could be at some point in the future, so the point was not made that CJ couldn't one day. I don't think he could though, but what intelligent person would think that CJ can play anywhere near Earl or JA's level today right now.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
You are joking right? First off, "from what have seen" makes no reference to what could be at some point in the future, so the point was not made that CJ couldn't one day. I don't think he could though, but what intelligent person would think that CJ can play anywhere near Earl or JA's level today right now.

You know the funny thing about all this is that it's ALL speculative. Jimmy Moore was still running 100 balls a day into his 80s.

All I am saying is that it's POSSIBLE that in POOL a former champion could return to championship form. It's been done before and there is no reason to think it can't be done again.

Many of you live in a world where you flat out think things are IMPOSSIBLE. But none of you have ever been a champion in your lives so how would you know what that level is like and what it takes to get there.

I am betting it's far easier for a former champion IN POOL to return to Championship form then it is in other sports if properly motivated AND if they are physically able.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
My predictions...

best,

Justin

Then if they play you can bet your Volturi case and I will bet a JB Case on the outcome :)

Bart plays super strong we know that. I don't predict a blowout and I have to believe that if CJ believes he will be ready then he will be.

I don't care if Kelly plays or not. What she does is up to her. My views on that have been made clear a dozen times. I like taking the underdog which is why I bet on Gene, with odds.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll play anyone in the world Two Shot Shoot Out in Ft. Worth Texas.

I Will spot you the last 2 playing 10 ball like we play today

And ill give you 9 8 playing 1 pocket

Either game ill play at the us open or in Indy

1 man and no aiming system

I won't be at the US Open or Indy anytime soon. We're in lease negotiations right now to open up a multi million dollar billiard club in Ft. Worth. I've tried to play more pool, but without being involved in a pool room I don't have the incentive to play enough.

Two Shot Shoot Out is the game of the future and I'll play anyone in the world Two Shot Shoot Out in Ft. Worth Texas. This doesn't just mean Chris, it means anyone that comes here will get action for $100 a game and when my Billiard Club opens I'll bet higher.....much higher. I just need 3 days notice to get a few hours of practice in so it won't take me so long to "get in dead stroke".

We will be streaming matches and producing TV Events this coming year and hopefully it will lead to something worth while. "One Foul Ball in Hand" rules will be a "thing of the past" in 10 years is my prediction. 'The Game is the Teacher'

Last edited:

supergreenman

truly addicted
Silver Member
I maybe am reading between the lines here, but I think you are saying you would have a "better chance" of beating him with the last 2 than you would with two-shot rollout.

If that is the case, would you please elaborate? Are you saying that even though you think you can beat him with the last 2 spot, you don't trust your chances playing EVEN when the two-shot strategies are employed in the game?

Do you think C.J. can outsmart you in a game that requires a higher level of thinking than one foul, ball in hand?

I don't know which of you would win, but I think it would be an interesting matchup.

I see Chris giving CJ the nuts here and all you can say is you think he's afraid to play by some antiquated rules?

You're delusional.

SouthernDraw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FFT from current thread...

Thanks for the props on my game

Ill be at the us open ready to gamble with anyone who will make a fair game

Would love to see McCready get into shape and make a game with you. Old, "Old School" gambler pitted against Young, "Old School" gambler. Both of your games are fun to watch. From a wager side, it would be difficult to bet against you on that. But, then again, it would also be difficult to imagine betting against KM on anything. Wow!

To not hi-jack thread, CJ would be best served to keep it at short races (to-13) and a freeze on the winnings. IMO, early doesn't matter for your game. You get stronger the longer you play. His stamina would take years to build up in order to match your late game.

Daren...stuck at work for the Open :(

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Then if they play you can bet your Volturi case and I will bet a JB Case on the outcome :)

Bart plays super strong we know that. I don't predict a blowout and I have to believe that if CJ believes he will be ready then he will be.

I don't care if Kelly plays or not. What she does is up to her. My views on that have been made clear a dozen times. I like taking the underdog which is why I bet on Gene, with odds.

I might be up for this if it happens.

With the Kelly thing, I was just getting a little ribbing in on you John. It's not very easy to do these days! (P.S. I'd love to see them play!)

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have it from a good source that he actually means that he got lucky because he doesn't have to play by 2 foul rules, they suck.

All due respect sir, but the 'one foul' rule (aka, Texas Express) is what eventually killed 9ball...'Two shot foul' rules, make for a MUCH better more challenging, spectator pleasing game !...90% of all the top 9 baller's, from Buddy Hall on down, have always detested the one foul rule !

That's why we are playing 10 ball now, but its basically the same boring game, with, even more chances to hide the cue ball, and get ball in hand !..That's what makes the 'one foul' rule REALLY suck !..Might as well be playing snooker, only the penalties are FAR more severe ! (ie; one snooker usually means loss of game)

Anyone who has played the game BOTH ways knows this to be a fact..It is only the younger guy's, (from about Bartrum's age on down) who tend to think otherwise, simply because its the only way they've ever played !

PS..I am a little biased, but I think it has caused many top players to quit the boring rotation games, and concentrate on the BEST game on a pool table...One Pocket !

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
All due respect sir, but the 'one foul' rule (aka, Texas Express) is what eventually killed 9ball...'Two shot foul' rules, make for a MUCH better more challenging, spectator pleasing game !...90% of all the top 9 baller's, from Buddy Hall on down, have always detested the one foul rule !

That's why we are playing 10 ball now, but its basically the same boring game, with, even more chances to hide the cue ball, and get ball in hand !..That's what makes the 'one foul' rule REALLY suck !..Might as well be playing snooker, only the penalties are FAR more severe ! (ie; one snooker usually means loss of game)

Anyone who has played the game BOTH ways knows this to be a fact..It is only the younger guy's, (from about Bartrum's age on down) who tend to think otherwise, simply because its the only way they've ever played !

PS..I am a little biased, but I think it has caused many top players to quit the boring rotation games, and concentrate on the BEST game on a pool table...One Pocket !

Same to you, all due respect, but weren't Texas Express rules created for the soul purpose of making the game more friendly for TV? It was designed to speed the game up and make it watchable.

Any one with common sense knows that pool is tough to watch, especially for those not in the fanatic crowd. If 2 foul is better for viewing pleasure, then 1 pocket is what you would see on TV. 1 pocket is FAR more interesting to me than 9ball, but even the average pool player, and even 1p enthusiasts struggle to watch it on stream...

All the best,

Justin

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just ask Buddy Hall, Earl Strickland, Johnny Archer, Dennis Hatch, etc.

I see Chris giving CJ the nuts here and all you can say is you think he's afraid to play by some antiquated rules?

You're delusional.

"Two Shot Shoot Out" is the best rules ever made, if you knew the history of how and why they changed to "One Foul Ball in Hand and Never Have to Use Strategy Rules" you would agree.

Two Shot Shoot Out rules are substantially better than "Ball in Hand Rules" and I'd be willing to bet $10,000 I can prove it beyond any doubt in a public debate.

One Foul's like playing PUTT PUTT
th
and Two Shot Shoot Out is like playing "The Masters" in Augusta on the last day going down the stretch battling for each shot.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
"Two Shot Shoot Out" is the best rules ever made, if you knew the history of how and why they changed to "One Foul Ball in Hand and Never Have to Use Strategy Rules" you would agree.

Two Shot Shoot Out rules are substantially better than "Ball in Hand Rules" and I'd be willing to bet $10,000 I can prove it beyond any doubt in a public debate.

th
and Two Shot Shoot Out is like playing "The Masters" in Augusta on the last day going down the stretch battling for each shot.

So where has this been getting played at the last 20-30 years?

I'm not saying 1 foul is better or easier, but sustainable over 9ball as we know it? You'd have an easier argument for Bonus Ball! Here's your public forum. Please, wow me. (I'd love to here it, genuinely!!! Seems like everyone of you guys with "the next big thing" in pool NEVER wants to share...)

I agree that it's a better way to play, but I'd rather WATCH or PLAY 1P at that point.

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member

th

CJ, you need to get exposed to Joe Tucker's American Rotation. Loads of opportunity for great shots and great safeties, and good decision making is required to win!

Comparing any 9/10 ball to American Rotation would be like comparing putt putt to championship golf!

Ken

p.s. I prefer two shot over one shot ALL day long!

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
So where has this been getting played at the last 20-30 years?

I'm not saying 1 foul is better or easier, but sustainable over 9ball as we know it? You'd have an easier argument for Bonus Ball! Here's your public forum. Please, wow me. (I'd love to here it, genuinely!!! Seems like everyone of you guys with "the next big thing" in pool NEVER wants to share...)

I agree that it's a better way to play, but I'd rather WATCH or PLAY 1P at that point.

You too should give American Rotation a go! :D

Great game!

Ken