Funniest Pool Player In The World

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I'd love to hear which pool player makes you laugh and smile. There are many players that can be funny at times and entertaining.

Scotty Townsend, Keith McCready and my all time favorite for dry wit is none other than America's favorite pool player to watch EARL STRICKLAND.

Keith can talk smack with anyone and come out on top. Hit him with one liner that would stop a train and he rolls on pulling out never ending comebacks.

Scotty Townsend has so many good stories and is a great story teller, you have to include him as one of the pros who can make you laugh. Scotty's stories are almost unbelievable but you don't want to make a bet that they aren't true. He's lived an incredible life and still plays top speed pool to match the rest of his life style.

Earl can be VERY FUNNY. When you hear some of his comments to reporters or commentators, he can make you roll on the floor with laughter. "Good luck? ME? Why are you wishing me good luck? I don't have any luck at all. I'm a miserable person and he is a great man. I'm just like the worst person in the world and he is so good." Well maybe I didn't get it word for word but some of you have heard his responses from time to time and he is funny, dry but funny nontheless. Yeah, I have to say that I like what Earl has to say because he makes me laugh because he is so serious and yet he can bring that dry wit out in a heart beat.
JoeyA

John Barton

Alex Pagulayan - he always has a funny comeback.
Keith McCready - some of the things he says are priceless.
Jamie Bowman - he can be hilarious when he gets going.

Man I can't remember all the players who had me rolling in tears over the years. Some of the best were in South Florida.

Stones

YEAH, I'M WOOFING AT YOU!
Silver Member
Funniest and most entertaining I ever heard was Ronnie Allen with Keith right on his heels.

Stones

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Scott Frost.... and yes, someday I'll get there.... :p

(some of you know I'm almost there at times.....)

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Keith is an American original.
Fats was also one of a kind. He had a gift for gab that made people flock to him everywhere he went.

Bazooka Tooth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thorsten Hohmann is a character so it seems, when he did the live chat on here he was a hoot!

I think he added me to Myspace from that thread on here asking if anyone had it...I say I think because there is no proof that it is really Thorsten, it may just be a fan making a page for him....I questioned him and I got a promise that it is him and some German sentences to prove it.....

anyways the reason I bring that up is because if that is in fact Throsten on myspace then his page makes him look pretty funny and fun to be around in person

mjantti

Enjoying life
Silver Member
Watching Tony Drago shoot always brings a smile on my face. Not because he would crack jokes during the match, but just watching him run out lightning fast while dancing and almost running around the table is quite funny. He's not just any thin little fellow you know... :rolleyes: :)

desert1pocket

Registered Fish
Silver Member
1pRoscoe said:
Scott Frost.... and yes, someday I'll get there.... :p

(some of you know I'm almost there at times.....)

I agree. Some of the funniest pool related moments I've witnessed were Scott arguing with his buddy Gus.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
South side Louie Lemke, was always a bright spot in a dark room. A smile a mile away. May he rest in peace, tho knowing Louie, his energy would never die.

Terry Ardeno

I still love my wife
Silver Member
In my opinion, the funniest is Grady Mathews. I love his commentary so much that over the years, I've copied down some of his best quips...

* "He scrutinized the multi colored spheres longer than the time I took to select my 2nd wife."

* "I want to know if you use hair color. I suspect you do."

* "I'de like to avail myself to that veteran mind of yours."

* "I'll give him a 1 way ticket to anywhere in the world, provided he stay a year."

*"What a splendid speciman of womankind."

*"That cue looks like an 8th grade woodshop project, with a D grade to boot."

*"That's his power break, which won't hurt our ears."

Grady Mathews is, in my opinion, the very best of a great bunch of wonderful commentators.

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
On film? W.C. Fields.

I've often wondered what it would have been like to play a few racks with Jackie Gleason...

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Funniest I can remember is the late Larry Lisciotti. Tommy Kennedy is pretty funny, too.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
Benny Hill rox....I love it when he smacks the short old guy on the top of the head....LOLz

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
jay helfert said:
Keith is an American original.
Fats was also one of a kind. He had a gift for gab that made people flock to him everywhere he went.

I think it was 1982 when I was having a drink with Fats in the cocktail lounge of Marriott in chicago, a group of rich buisiness people sent a women to our table and this women asked fats to join her table pointing to the table where all the rich looking people were.He immediately deserted me to entertain those rich folks.

special Note: fats had only a soft drink and he said that he did not drink alkyhol.

Last edited: