Funniest Pool Player In The World

thrasher789

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bazooka Tooth said:
Thorsten Hohmann is a character so it seems, when he did the live chat on here he was a hoot!

I think he added me to Myspace from that thread on here asking if anyone had it...I say I think because there is no proof that it is really Thorsten, it may just be a fan making a page for him....I questioned him and I got a promise that it is him and some German sentences to prove it.....

anyways the reason I bring that up is because if that is in fact Throsten on myspace then his page makes him look pretty funny and fun to be around in person
Yeah no doubt, I'd take any bet it's actually him, I messged him once and it was definatly either him or a very very good impersonator, he's got pics of him and his fiance and stuff taht I would assume only he would have.

8-Ball Player

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would agree that Earl Strickland is pretty darn funny. He is such a poor sport. I loved seeing him get beat in the 2005 WPC against the little chinese guy, po po chang I think.

erikido

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a player in my town that cracks me up. I saw him one day in a hill hill match. Most of the time those are really tense moments. But, not with this guy. IN that great phillipino accent while down on his 9 ball he says OH I do not know if I am nervous or not. I couldn't stop laughing. Gerardo jamito is another funny guy in my town.

Jakie

Registered
The funniest player that I have ever been around was the late Peter Linhard aka Peter Rabbitt from Philadelphia. Looked like Mel Brooks and just as funny. IMHO

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"Boogie"

jungledude said:
Get my vote, Jr. Moore too :D :p :D

I totally forgot about the funniest guy ever in NOLA, the legendary, "Boogee". He might have left NO for Vegas before you were around, Hump but ask some of the old guys like Bill Stack. The Sport Palace would come to a stop waiting to see what Boogee was going to say next. He dealt cards in Vegas for ages after he left NO. Don't know where he is now.

Last edited:

Slider

S.F. Bay Area
Silver Member
A quick study?

erikido said:
Gerardo jamito is another funny guy in my town.

Heh, heh, heh... Yeah, Gerardo is funny as hell.

I remember when he showed up in Reno about 6 years ago, playing in the USPPA "72 and under" event. Oh, we were cracking up constantly - particularly the guys who drew him in a match. A year later he was beating pros in the Open.

Ken

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Tommy-D said:
> I have to cast a vote for a guy some of you may not be familiar with,Marty Sawinski from Michigan. He's said to be a nurse by trade,but also does stand-up on the side. His gift is in the accuracy of his impressions. When he does Earl,Grady,Nick,or Alex,it's like watching one of the best actors in the world do them,and I'm not kidding,his accuracy is flawless. He captures every conceivable mannerism,except their strokes. He also does lines and scenes from popular movies better than anyone I've ever seen,with his personal favorites being Jack Nicholson,Pacino,and De Niro. Tommy D.

I second this vote. Marty is hilarious.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Johnnyt said:
I would have to say Fat's was the most fun for me to watch...all though I don't know why nobody ever knocked him on his ass. Johnnyt

Danny came close a couple of times.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
hemicudas said:
I totally forgot about the funniest guy ever in NOLA, the legendary, "Boogee". He might have left NO for Vegas before you were around, Hump but ask some of the old guys like Bill Stack. The Sport Palace would come to a stop waiting to see what Boogee was going to say next. He dealt cards in Vegas for ages after he left NO. Don't know where he is now.

Bill, you know everybody in New Orleans. I guess you knew Cowboy too?
joeyA

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
I can't believe nobody has mentioned Shannon D. yet. Anyone who has ever been him for any time can tell you he's a riot. Tony Watson is pretty funny at times as well. The way he tells some stories will have you rollin'. Believe me, he has some stories.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tommy-D said:
> I have to cast a vote for a guy some of you may not be familiar with,Marty Sawinski from Michigan. He's said to be a nurse by trade,but also does stand-up on the side. His gift is in the accuracy of his impressions. When he does Earl,Grady,Nick,or Alex,it's like watching one of the best actors in the world do them,and I'm not kidding,his accuracy is flawless. He captures every conceivable mannerism,except their strokes. He also does lines and scenes from popular movies better than anyone I've ever seen,with his personal favorites being Jack Nicholson,Pacino,and De Niro. Tommy D.

I know marty sawinski.He does a good job imitating Effren.

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Voodoo Daddy said:
Jon Dovinsky...the Polish Prince made me laugh like no other man inna pool room.

I do not thnk that many here know jon.he is a hoot.I heard he was working in construction.

erikido

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slider said:
Heh, heh, heh... Yeah, Gerardo is funny as hell.

I remember when he showed up in Reno about 6 years ago, playing in the USPPA "72 and under" event. Oh, we were cracking up constantly - particularly the guys who drew him in a match. A year later he was beating pros in the Open.

Ken

I wasnn't around at that time...BUt, I have heard about that. Talk about sneaking in the system.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JoeyA said:
Bill, you know everybody in New Orleans. I guess you knew Cowboy too?
joeyA

Joey, you probably remember, Cowboy, AKA Woppie, Candy Man, Legend, real name, Walter Getty, lived in Jackson before he moved to NOLA.

If you are insinuating he was funny,,,,,,,,,WOW,,,,,,,I had forgotten how funny he was. Good point. He was also one of only two bumper pool players who booked a winner playing Marcus. The other being Andy Oguine. Cowboy is an ordained minister today, preaching in east Texas.