Funniest Pool Player In The World

Bazooka Tooth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NYC cue dude said:
That is indeed Thorsten's myspace page. He has taken great pride in creating and editing that all by himself. Any communication you may have through that page is reviewed and replied only by thorsten.

rg

hahah cool he may be my new favorite player, not only because I have chit chatted with him briefly, but because he seems so down to Earth and has an awesome personality, his song on Myspace is Ying Yang Twins lmao! (I hate them but to think of Thorsten listening to them on his Ipod while practacing makes me lol)

Last edited:

5ballcharlie

GHOSTBUSTER
Silver Member
Island Drive said:
South side Louie Lemke, was always a bright spot in a dark room. A smile a mile away. May he rest in peace, tho knowing Louie, his energy would never die.

he played bar table 8 ball good

jungledude

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i DO REMEMBER bOOGEE

$Bill, I knew Boogee real well and he was one of the funniest guys to ever walk in the pool room. He used to hang around with Huey & Randy Morrison and that crew. I think he's back in Louisiana but don't come to the pool room anymore.

rackmsuckr

Linda Carter - The QUEEN!
Silver Member
cheesemouse said:
I knew David and played him many times, he was from the Portland Ore. area... at that time (1980'ish)he was a top three player in the North West....I never thought he was too funny when he was picking my pockets......I use to call him 'dough boy'.....:)

David and I played in a tournament once and we were both in stitches the whole time! I actually had a chance to beat him, but it was tough to maintain being serious. Afterwards, Mike and David both told me I could have won, had I not been so giggly and beared down on my shots. :p

Maybe I'll get another chance in April if he is at Mildenberger's tournament.

Female-wise, how about OMGWTF? And Debra Li has the same kind of wit. Also, the Ashton twins always give me a good laugh. Vivian is a hoot too.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
5ballcharlie said:
he played bar table 8 ball good

Louie Lemke was also a very good singer - singing is what he loved to do just as much as he loved to shoot pool. He was a lot of fun to be around and he had a great sense of humor. I had a chance to watch him play on a bar box against Swanny getting the 8 - he kept calling Jay "Little Man"... lol ... Swanny just smiled.

j_kronz79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
John Barton said:
Alex Pagulayan - he always has a funny comeback.
Keith McCready - some of the things he says are priceless.
Jamie Bowman - he can be hilarious when he gets going.

Man I can't remember all the players who had me rolling in tears over the years. Some of the best were in South Florida.

always knew id be mentioned with the greats, but not for my game

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith Mcready, Shannon Daulton, and Little Tony Watson (I've seen him make some bets that I laughed 'til I cried.

crawfish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can we forget Charlie Brinson. I bought him a hotdog one time and he came back with," That sure is better than that bar of soap I had in the hotel room last night." Also, Little Tony Watson. Just plain hysterical.

hemicudas

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Handsome Danny Jones

You youngsters never had the pleasure but many of us 60ish up scuffs/players will remember how hysterically funny "Handsome" Danny Jones was.

playboy

Banned
Jimmy Mataya...hands down is the most entertaining pool player with out a doubt!.followed by Cole Dickson then Scotty T.James"chili"McCrary was pretty funny as was Mcready...

VIProfessor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Terry Ardeno said:
In my opinion, the funniest is Grady Mathews. I love his commentary so much that over the years, I've copied down some of his best quips...

* "He scrutinized the multi colored spheres longer than the time I took to select my 2nd wife."

* "I want to know if you use hair color. I suspect you do."

* "I'de like to avail myself to that veteran mind of yours."

* "I'll give him a 1 way ticket to anywhere in the world, provided he stay a year."

*"What a splendid speciman of womankind."

*"That cue looks like an 8th grade woodshop project, with a D grade to boot."

*"That's his power break, which won't hurt our ears."

Grady Mathews is, in my opinion, the very best of a great bunch of wonderful commentators.

Conversation reported in Playing Off the Rail:

Billy Incardona: I wish there was someone around here to give me a ball.

Grady Matthews: I'll give you two balls--and the thing that goes with 'em!"

sniper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My vote goes to Alex, who is particularly funny off of the table. Get a few drinks into him and he'll have you in tears!

Barbara

Wilson deleted my avatar
Silver Member
Ditto...

Jakie said:
The funniest player that I have ever been around was the late Peter Linhard aka Peter Rabbitt from Philadelphia. Looked like Mel Brooks and just as funny. IMHO

RIP Peter Rabbit.

Barbara