Super Billiards Exposition March 13- 16th 2008

Jeeves

you are in range!!!
Silver Member
I was thinking it is time to start a section of this forum to highlight this the biggest East Coast event.

http://superbilliardsexpo.com

Professional Events
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/pro.html

Amateur Events
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/amateur.html

Charity Events
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/charity.html

VIP Tickets
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/vip.html

Entry Forms
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/entry.html

Schedule
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/schedule.html

Future Events
http://www.superbilliardsexpo.com/future.html

Useful information for Valley Forge
I go to Kunda Beverage which with in 15 minutes of city driving from the convention center. They are very freindly and have a nice selection of beverages.

A reminder to you out of state friends Pennsylvania has rules which are from the 30's. A place such as kunda's sells cases only and a bar can only sell a half a case at a time to one person per visit. Liquor purchase are made at the Wine & Spirits Shoppe which you can take north gulph road to south gulph and there is a new mall to the right. If you bring from out state and get caught the officer has the right to break or confiscate on site. (loss of sales tax revenue is the reason) so bury it in your vehicle deep.

Also if you are going to buy a quantity of beer 12 or more cases of any type of beer and pay CASH Kunda's gives a ten percent discount. And that adds up quickly.

Information below:
case beer
Kunda Beverage
Kunda Beverage
is located at:349 S. Henderson Road King of Prussia, PA 19406
Phone number: (610) 265-3113
Fax: (610) 265-3190
Email - info@kundabev.com

Our retail store hours are:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
Thursday 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM
Friday 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
Saturday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM

Liquor store

143 S GULPH ROAD
KING OF PRUSSIA PA 19406-3103
Phone: 610.768.3060
Sun 12:00 PM - 05:00 PM
Monday - Saturday 09:00 AM - 09:00 PM

Hotels in area within 15 minutes city driving
just to help a little for all of you who forgot to make reservations

A name which escapes me right now(Inn at Valley Forge) (formerlly the hilton) 610.337.1200

Hampton Inn - the oaks 610.962.8111

homestead suites 610.962.9000

Crowne Plaza 610.265.7500

holiday inn express 610.768.9500

mainstay suites of king of prussia 484.690.3000

fairfield by marriott 800.228.2800

best western 610.265.4500 (best rates)

remember to do the today by phone cause internet sucks for when it counts
these available rooms will fill fast.

I unfortunatley will not be putting on the party this year :(. I do look forward to saying hello to everyone when I get the chance.

Cheers
Jeeves

Last edited:

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
I'm curious about who all is going to be there. I was planning to go this year, but things didn't work out in my favor. Would have been nice to meet a bunch of AZers. Maybe at the next great event...

raybo147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will be there and I live in King of Prussia so this is my home town event I guess. Kunda is where I get my beer too. Any questions about the area put in on here or PM me as I have been living here for 4 years now and pretty much know everything around here. For all you first timers you have to check out the KOP Mall as it is the biggest mall you will ever get lost in.

Subsonic2u

No wonder I can't shoot
Silver Member
B there for sure, unless I croak first

I'll b there, I go every year. Have a great time and get to c and meet many of the pros.

Charlie

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll be there, and I'm gonna try to drink more Guinness then Raybo! :D

SoundWaves

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
raybo147 said:
Good luck with that one Gerry, I think you will need a big spot!!

Cool, when you guys are done with your drinking competetion maybee we can play some. That could be be my spot....

Hmm maybee I should put away my cue and just compete in the beer drinking... That I think I can hang in.

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

raybo147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SoundWaves said:
Cool, when you guys are done with your drinking competetion maybee we can play some. That could be be my spot....

Hmm maybee I should put away my cue and just compete in the beer drinking... That I think I can hang in.
There is a couple of bar boxes at the bar, so you can combine both. Seroiusly Soundwaves hopefully you can join in, just let yourself be known when you get there. Gerry was so drunk last year he dosen't realize I don't even drink Guinness!! He still beat me on the pool table though.

JesPiddlin

Designed by Mother Nature
Silver Member
Motel 6

Jeeves said:
I was thinking it is time to start a section of this forum to highlight this the biggest East Coast event.

<snip>

Hotels in area within 15 minutes city driving
just to help a little for all of you who forgot to make reservations...

<snip>

You forgot one... (It's not very far from the Convention Center.)

Motel 6 Philadelphia - King of Prussia #1280
815 West Dekalb Pike
I-76 W at W Dekalb Pike, Exit #328-B I-76 E at Valley Forge Road, Exit #326
King of Prussia, PA, 19406
Phone: (610) 265-7200 | Fax: (610) 265-7288

3andstop

Focus
Silver Member
I noticed it mentioned all night play at the lower level poolroom for ten bucks. Does anyone know if those are 9' tables or the bar size, and how many tables are in this room?

thanks,

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3andstop said:
I noticed it mentioned all night play at the lower level poolroom for ten bucks. Does anyone know if those are 9' tables or the bar size, and how many tables are in this room?

thanks,

They are all 7' Diamonds. Very nice tables but no 9 footers that I know of.

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
3andstop said:

thanks,

As Koop said 7' diamonds. Cheap rates, usually a waiting line except very late. These aren't available during the day and early night when the tournaments are still on.
There are also late-night tournaments at local rooms, they'll be fliers around the place. If you want to play in those, get there early.
There are also 7' coin-ops available all the time, but these are fully occupied with action, small to large. Probably if you just want to play a friend, either with or without action, these won't be available. You get in line to be the next up in the action just like a bar, winner stays on the table. One of the tables is generally occupied by Keith, other pros, and 'A' players banging it out for pretty big bucks sometimes. It is a lot of fun to watch pros playing 9-ball on a bar box, kind of tough to work to a place you can see well though. Lots of real reckless bettors there.

9_Ball_King

Respect The Game!
Silver Member
The Action Pit's The Greatest Thing There....

catscradle said:
You get in line to be the next up in the action just like a bar, winner stays on the table. One of the tables is generally occupied by Keith, other pros, and 'A' players banging it out for pretty big bucks sometimes. It is a lot of fun to watch pros playing 9-ball on a bar box, kind of tough to work to a place you can see well though. Lots of real reckless bettors there.

I love this part of the SBE.....I mean I also play in the Open Amateur and enjoy watching the Pros in their Arena....but my favorite thing is the Action Pit with all the gambling/woofing going on.....a true pool player's paradise! But as catscradle warns---> it's hard to find a spot where you can see well, especially if you're on the shorter side height-wise....luckily I'm almost 6'2" and can usually see over most people. Yeah, I can't wait to hear the sounds like "I got 20 on the racker" or "I got a 100 on the breaker".......pure bliss! I hope to jump in a little this year (at least if the action is $50 or less per game). Man I'm getting psyched:D