Super Billiards Exposition March 13- 16th 2008

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9_Ball_King said:
I love this part of the SBE.....I mean I also play in the Open Amateur and enjoy watching the Pros in their Arena....but my favorite thing is the Action Pit with all the gambling/woofing going on.....a true pool player's paradise! But as catscradle warns---> it's hard to find a spot where you can see well, especially if you're on the shorter side height-wise....luckily I'm almost 6'2" and can usually see over most people. Yeah, I can't wait to hear the sounds like "I got 20 on the racker" or "I got a 100 on the breaker".......pure bliss! I hope to jump in a little this year (at least if the action is $50 or less per game). Man I'm getting psyched:D

Funny story 2 years ago.
I placed a small bet along the rail and won. Actually, I talked Ryan McCreesh into getting in there and won my bet on him. So, the next guy comes along to play Ryan and the guy next to me says he will give me 3:1 odds on the racker. I felt like I was stealing since I knew how well Ryan played and I had never seen this guy before.
The second the rack broke the guy looks at me and asks, "you have no idea who that is, do you?" Nope, not a clue. Turned out to be Jason Kirkwood and within about one minute I was handing over my losses....

I damn sure learned to find out who both players were from then on :D

Reactions: JDB

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
hilla_hilla said:
I'm going for the first time:) . I'm really looking forward to it!

Hay. what do you know? My first time too...hmm did we plan this one together:rolleyes:

S.

The Kiss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Koop said:
Funny story 2 years ago.
I placed a small bet along the rail and won. Actually, I talked Ryan McCreesh into getting in there and won my bet on him. So, the next guy comes along to play Ryan and the guy next to me says he will give me 3:1 odds on the racker. I felt like I was stealing since I knew how well Ryan played and I had never seen this guy before.
The second the rack broke the guy looks at me and asks, "you have no idea who that is, do you?" Nope, not a clue. Turned out to be Jason Kirkwood and within about one minute I was handing over my losses....

I damn sure learned to find out who both players were from then on :D

But that is the GAMBLE to betting on the side in the Pit..It is coincidence that a Open player as good as McCreesh lost with the break to anyone. on a 7 foot table he makes a ball he should be out 95% of the time.

The guy with the break has the decided advantage assuming he plays A level or better, but sometimes the racker beats the odds..But knowing the horses definatley helps..

But finding a clueless APA player to bet with also helps:D

When I used to go down I'd make 1000 to 1500 betting the side..The key was i knew the Joss tour players and often bet with the APA players that never got out of the Bar rooms

Jeeves

you are in range!!!
Silver Member
super bowl weekend back to the top

of the scrum pile.

well I know it is a different game. but hey every one have a great day.
JEEVES

SoundWaves

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jeeves said:
of the scrum pile.

well I know it is a different game. but hey every one have a great day.
JEEVES

Good bump, See ya there!

SoundWaves>> first timer also can't wait till March!

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Kiss said:
But that is the GAMBLE to betting on the side in the Pit..It is coincidence that a Open player as good as McCreesh lost with the break to anyone. on a 7 foot table he makes a ball he should be out 95% of the time.

The guy with the break has the decided advantage assuming he plays A level or better, but sometimes the racker beats the odds..But knowing the horses definatley helps..

When I used to go down I'd make 1000 to 1500 betting the side..The key was i knew the Joss tour players and often bet with the APA players that never got out of the Bar rooms

Good point buddy and honestly, I still liked Ryan with the break since he is more than capable of breaking and running. Problem is, he missed once :D

Koop - a clueless APA player ;)

raybo147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
9 on the snap said:
Why can't you just go to the 7-11 and by beer?
Not in PA, you have to go to a beer store to buy beer and a liquor store to buy everthng else

Jeeves

you are in range!!!
Silver Member
well 7-11's will be hard to find in PA

I know of two stores in the entire state. But the advice is true. The sales of malt beverages by the case is done at a distributor and under a case at a bar or twelve pack shop (you can take out only 2 six packs at a time or equlivalent volume). Any liquor or wine you buy at PA Wines and Spirits stores and some of them are open on sunday now, but not all. Don't get caught bringing stuff in from other states the enforcement officer has legal right to confiscate and destroy all at the same time, right in front of you. According to the Commonwealth of PA you are stealing (6%) sales tax collection from them plus the profit (33%) they get and the (18%) education fee that they have worked into the price if bought and sold in PA. There is a current challenge in the courts concerning this, but for now rules stand.

Last edited:

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Kiss said:

I heard that there was so much CHEATING going on that only a fool bets unless he knows the inside skinny.

WW - ex APA player:D

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
whitewolf said:
only a fool bets unless he knows the inside skinny.

WW - ex APA player:D

I didn't know I was one but I sure felt like one afterwards.

Oh well, live and learn.

Jeeves

you are in range!!!
Silver Member
High Priority Update

I was visiting with my friends at the Radisson this past weekend. They made sure to tell me that the incident of cars being broken into is very high. The thiefs are going after anything electronic, especially GPS units, EZ Pass, Satellite Radio, Cell Phone, etc...(car alarms mean nothing). Please remove all these item into your rooms, the hotel has safes in the rooms.
please contact the hotel security. Also keep track of your other valuables as well.

They are very interested to catch these people and they have upgraded their security system so they can see and hear a whole lot better. If you are a victim please contact Security Imediately, they are located between the two towers of the Convention Center, employee entrance.

Dave Demarzi, Chief of Security
DeMarzioD@gfhotels.com

Steve Reznor, Assistant

610.768.3260 phone
610.354.8223 fax to send picture and other information.

They can and will bring the local enforcement officers there for assistance as well.

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good point Jeeves. Two years ago I had all my cues in my case stolen from behind the seat of my truck. I lost a match early and put my cues behind the seat in my truck. Someone broke the window and took them. The only way they could have know the cues were in there was to watch me come out of the building and put them there. Vultures. My stupidity for not carrying them around all day. At the time there were no cameras in the back lot (the one that goes all the way up the hill).

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Also be aware of the side betting action. Unless you know the person you are betting on, do not bet loud/high/or with the players playing. You never know who is together in the place.

Last year I was playing at a 20 dollar table. I was waiting and won a few side bets for 20 on a player I knew well. After a few games it was my turn, he asks if i want to bet on myself against the player I have been betting on for the last 4 games, he also wants to up the bet to 40. I say no. I won and kept the table. The next game he asks to up the bet to 40 again and he wants the racker. I say "Why not up the bet to 100". He then asks "You wouldn't up the bet to 40 why do you want to bet 100". I say "Cuz the guy racking paid for my gas money as we were driving together to the expo this morning, no bet, but please learn a lesson from this". I guess I am too nice.

Lesson is : Make sure the person you are betting on really wants to win.:)

Last edited:

catscradle

<< 2 all-time greats
Silver Member
Jeeves said:
I was visiting with my friends at the Radisson this past weekend. They made sure to tell me that the incident of cars being broken into is very high. The thiefs are going after anything electronic, especially GPS units, EZ Pass, Satellite Radio, Cell Phone, etc...(car alarms mean nothing). Please remove all these item into your rooms, the hotel has safes in the rooms.
please contact the hotel security. Also keep track of your other valuables as well.

They are very interested to catch these people and they have upgraded their security system so they can see and hear a whole lot better. If you are a victim please contact Security Imediately, they are located between the two towers of the Convention Center, employee entrance.

Dave Demarzi, Chief of Security
DeMarzioD@gfhotels.com

Steve Reznor, Assistant

610.768.3260 phone
610.354.8223 fax to send picture and other information.

They can and will bring the local enforcement officers there for assistance as well.

Are they saying the incidence of this has risen this year?

By bringing your stuff in I suppose it saves it from being stolen, but it won't necessarily save you from damage to your vehicle from a break-in on speculation. Make sure that there are no visible indicators that you have any of those items such as the mount for the GPS on a windshield, they'll break-in hoping the GPS is hidden somewhere inside.

Jeeves

you are in range!!!
Silver Member
the theft of the electronic gear is up

I do not have the statistics but the thefts are greatly more prevalent.

Last edited:

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
Sorry I'll miss everyone this year. I've been a regular for over 10 years, but this year I'll be in Switzerland.

Jeeves, your party was the best. Hope you can do it next year.