1000 Ball Run

CanadianGuy

sorry has Schmidt ever been proven to be a liar? not that I'm aware of at least

this dude woke up out of bed to win the US open and can run hundreds in straight pool like a walk in the park

the man has earned his credibility from a resume standpoint imo

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
sorry has Schmidt ever been proven to be a liar? not that I'm aware of at least

this dude woke up out of bed to win the US open and can run hundreds in straight pool like a walk in the park

the man has earned his credibility from a resume standpoint imo
correct, none your aware of

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have ,i know he’s great shooter at everything

But after about 10 times of playing pool as he said

Honestly ,just hard to believe as I said and others have to
It was about 10-times after played 14.1!. I played mostly 8-ball when i started playing. I was playing about 3 months, many hours per day. Skipped school mostly because got hooked on pool :D

Our city did not even have 9-foot table when i started playing and there was zero good players around. So I was pretty much best player around when I did play couple months. Then our pool hall got 2 9-foot Brunswicks and I started play there.
All times I also played little snooker and Finnish Kaisa alongside pool.
No internet yet so I get pool magazines from U.S to learn and asked our town library order Byrne´s Books... They did it :)

That 97 was huge fluke i know that. I did not know anything, I just shoot and got lucky to not get too much problems.

I remember getting couple times 97 on 9-footers too before I finally beat it and went to 154 what is my record still.
14.1 is nowadays too much for my focus. I can run close to 100 all the time but when i get rolling it feels so easy I just lose interest kinda and lose my focus.
Last time i tried i ran 3 in row 70+ and always miss easy ball..

Last edited:

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
It was about 10-times after played 14.1!. I played mostly 8-ball when i started playing. I was playing about 3 months, many hours per day. Skipped school mostly because got hooked on pool :D

Our city did not even have 9-foot table when i started playing and there was zero good players around. So I was pretty much best player around when I did play couple months. Then our pool hall got 2 9-foot Brunswicks and I started play there.
All times I also played little snooker and Finnish Kaisa alongside pool.
No internet yet so I get pool magazines from U.S to learn and asked our town library order Byrne´s Books... They did it :)

That 97 was huge fluke i know that. I did not know anything, I just shoot and got lucky to not get too much problems.

I remember getting couple times 97 on 9-footers too before I finally beat it and went to 154 what is my record still.
14.1 is nowadays too much for my focus. I can run close to 100 all the time but when i get rolling it feels so easy I just lose interest kinda and lose my focus.
Last time i tried i ran 3 in row 70+ and always miss easy ball..
That’s nuts
Just nuts

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Mike Sigel has been quoted as saying "had Mosconi played on Simonis felt, he would have run 2,000." There isn't a doubt in my mind that 1,000 can be done, especially given the easy equipment that is used these days for high run attempts. Filler would seem the most likely to do it.
Filler, as we all know, is probably the straightest shoot on Earth and of all time. We just can't compare Mosconi or any of the past players to today. The equipment is just so much better today. There is little to no financial incentive for anyone to attempt to break the record. I just don't think it is worth anyones time to attempt. Look what Jason did and does anyone in the world but us pool degenerates know or care? I think not.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Filler, as we all know, is probably the straightest shoot on Earth and of all time. We just can't compare Mosconi or any of the past players to today. The equipment is just so much better today. There is little to no financial incentive for anyone to attempt to break the record. I just don't think it is worth anyones time to attempt. Look what Jason did and does anyone in the world but us pool degenerates know or care? I think not.
On a recent accu stats vid from this year with Shaw and someone playing 10b

Mark Wilson said Jayson Shaw is the most accurate talented shooter he’s seen his entire life
Also stated that filler comes close and maybe equal but certainly not more accurate and precise than Shaw

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
On a recent accu stats vid from this year with Shaw and someone playing 10b

Mark Wilson said Jayson Shaw is the most accurate talented shooter he’s seen his entire life
Also stated that filler comes close and maybe equal but certainly not more accurate and precise than Shaw
Fedor Gorst shoots straighter than both of them.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm switching to decimal scoring. Every ball is worth 10 points. Should put me in the 500s regularly.
Don't know why I never thought of this.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I’ll defer to Wilson
And till either run 400 as well
I've watched the three of them play a lot more than Mark Wilson has. Not saying he's wrong, but he's got much less data than I have to make the judgement. If someone had to run a rack of nine ball of average difficulty and my life was riding on it, Shaw would be my third choice, behind the other two.

Obviously, these comparisons are not so easy when each is a stone-cold killer.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
I've watched the three of them play a lot more than Mark Wilson has. Not saying he's wrong, but he's got much less data than I have to make the judgement. If someone had to run a rack of nine ball of average difficulty and my life was riding on it, Shaw would be my third choice, behind the other two.

Obviously, these comparisons are not so easy when each is a stone-cold killer.
Again with Wilson till the other two do what he has

I wouldn’t have believed Shaw had the will and determination he has for it if I had not seen it for myself

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Again with Wilson till the other two do what he has

I wouldn’t have believed Shaw had the will and determination he has for it if I had not seen it for myself
Shaw is a superstar of the highest order, but why should the other two focus on a record that lies outside the arena of competition? Gorst and Filler each have a World 9-ball title. Filler has an American 14.1 Championship and both Fedor and Josh have a European 14.1 Championship. Filler and Gorst both have a Derby City Master of the Table title, too. Shaw has none of these.

... and yet you think Filer and Gorst have something to prove. LOL.

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
Shaw is a superstar of the highest order, but why should the other two focus on a record that lies outside the arena of competition? Gorst and Filler each have a World 9-ball title. Filler has an American 14.1 Championship and both Fedor and Josh have a European 14.1 Championship. Filler and Gorst both have a Derby City Master of the Table title, too. Shaw has none of these.

... and yet you think Filer and Gorst have something to prove. LOL.

You like to manipulate conversations well
By your logic anyone who you deem better than Shaw at the high run can automatically do better at what Shaw did while never having done it, brilliant logic

Texas Carom Club

Silver Member
They dont have a thing to prove
But until they do it, you can’t just say oh yeah I feel they would
Lmao
Your post sounds just like schmidts

Good to know you know better than Wilson I’ll contact you for a lesson soon then I suppose

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
They dont have a thing to prove
But until they do it, you can’t just say oh yeah I feel they would
Lmao

Good to know you know better than Wilson I’ll contact you for a lesson soon then I suppose
I really have no idea how many they'd run on a bucket table, but I do know that they have significant titles at 14.1, and each would be a big favorite to beat Shaw at 14.1 on pro spec equipment.

Yes, I am at least as qualified as Mark to tell you which of these players shoots the straightest, having seen them play far more than him over the years. Observing the frequency of balls missed doesn't take any great insight.

How any of this pertains to my possible teaching skills is far from apparent. I can tell you that one baseball hitter is better than other based on his major accomplishments. That doesn't mean that a major league team should hire me as hitting coach.

Let's drop this debate amicably and with civility.

Last edited: