2010 Cue of the Year

mia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Someone needs to post pics of that hickory Burl and ebony Sugartree. I'd do it but cutting and pasting pics on an iPhone is annoying and i'm lazy. Lol.

Assuming that was a 2010 cue, that would have my vote as the hands down winner.

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
Someone needs to post pics of that hickory Burl and ebony Sugartree. I'd do it but cutting and pasting pics on an iPhone is annoying and i'm lazy. Lol.

I agree...that cue is hot!

Derrick Steel

.....Viper Killer.....
Silver Member

Hey don't be soliciting pics of my baby...jk. Yes, she was built in 2010 and is a real beauty.

Attachments

• IMG_2170-1.jpg
    IMG_2170-1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I think the Cues rock, and honestly have nothing as exciting to share. Exciting mean I am too lazy to shoot photos.
happy_face_sunglasses_pt_res.thm.jpg

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey don't be soliciting pics of my baby...jk. Yes, she was built in 2010 and is a real beauty.
That may be the best looking Sugar I have seen yet. But it is a far cry from Evolution. The Gina is a sweet cue as well. But like I said before, the manzino is the sick. Unless someone posts up a serious monster, i dont see another cue knocking it off the top spot for 2010. JMHO.

Zeek

Cue Freek
Silver Member
This is a great thread idea Jamie.. Hopefully I'll have two to add for next years' thread;)

sliprock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've seen some sick cues this year. One that stands out to me is the one Darrin Hill posted a week or so ago. Not so much for the looks but for the construction technique. http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=213499

The Sugartree listed earlier is nice too. I'm drawn to a cue with nice woods and rings more than something with a bunch of inlays.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
question:

is this going to be a thread like it is now or is it going to become a thread where say 10-15 cues are chosen to be contenders that were built in 2010 preferably signed and dated by the cue maker then turned int oa second thread where the cue is actually voted for so there is the AZB cue of the year???

Much like the ICCS had the Grand Collection and then a cue is picked from that line up, the one that Ken Kerner won back to back with 2 fantastic Manzino cues.

If there is going to be a follow up poll where there is a winner chose then I might could dig up a little something I had made in 2010, even IMO if the cue isnt marked I'd accept the word of honor form any respected AZer that it's a 2010 cue. The honor system is cool with me.

ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS???, AND HOW TO PROCEED. IT COULD BE FUN. AND YES I DO HAVE A CUE THAT WAS MADE THIS YEAR-FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW OF IT, PLEASE DONT SAY ANYTHING UNTIL I POST THE PICS, THANKS :)

I THINK WE START A CUE OF THE YEAR HERE ON AZ EVERY YEAR, SIMPLE CRITERIA, THE CUE MUST BE MADE IN THE CURRENT YEAR, KEN KERNER IS EXCLUDED ;), AND THE AZer HAS TO BE WELL KNOWN-SAY 250 POSTS OR 2 YEARS ON THE BOARD. AND WE COULD HAVE A 2ND AND 3 RUNNER UP. JUST KEEO IT REAL SIMPLE FUN AND LIGHT HEARTED.

LETS DO IT!!!!!

OK IF KEN KERNER BEHAVES THEN HE CAN PLAY TOO.:thumbup: BUT HE CANT USE THE CUE HE WON THE ICCS WITH, BECAUSE HE WILL BE DOING THAT ON A REGULAR BASIS AND WE WOULD ALL BE PLAYING TO FINISH 2ND TO HIM. KEN IS A MONSTER CUE MAGNENT AND HAS JUICE US MORTALS DONT. NOT ONLY THAT HE IS ONE HECK OF A GREAT GUY.

Big-Tattoo

I'm back
Silver Member
AND YES I DO HAVE A CUE THAT WAS MADE THIS YEAR-FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW OF IT, PLEASE DONT SAY ANYTHING UNTIL I POST THE PICS, THANKS :)
Hey Eric, you will WIN:angel2::wub::grin-loving::love2::love::woot::smilewinkgrin:
Ralf, hope you are doing good in Germany:rolleyes:

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
question:

is this going to be a thread like it is now or is it going to become a thread where say 10-15 cues are chosen to be contenders that were built in 2010 preferably signed and dated by the cue maker then turned int oa second thread where the cue is actually voted for so there is the AZB cue of the year???

Much like the ICCS had the Grand Collection and then a cue is picked from that line up, the one that Ken Kerner won back to back with 2 fantastic Manzino cues.

If there is going to be a follow up poll where there is a winner chose then I might could dig up a little something I had made in 2010, even IMO if the cue isnt marked I'd accept the word of honor form any respected AZer that it's a 2010 cue. The honor system is cool with me.

ANYONE HAVE ANY THOUGHTS ON THIS???, AND HOW TO PROCEED. IT COULD BE FUN. AND YES I DO HAVE A CUE THAT WAS MADE THIS YEAR-FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO KNOW OF IT, PLEASE DONT SAY ANYTHING UNTIL I POST THE PICS, THANKS :)

I THINK WE START A CUE OF THE YEAR HERE ON AZ EVERY YEAR, SIMPLE CRITERIA, THE CUE MUST BE MADE IN THE CURRENT YEAR, KEN KERNER IS EXCLUDED ;), AND THE AZer HAS TO BE WELL KNOWN-SAY 250 POSTS OR 2 YEARS ON THE BOARD. AND WE COULD HAVE A 2ND AND 3 RUNNER UP. JUST KEEO IT REAL SIMPLE FUN AND LIGHT HEARTED.

LETS DO IT!!!!!

OK IF KEN KERNER BEHAVES THEN HE CAN PLAY TOO.:thumbup: BUT HE CANT USE THE CUE HE WON THE ICCS WITH, BECAUSE HE WILL BE DOING THAT ON A REGULAR BASIS AND WE WOULD ALL BE PLAYING TO FINISH 2ND TO HIM. KEN IS A MONSTER CUE MAGNENT AND HAS JUICE US MORTALS DONT. NOT ONLY THAT HE IS ONE HECK OF A GREAT GUY.

Hey Eric,
It's always nice to hear from you...
You always manage to put a smile on my face:smile:
I will try to behave so I can play with the rest of the kids..
Thanks for all this nice words.. I love to show off Bob's work, because he deserves all the credit in the world..
But, It would be hard to compete with the "Green Machine" aka "Fatboy" here on AZ. It would be hard to stop myself from voting for you.. Your a good friend, and I know you'll always have my back.. And you have amazing cues..
I love the idea of everyone showing off their killer cues. I look forward seeing more works of art..

Here are some pictures of "Evolution"
Best,
Ken Kerner
914-715-4057
evolutionandSW060.jpg

evolutionandSW003-1.jpg

ManzinoEvolution075.jpg

ManzinoEvolution054.jpg

ManzinoEvolution034.jpg

Sanj

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My Manzino Box Cue. Brazilian Rosewood / Abalone.

Here is another Manzino for consideration.

I got this cue in March. This cue plays great.
I asked for a traditional Box cue with Manzino Flair.
Bob really delivered. Thank you Bob. One of my favourite cues in my collection.

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00099.jpg

DSC000951.jpg

DSC001051.jpg

DSC000971.jpg

DSC001491.jpg

DSC001481.jpg

DSC001031.jpg

DSC001021.jpg

DSC001441.jpg