Anyone see that Blackboar cue on Facebook? Ouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shooter_Hans

24 years ago - good for you!

There is NO comparison between the work Dennis does and the work Tony does, Dennis is light years ahead of him!

Why do you think most of his cues are black and white? I'll give you a hint - it's because it's easy to hide flaws with filler in black
How about the white then?

shooter_Hans

c'mon hans, dazzle us with your cue making acumen

( some of your replies are down right numb)
How many cue makers do you make coffee for?

The idea of some of you being experts because you are a nuisance to a cue builder is funny.

XYZ builder is more realistically going to agree with me. They want you and your buddies out of their shop. They are one man show and just because you walked into the guy’s shop doesn’t make you an expert. He wants you out and also wants your money. Want to look around? Make it quick. ROFL

shooter_Hans

This is like talking to a 4 year old, you do realize(probably not) that the white IS the inlay and the filler is used AROUND the inlay
My job is to keep you responding.

The more you say the more I laugh.

So how many times you made coffee for cue builders?

shooter_Hans

Ignorance is bliss. You're the only one people are laughing at.

You just made the ignore list for being stupid
Great.

I will continue to shit on you without you knowing.

You didn’t explain why you called yourself an expert. That’s what I’m really waiting for. Lol

Tadaimarlon

Attachments

• received_2269508606570486.jpeg
    received_2269508606570486.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 70

TJFL

I agree, looks great. So, what happened here?
Not sure what's going on. Weird angle so maybe the glare. Also looks low resolution and zoomed. The red jewels in the middle look black and the gold/silver are blending together in that pic.

I played with that cue for a couple of months and never noticed those gaps in person. Inlays looked amazing imo. African Blackwood, parabolic butt, iv. over SS joint. Played amazing.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
How many cue makers do you make coffee for?
none, i was a biz partner with a very astute, successful cue maker until his untimely death several years ago
The idea of some of you being experts because you are a nuisance to a cue builder is funny.

XYZ builder is more realistically going to agree with me. They want you and your buddies out of their shop. They are one man show and just because you walked into the guy’s shop doesn’t make you an expert. He wants you out and also wants your money. Want to look around? Make it quick. ROFL

Hans, admit your clueless

i've forgotten more about the cue game than you'll ever know

the truth will make you free

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
I’ve owned this cue. You guys can blow up and distort these pictures to make them blurry all you want, but this cue is magnificent in person.

The original cue pictured should have never left the shop. No doubt about that. I have no idea why it did. But Tony at Black Boar is absolutely the best cue artist in the world. Bar none. Name one other cue maker that can send one out of his shop and get $75,000? Nobody. That’s the answer.

I’m not going to knock other cue makers and there’s a bunch out there that have their own major problems of including their business practices. But, I would never stoop to that. So, all you knockers, go back to your Meucci.

Tadaimarlon

I’ve owned this cue. You guys can blow up and distort these pictures to make them blurry all you want, but this cue is magnificent in person.

The original cue pictured should have never left the shop. No doubt about that. I have no idea why it did. But Tony at Black Boar is absolutely the best cue artist in the world. Bar none. Name one other cue maker that can send one out of his shop and get $75,000? Nobody. That’s the answer.

I’m not going to knock other cue makers and there’s a bunch out there that have their own major problems of including their business practices. But, I would never stoop to that. So, all you knockers, go back to your Meucci.
I guess you mean me. I haven't blown up or distorted anything, that's the way it was posted in a black boar group on Facebook. I just took the picture from there.

You can see the crooked inlay from a mile away, no need for a loupe or anything. If that is not how the actual inlay looks like then I wonder why that picture was posted and why it appears like that in the picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109-065149~2.png
    Screenshot_20240109-065149~2.png
    670.7 KB · Views: 45

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
If you would pay 20k for that half ass work good for you. I don’t expect a hand made cue to be perfect but I’ve seen a lot of customs in my life and that to me his shoddy work. Sorry if we called your buddy out. No one says all his work looks like that. Not even close.. but that shouldn’t have left the shop period.
I wish people would read.. I did not say anything about buying it, being ok with it, etc...

JV

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
I guess you mean me. I haven't blown up or distorted anything, that's the way it was posted in a black boar group on Facebook. I just took the picture from there.

You can see the crooked inlay from a mile away, no need for a loupe or anything. If that is not how the actual inlay looks like then I wonder why that picture was posted and why it appears like that in the picture.
I have no idea if it’s camera angle or what, but I can promise you this cue is spectacular in person.

classiccues

Silver Member
24 years ago - good for you!

There is NO comparison between the work Dennis does and the work Tony does, Dennis is light years ahead of him!

Why do you think most of his cues are black and white? I'll give you a hint - it's because it's easy to hide flaws with filler in black
Jump off his nut. Dennis is not even close to Tony in artistic ability. BB's work is hand down more complicated than Dennis' take on standard designs.

JV

JimmyRayK

Gina collector
Silver Member
Jump off his nut. Dennis is not even close to Tony in artistic ability. BB's work is hand down more complicated than Dennis' take on standard designs.

JV
100%. There are only so many ways to inlay a notched diamond. Dennis is spectacular in his own way but nobody on the planet is the cue artist Tony is.

Attachments

• IMG_1462.jpeg
    IMG_1462.jpeg
    118.9 KB · Views: 62

classiccues

Silver Member
This is a fair point. But what I don't understand is the defense of sub- par work. The pictures are zoomed in, but they are not under a microscope. the flaws are there very plain to the naked eye. IF they were just learning the CNC machine or the software, that means they were not experts when the cue was made. What in the world would make this even a 5k cue? I am genuinely asking, as I have never, owned, and probably never will, a custom cue.

I can understand the historical relevance of a Balabushka, as you said because of the championships won the relationship to famous players, etc. How many championships have been won with this maker's cue? How many famous or successful pro's play with them? Again, not being argumentative, just trying to learn.
Again.. not sticking up for the sub par work, just a possible reason. The point of my post is the decorum used to "bash" a few cuemakers. I have seen way more customs than you, from the looks of your post. If I spent that kind of time focusing on mistakes, I could have pointed out the negative of many cues. But it doesn't help the hobby in general.

Your last question has more merit and you could ask that about many cuemakers today and the answer would be not many.

JV

Tadaimarlon

I have no idea if it’s camera angle or what, but I can promise you this cue is spectacular in person.
I guess it might be possible that the glare + the low resolution of the pic made it look like that. Judging from your pic, the inlays do look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.