balance rite

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is their a member here on the forum that makes a custom extention just like the balance rite? I like the Bala rite but want on that looks better. Thanks

a1712

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Newsheriffintwn, his extensions are the cats. Brian.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blokid

The extension I received from him is perfect in fit, finish and performance. It was in my hands on less than 30 days, coming from Vietnam, not shabby at all. Taking into consideration international shipping, the price was commensurate with the balance rite. From what I've seen of balance rite his product is better imo.

Last edited:

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is their a member here on the forum that makes a custom extention just like the balance rite? I like the Bala rite but want on that looks better. Thanks

If you have the means, go with someone else.
Here is the thread on the defect.....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=5268234

The comments on that thread, and on the YouTube video itself prove it is not an isolated incident.
The owner of cue and case never did contact me after I called him and discussed the problem. He said they would look into it and get back to me.
Never heard from him again.

Last edited:

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Newsheriffintwn's stuff is amazing. I got a jump handle and an extension from him and everything is great.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blokid

I just got to play my first long practice session with the extension he made for me. This thing feels great and rolls dead straight. I wouldn't hesitate to order anything from him. I think he would work with you to make something that you liked visually better than the balance rite.

WGDave

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have a 4" 3/8x10 modified ebony extension made by newsheriffintwn-it looks and plays great.

Believe he works out of Arizona.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thanks

If you have the means, go with someone else.
Here is the thread on the defect.....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?p=5268234

The comments on that thread, and on the YouTube video itself price it is not an isolated incident.
The owner of cue and case never did contact me after I called him and discussed the problem. He said they would look into it and get back to me.
Never heard from him again.

I'm glad you told me this I had no idea they were this bad, we checked my friends last nite and it made my cue jump about an inch when rolled on the table.
I couldn't believe how bad it was, I had to double check my cue cause the roll was so bad with the balance rite.
O and my cue was perfectly straight together an a part, so thanks again for showing me this thread.

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm glad you told me this I had no idea they were this bad, we checked my friends last nite and it made my cue jump about an inch when rolled on the table.
I couldn't believe how bad it was, I had to double check my cue cause the roll was so bad with the balance rite.
O and my cue was perfectly straight together an a part, so thanks again for showing me this thread.

No problem whatsoever.
I found out the hard way since I play with an extension full time, I thought my eyes were playing tricks when I was sighting in and the cue just didn't look straight. It was extremely noticeable on long straight in shot drills.

After talking to some cue makers, it was determined that if they are mass producing these extensions by cutting up one long piece of wood that has been lathed down to size. Each of those small pieces are not necessarily the same exact size due to the slightest of differences in diameter down the initial piece of wood. So when they each get center tapped for the joints, some just come out not true center. That's where you get the flaw that is shown in the video and thread.

My advice to your friend is just keep returning the balance rite until they send you a good one. I went through 3 to find 1 decent one. And after this thread, I'm considering getting one made as well.

Best of luck.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problem whatsoever.
I found out the hard way since I play with an extension full time, I thought my eyes were playing tricks when I was sighting in and the cue just didn't look straight. It was extremely noticeable on long straight in shot drills.

After talking to some cue makers, it was determined that if they are mass producing these extensions by cutting up one long piece of wood that has been lathed down to size. Each of those small pieces are not necessarily the same exact size due to the slightest of differences in diameter down the initial piece of wood. So when they each get center tapped for the joints, some just come out not true center. That's where you get the flaw that is shown in the video and thread.

My advice to your friend is just keep returning the balance rite until they send you a good one. I went through 3 to find 1 decent one. And after this thread, I'm considering getting one made as well.

Best of luck.

I didn't bother sending mine back, but I had the same problem. I didn't realize it until someone (maybe you) mentioned it awhile back. I went out that night and threw it on and sure enough it raises like crazy, it gave my teammates a good chuckle. Ever since then I've been using the 2 in one Sherriff made but this thread got me thinking I should give a 4 inch one a try again so just put in another order with him.

c-money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mortuarymike-nv. here made one for me and so did newsherrif, both were perfect