Beginning Player Working On CTE

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've come to the conclusion about the majority of pool players, especially those inhabiting forums, are a lazy and impatient group. If the system doesn't jump right out at them and create instant gratification, it's bye-bye system and some negative final comments.

Well said, Spidey.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
You wouldn't know if it smacked you right upside your head. In fact, it has smacked you right upside your head because we tried doing it and bounced off like a tennis ball.

He stated himself he's only been on the table 3 TIMES working with CTE.

At least it's 2 more times than you've been on the table with it.

He joined AZ 4 days ago. How did he find out about CTE and have time to purchase 2 DVDs? It would take him more than 3 days to watch one DVD and come close to grasping anything.

He must have been lurking here for years without joining. When he does, he b*tches about the system.

Its possible the guys legit.

Just ignore post that bother you.
An as far as I'm concerned with cte , yes, you do have something on me, nothing.;)

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Man said he bought both dvds. What he said is very understanding and the REAL truth, everyones going to question that. When someone repeats the exact same process the outcome should be the same. Cte doesn't have that.

I agree that when one repeats the exact same process, the outcome should be the same. That is what makes CTE so great! Problem here is, as usual, some of you are just bent on trying to slam CTE. You make crap up, and then claim it as truth.

You see, (for the how many hundreth time now?) with the two different angles, you aren't doing every step exactly the same. Your visuals are exactly the same. But, all you guys fixate on is just the visuals. And, you totally leave out HOW one goes about getting those visuals. You do that because you don't use the system, and because you are so fixated on finding fault that you just make yourselves look dumb.

You never learn. No matter how many times we tell you the same thing, you keep coming back with the exact same nonsense.

As far as the OP, I stand by what I said to him. He claimed to be a user of the system, then later he slips up and admits that he has only tried it three times at a table.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
I studied the YouTube CTE videos for one week. The perceptions were very easy to see after doing what the man said to do.
Line up on the shot at the perception and fire away. Nothing hard about that. If it's a 15 degree perception then shoot it that way...if it's a 30 degree perception then shoot it that way and so on.
(The Shuffet CTE idea far excels over this "poolology" with zones and arithmetic and any other "ology" out there, in my opinion.)
Only 15, 30, 45, and 60 degree setups...........pocket all shots. What could be simpler? Got to deliver a good stroke though to the correct spot.
Why all the turmoil? It's just a idea to make shots easier......pool balls and a pool stick. Nothing more. Not a religious or political conversion.
Too much anger toward it. Very strange.

Two questions:
How can you have a "good stroke", if you've pivoted away from your natural stroke? I practice a pendulum stroke with zero right or left elbow action, but the pivot moves the elbow closer to the body or further away from the natural path? Right? Or, maybe I have that wrong. If so, what is a pivot if it is not moving the cue back and forth path?
"through to the correct spot"... spot on what?

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two questions:
How can you have a "good stroke", if you've pivoted away from your natural stroke? I practice a pendulum stroke with zero right or left elbow action, but the pivot moves the elbow closer to the body or further away from the natural path? Right? Or, maybe I have that wrong. If so, what is a pivot if it is not moving the cue back and forth path?

For starters, you aren't pivoting away from your natural stroke line. This is explained in the directions. Second, do you realize that you are only pivoting 1/2 tip? Are you saying that you set down on every shot within that parameter without the pivot and no reference such as CTE has?

Do you understand in CTE where your tip is when you get down on the shot before the pivot, and why it is there? I would say not, hence your question. What you are pivoting to is center cb as the eyes see it.

There is nothing hard or magical about it at all. Once you have your visuals set, you now have a fixed cb. Which means, you have a line from your eyes right through the center of the cb.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
For starters, you aren't pivoting away from your natural stroke line. This is explained in the directions. Second, do you realize that you are only pivoting 1/2 tip? Are you saying that you set down on every shot within that parameter without the pivot and no reference such as CTE has?

Do you understand in CTE where your tip is when you get down on the shot before the pivot, and why it is there? I would say not, hence your question. What you are pivoting to is center cb as the eyes see it.

There is nothing hard or magical about it at all. Once you have your visuals set, you now have a fixed cb. Which means, you have a line from your eyes right through the center of the cb.

I'm intrigued and envious of you guys, but can not get it from the DVD's or Stan's Youtube videos. How I dearly wish I could stop all the practice I've been doing on back cuts, banks, etc. Guess, being a dumb cluck, I'll have to see it demonstrated in person.

Last edited:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two questions:

A straight or good stroke isn't defined so much by the position of the elbow, but rather the grip hand and back wrist in relation to the bridge hand.

As long as that grip hand and back wrist are moving forward without any lateral movement, the tip should hit where it was aimed.

Regarding the pivot, however, you really shouldn't have much (if any) change in elbow location. Even with a manual pivot, the pivot is all wrist and so subtle, that your elbow really shouldn't move at all.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm intrigued and envious of you guys, but can not get it from the DVD's or Stan's Youtube videos. How I dearly wish I could stop all the practice I've been doing on back cuts, banks, etc. Guess, being a dumb cluck, I'll have to see it demonstrated in person.

No one says you have to use an aiming system.

If you genuinely gave it a try, and still can't make it work, then just move on. They certainly aren't for everybody.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
No one says you have to use an aiming system.

If you genuinely gave it a try, and still can't make it work, then just move on. They certainly aren't for everybody.

True enough, but it seems if someone finds a magical aiming system, that would take all the work away from learning the hard shots in the game.

Who was Hal Houle? How was he discovered? Was he a near pro player like Stan? I'm hoping someone will shed some light on him.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
True enough, but it seems if someone finds a magical aiming system, that would take all the work away from learning the hard shots in the game.

Who was Hal Houle? How was he discovered? Was he a near pro player like Stan? I'm hoping someone will shed some light on him.

Glad you asked:

Hal Houle could play 3 cushion billiards on a 2 cushion table.

Hal Houle could aim center ball and pocket it in all 6 pockets... at the same time.

OK, I couldn't help myself. No disrespect to Robin Dryer... :thumbup:

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

For starters, a magical aiming system doesn't exist, and no user of one has ever made such a claim.

I don't mean to get philosophical, but if you really want to improve, then there's one thing you need to learn.

Aiming system or no aiming system, there is no such thing as a hard shot. Shots are either made or missed, and that is entirely relevant to the shooter's skill level.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
Glad you asked:

Hal Houle could play 3 cushion billiards on a 2 cushion table.

Hal Houle could aim center ball and pocket it in all 6 pockets... at the same time.

OK, I couldn't help myself. No disrespect to Robin Dryer... :thumbup:

Very funny! Your first attempt to match the comedians on AZB? I've got to print out all the things that "Dickdive" guy wrote so I can turn it against him the second he posts about something he thinks he wants to share. I've learned my lesson on here... if you've got something good, keep it to yourself. The clowns are lurking like buzzard hawks.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-------------------------

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I studied the YouTube CTE videos for one week. The perceptions were very easy to see after doing what the man said to do.
Line up on the shot at the perception and fire away. Nothing hard about that. If it's a 15 degree perception then shoot it that way...if it's a 30 degree perception then shoot it that way and so on.
(The Shuffet CTE idea far excels over this "poolology" with zones and arithmetic and any other "ology" out there, in my opinion.)
Only 15, 30, 45, and 60 degree setups...........pocket all shots. What could be simpler? Got to deliver a good stroke though to the correct spot.
Why all the turmoil? It's just a idea to make shots easier......pool balls and a pool stick. Nothing more. Not a religious or political conversion.
Too much anger toward it. Very strange.

You have proven to be unqualified to speak about anything other than your own CTE experience. Your Mosconi "fractional aiming" bit was complete bogus, as Mosconi was an advocate of contact point aiming, not fractions. And if you expect players to believe that you latched onto CTE quick and simple within a week after watching a few videos, the same videos that many others have struggled with for months and years, well.... I'd have to say that's bogus also, especially when so many proficient CTE users right here in this forum have stated that it takes time to get it all working and tuned up. You act like 15, 30, 45, and 60 are all you need, but you'd be missing a lot of shots without fine tuning those angles thick or thin as needed. I've had the 1st CTE DVD and watched all the youtube clips multiple times. I'm not as ignorant on the subject as you are with Poolology, yet you still pretend to know it all.

Last edited:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You seem to know a lot about the CTE aiming. I have an idea/question? I'm not relating this to the troublemakers and haters who just come here to call names or start trouble. I'm thinking about normal people...those who're trying to learn. And why it was easy for me to catch on right away yet it's so much trouble for them. Is it possible that they, who're having trouble, don't understand that this is a "look at the cueball last" shotmaking process? He says in his videos how you must look at the cueball last and it is the target after getting into what he calls 'ball address'...(I call it getting down on the shot). If they're looking at the object ball last, it may just throw the entire thing out of kilter and they hit the wrong place. I looked at the cueball last all my life so it was no big deal to me. Maybe they haven't learned to break that habit of looking at the object ball last. And therein lies the difficulties.

One can look at the ob last. But, only after setting up properly on the cb. In CTE, the cb gets you to your final shot line. As long as you stay on that line, you can look at the ceiling if you want to.

The big problem with beginners to the system, is that many just don't know how to follow directions to a "T". They think they know how to aim, and they are looking for some magic aiming system. Instead of just following the directions given, which it's obvious that not a single one of the naysayers have done, they always add in other elements that don't belong, or just flat out skip steps.

If one really desires to learn CTE, they first have to be willing of what they think they know about aiming, and just follow the steps given and do the drills given. Perform and observe. Very soon it will all "click" once they learn to do that really rather simple thing.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One can look at the ob last. But, only after setting up properly on the cb. In CTE, the cb gets you to your final shot line. As long as you stay on that line, you can look at the ceiling if you want to.
The big problem with beginners to the system, is that many just don't know how to follow directions to a "T". They think they know how to aim, and they are looking for some magic aiming system. Instead of just following the directions given, which it's obvious that not a single one of the naysayers have done, they always add in other elements that don't belong, or just flat out skip steps.
If one really desires to learn CTE, they first have to be willing of what they think they know about aiming, and just follow the steps given and do the drills given. Perform and observe. Very soon it will all "click" once they learn to do that really rather simple thing.
-----------------

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You have proven to be unqualified to speak about anything other than your own CTE experience. Your Mosconi "fractional aiming" bit was complete bogus, as Mosconi was an advocate of contact point aiming, not fractions. And if you expect players to believe that you latched onto CTE quick and simple within a week after watching a few videos, the same videos that many others have struggled with for months and years, well.... I'd have to say that's bogus also, especially when so many proficient CTE users right here in this forum have stated that it takes time to get it all working and tuned up. You act like 15, 30, 45, and 60 are all you need, but you'd be missing a lot of shots without fine tuning those angles thick or thin as needed. I've had the 1st CTE DVD and watched all the youtube clips multiple times. I'm not as ignorant on the subject as you are with Poolology, yet you still pretend to know it all.

Actually, in the video exhibition match with Minnesota Fats playing 9 ball, 8 ball, and straight pool, Mosconi did in fact state, on film, that he used fractional aiming.