Beginning Player Working On CTE

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Glad you asked:

Hal Houle could play 3 cushion billiards on a 2 cushion table.

Hal Houle could aim center ball and pocket it in all 6 pockets... at the same time.

OK, I couldn't help myself. No disrespect to Robin Dryer... :thumbup:

It's true, you can't help yourself because you've lost all control over your mind and behavior. Hal Houle and his discovery have taken over all thought processes to the point of no longer being able to function normally.

You LIVE for this forum to be able to make some sort of inane or negative post. Your every waking hour is the obsession with CTE.

[/FOR YOU CTE MEANS... CRAZED THROUGHOUT ETERNITY.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Its possible the guys legit.

About as much so as you know what you're talking about when it comes to performing CTE and being able to explain what you're doing in crystal clear detail. Btw, you can make a video doing exactly what I just said to prove me wrong. I welcome it.

Just ignore post that bother you.

Incredible how those who have such earth shattering solutions for others can't do it themselves. You don't belong in ANY CTE thread. Why do you keep yapping your mouth in them instead of just ignoring?

An as far as I'm concerned with cte , yes, you do have something on me, nothing.;)

Since you've leaked your intentions, the entire world is waiting for the release of the book you're going to write about pool. You better get to work because there's going to be a lot of disappointed pool players if it's not out soon.

FYI, I won't be holding my breath.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Actually, in the video exhibition match with Minnesota Fats playing 9 ball, 8 ball, and straight pool, Mosconi did in fact state, on film, that he used fractional aiming.

That's great! I wish he was around today, as I would love to have his endorsement. I wonder why his own book didn't guide players to fractional aiming? Probably because of the guesswork involved in knowing which fraction to use, learning how to judge a 15, 30, 45, or 60 degree shot, not to mention the many intricacies of fine tuning those basic cuts thicker or thinner as needed. Interesting.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Since you've leaked your intentions, the entire world is waiting for the release of the book you're going to write about pool. You better get to work because there's going to be a lot of disappointed pool players if it's not out soon.

FYI, I won't be holding my breath.

I know, gotta stop procrastinating.

And don't be holding your breath, cte needs its number one cheerleader.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
For starters, a magical aiming system doesn't exist, and no user of one has ever made such a claim.

I don't mean to get philosophical, but if you really want to improve, then there's one thing you need to learn.

Aiming system or no aiming system, there is no such thing as a hard shot. Shots are either made or missed, and that is entirely relevant to the shooter's skill level.

I disagree. There ARE hard shots for everyone. By that, I'm saying a shot that one can make less than 50% of the time. Set this shot up and let me know. Put the OB 6" out from the side rail at the 3rd diamond, put the CB parallel 6" out at the 5th diamond on the same side rail. The 9 ball is in the way in this example but even if it wasn't, it's a hard transition. Now drill it into the corner pocket across table( jump stick aimed there for visual purposes). Being able to make this shot has so many rewards in the 9-10 ball game! Instead of a pounded shot with high follow to get back down table for the next shot, you can cut it into the corner pocket across table with outside or inside English for a very easy transition back down table and land on either side of the next ball sitting at the middle of the end rail, because the shot has a nice conductive angle BUT tough shot for us mere mortals. You guys using CTE can probably pot that shot what.... 8 of 10? If so, move the OB 1/2 diamond to the 2.5 diamond and do it again. Let me know.

Attachments

• layout.jpg
    layout.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I know, gotta stop procrastinating.

I wouldn't call it procrastinating. It's being conflicted, unfocused, and misdirecting your priorities because of the obsession.

And don't be holding your breath, cte needs its number one cheerleader.

CTE doesn't need cheerleaders, it stands on it's own merit for those who took the time and put in the effort to retrain the eyes for a new way of seeing shots. For us it's nothing more than a fun, easy, reliable way of making pool balls go into pockets. For you and others like you, it's an obsession that has taken over your entire being making you CRAZED THROUGHOUT ETERNITY

What CTE doesn't need is naysaying, possessed, psycho villains riding around in circles yelping war cries like wild Indians attacking the covered wagons.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I wonder why his own book didn't guide players to fractional aiming? Probably because of the guesswork involved in knowing which fraction to use, learning how to judge a 15, 30, 45, or 60 degree shot, not to mention the many intricacies of fine tuning those basic cuts thicker or thinner as needed. Interesting.

Maybe it's because he wasn't the Tesla of invention but more like the Picasso on the canvas (felt in his case)

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
CTE doesn't need cheerleaders, it stands on it's own merit for those who took the time and put in the effort to retrain the eyes for a new way of seeing shots. For us it's nothing more than a fun, easy, reliable way of making pool balls go into pockets. For you and others like you, it's an obsession that has taken over your entire being making you CRAZED THROUGHOUT ETERNITY

What CTE doesn't need is naysaying, possessed, psycho villains riding around in circles like wild Indians attacking the covered wagons.

I make a comment that op is probably legit an look where were at now. Who started what..lol. This system will always have its troubles.

Pocketing balls are so easy with cte. That being said, fix what ever else is wrong with your game an become a champoin..
Champ.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I make a comment that op is probably legit an look where were at now. Who started what..lol. This system will always have its troubles.

Yes it will just as it has for 20 years.

THOSE WHO ARE CRAZED THROUGHOUT ETERNITY.

Pocketing balls are so easy with cte. That being said, fix what ever else is wrong with your game an become a champoin..
Champ.

I am a champion in the real world outside of pool. Pool is a hobby and fun past time with no potential for that kind of earnings.

Fix yourself Anthony, you have a lot of problems.

Last edited:

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I am a champion in the real world outside of pool. Pool is a hobby and fun past time with no potential for that kind of earnings.

Fix yourself Anthony, you have a lot of problems.

Hey, I'm breaking our truce on not responding to each other, but I can be civil. Please scroll up and see the shot in the table picture and tell me how CTE makes that shot so easy. I think it's a hard shot but one with a lot of rewards if one can make it a decent percentage of the time. Your comments?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Hey, I'm breaking our truce on not responding to each other, but I can be civil. Please scroll up and see the shot in the table picture and tell me how CTE makes that shot so easy. I think it's a hard shot but one with a lot of rewards if one can make it a decent percentage of the time. Your comments?

I really don't want to break the truce. I'm very happy NOT communicating with you.

But this one time and ONE TIME ONLY I'll say this: I DON'T PRACTICE SHOTS THAT I MAY NEVER HAVE OR PLAY A SAFETY ON.

Does that answer ring a bell and satisfy you?

DON'T BOTHER ME AGAIN.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I disagree. There ARE hard shots for everyone. By that, I'm saying a shot that one can make less than 50% of the time. Set this shot up and let me know. Put the OB 6" out from the side rail at the 3rd diamond, put the CB parallel 6" out at the 5th diamond on the same side rail. The 9 ball is in the way in this example but even if it wasn't, it's a hard transition. Now drill it into the corner pocket across table( jump stick aimed there for visual purposes). Being able to make this shot has so many rewards in the 9-10 ball game! Instead of a pounded shot with high follow to get back down table for the next shot, you can cut it into the corner pocket across table with outside or inside English for a very easy transition back down table and land on either side of the next ball sitting at the middle of the end rail, because the shot has a nice conductive angle BUT tough shot for us mere mortals. You guys using CTE can probably pot that shot what.... 8 of 10? If so, move the OB 1/2 diamond to the 2.5 diamond and do it again. Let me know.

One pocket players eat these shots for breakfast.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
One pocket players eat these shots for breakfast.

That just shows how good One pocket players are. That is a tough shot for me, but I do practice it. Wish I had an aiming system to make it easier.

Bobkitty

Gold Member
Silver Member
I really don't want to break the truce. I'm very happy NOT communicating with you.

But this one time and ONE TIME ONLY I'll say this: I DON'T PRACTICE SHOTS THAT I MAY NEVER HAVE OR PLAY A SAFETY ON.

Does that answer ring a bell and satisfy you?

DON'T BOTHER ME AGAIN.

Wow, what a grouchy response. I just assumed CTE would make that shot as easy as ball in jaws. But, you'd play a safety? Maybe I've got it wrong.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member

Nice shot. Aim for a touch thicker than a 1/8 ball hit, striking the CB a tip above dead center with a medium stroke, not hard unless you're playing on shag carpet. The 7 will split the pocket and the CB will naturally come around for the 8. Aiming for a 1/8 hit would probably still work, sending the 7 to the left side of the pocket. Slightly thinner than a 1/4 aim would push it to the right side of the pocket. Just some options.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Wow, what a grouchy response. I just assumed CTE would make that shot as easy as ball in jaws. But, you'd play a safety? Maybe I've got it wrong.

Your memory of what YOU posted is shorter than your knowledge of CTE.

NO, I wouldn't play a safety! I'd fire it in just like I did on Colin's potting test with cuts just a acute. SOMETHING YOU REFUSED TO DO.

YOU'RE the one who made the comment never shooting a shot like that for a lame excuse because you COULD NOT make a number of the shots in Colin's test.

Here's what you said:

Quote: Originally Posted by denwhit View Post

I will not spend my time shooting shots I would never shoot. (period) My time is much better spent performing the stop shot + 6" at all speeds from all distances.

For example my safety play has so much improved over the last year or so just doing the drills because when I played pool back in the 60's, it was "dirty pool" to play that way. I knew nothing about safeties. So, when starting pool again a couple of years ago, I really homed in on safeties and the fact that both balls have to be controlled. Robin introduced me to a couple safety games that I like even more than pool! I get a real thrill out of locking up my opponent

I'm DEAD SERIOUS, I DO NOT want to communicate with you ever again! If you respond to me one more time or direct a post to me I will report the post to the mods as harassment
because I've requested it TWICE with no affect.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
(These pages from Mosconi's little red book on pocket billiards from the 50's years are quite simple to locate on Google)
Mosconi states under Sighting The Object Ball
"Most players, even beginners, can sight an object ball with relation to the angle of aim and shoot the ball into the pocket. However, all shots can be figured mathematically, so to speak, so let's leave nothing to chance." Fig. 38 explains our point.
Then we see the photo showing 6 lines of hits.
Next he presents the time worn line drawing chart showing the fractional hits for full, 3/4 right, 1/2 right, 1/4 right, thin on right side. If that's not arithmetic/ mathematic type thinking I don't know what it is. (And I don't believe he did any of it in action, either...it was just good as a filler to help sell books)
Very similiar to the stuff presented in that sterling epic "Poolology".
When an obscure amateur guitar player writes a manual on how to play pool and tries to sell it, I get very skeptical about his/her skills. Maybe that guitar player should stick to going from the simple C to A-minor to F to G and leave the pool shooting instructions to real pool players. ??
Just my opinion as usual.

Once again, there is ZERO mathematics in Mosconi's little red book. The word "mathematically" is the extent of all the math in the entire book. Also, one again, Mosconi advocates CONTACT POINT aiming in the book, not fractional aiming. There is no resemblance between Mosconi's aiming method as outlined in his little book and that "sterling epic" titled Poolology. Not sure what your agenda is here, but you should really educate yourself on the difference between contact point aiming, traditional fractional ball aiming, and the new and improved fractional aiming as presented in that fabulous work, Poolology. Here you go....http://www.pocketingballs.com. Learn something.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Watch more of Stan's videos. He has a shot very similar to this that he cuts in the corner, then banks it into several pockets.